Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

Full bodied red

Was watching in the UK this afternoon.

Good picture quality, good sound quality and in sync with the picture...BUT.....

Goal announcements on here at least two to three minutes ahead of the stream. For the fourth, even had Giflord's GIF before we had the goal streamed.

And the steam kept freezing with the on screen message ' Slow Internet Connection '....Ran speed tests each time and it was between 14mbs and 26mbs so what's so ' slow ' about that ?? Final 10 minutes, no steam at all.

But maybe Shearer was the worst part - the man obviously had a joint charisma and personality bypass at some point in his life.

Better than nothing, but light years behind SKY and BT and even Kebab TV / Ontario SportsNet / BeIn / etc on the same Firestick.

Nanotron

Hopefully this will be the way forward. Removing sky after the darts as is a few others I know. Not very happy that pay sky sports and still cannot view a game on boxing day.

Quality is as good as sky's tbh. Plus the features of viewing the goals etc during the game is cool.

Red4Life_#7

I had a lot of problems watching the game today, lots of buffering issues. According to downdetector there were a lot of issues reported with Amazon Video between 12-8pm today.

Dan_F

Mines been fine all day, bar last 10 minutes of our game. But I just reset the stream and then it worked fine after that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I had a lot of problems watching the game today, lots of buffering issues. According to downdetector there were a lot of issues reported with Amazon Video between 12-8pm today.
Been flawless all day for me from Spurs to the end of the United game. Not watching the dippers.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not had a single issue from the Amazon side.

When I moved over to another room, the wifi there is questionable and probably too much to ask from the Smart TV App to be flawless. It cut out for about 15 seconds and lost HD quality for a few mins.

Acole9

Outstanding
Better than last time but the sound wasn't great at times.

For people to suggest they're on a par with Sky is laughable.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great for me today, high quality, no buffering, and that was on a tablet, using my phone as a hotspot that barely gets 4G out here. Seems to get secure streams even when connection quality is poor. Same can't be said for SkyGo, and certainly not for BT.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Amazon Prime worked in Ireland for me. But the pic and motion blur is poor on Amazon compared to Premier Sports on Sky. Surprised that doesn't get mentioned more.
Didnt for me. Couldn't even see it on select options.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
So do they have the rights again next December?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Better than last time but the sound wasn't great at times.

For people to suggest they're on a par with Sky is laughable.
I was watching with the laptop plugged into the TV, the picture was not great, but sound was fine as it was the TV's sound. Then it kept going off, so unplugged it and just watched it through the laptop. The picture was actually better, but the sound was as though they were whispering. Then it kept going off again. I just reloaded it each time. Once Liverpool scored that was me for the night.

Green_Red

Im sure amazon will be licking their lips looking at the advertising revenue this prem streaming has brought in. Hopefully next season they swipe the lot from sky and bt.

DBT85

I literally sit in the room next to where its all happening. Pulled up Prime on the corp PC and it was 30 secs behind the actual real time so not terrible.

Don't watch a game with me in the chat if I'm working becase I'll spoil it for you even if you're watching on Sky!

So do they have the rights again next December?
It was a 3 year deal as all PL packages are.

Im sure amazon will be licking their lips looking at the advertising revenue this prem streaming has brought in. Hopefully next season they swipe the lot from sky and bt.
This will 100% not happen.

The PL and Sky have been together for 20 years and the PL won't just drop them, just as they didn't when BT came in first and outbid Sky on every bundle.

You're destined for 3+ providers for a while yet until BT get bored of it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Seamless again for me. I'm loving it, but again the delay is really annoying when you have a score notification app. Obviously can turn it off but it's easier to just leave them all on. If they can get that fixed it'll be great.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Great so far.
It will be the future that this type of coverage will be the the norm whether it’s Amazon or another broadcaster that presents it.
Obviously if live coverage of all matches is available the clubs will have to drop their admission prices to keep the grounds full which will have the effect of letting more “ordinary” fans attend games and probably pump up the atmosphere.

Mal donaghy

I personally find it really weird watching football on TV without commentary, I’d rather have bad commentary than nothing.

The Amazon coverage has been really good though, I wonder if this is a trial for having every game available to stream every week.
Yeah that would be fantastic, as for commentary I suppose its subjective, personally I dont need anybody to tell me what I'm watching , especially pundits that need subtitles like mcmanaman and carragher ! :D

jasT1981

So, with every game being shown on TV.... And Sky & BT getting to show all previously scheduled games and now more, why are they demanding something like £350m back?

Tiber

So, with every game being shown on TV.... And Sky & BT getting to show all previously scheduled games and now more, why are they demanding something like £350m back?

Sky have been giving me and probably just about everyone else Sky Sports for free since the lockdown started, hard to blame them for wanting their money back

brian017

Sky have been giving me and probably just about everyone else Sky Sports for free since the lockdown started, hard to blame them for wanting their money back
But they’re getting more games for their money

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That was Sky’s decision. Why should the Premier League be liable to cover this and not Formula 1, Cricket, Darts, Boxing, Golf and Rugby?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Presumably because games with unfit players without any fans or atmosphere, just being done for the TV money just won't be a very good spectacle, at least going by the Bundesliga anyway. A lot of people won't bother watching.

romufc

Presumably because games with unfit players without any fans or atmosphere, just being done for the TV money just won't be a very good spectacle, at least going by the Bundesliga anyway. A lot of people won't bother watching.
Well, the clause with the PL is probably to do with showing live games, nothing to do with fans and fitness of players. The truth is, the TV companies have lost money in other areas.

This pandemic has caused alot of businesses to lost money already anyway.

AFC NimbleThumb

A subscription service with access to game highlights & live games akin to an NBA Game Time & the like in the US is surely only a matter of time.

More games on Amazon going forward please.

Santos J

It's good for the goals show when that's on, same as BT with the CL.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Image quality is fine for me but FPS seems low co pared to Sky.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The picture is great and no buffering etc but I’m a good 30+ seconds behind live which is infuriating when discussing with other people.

Also the commentary and punditry is awful. Why have they got rid of the “no commentary” option?