Television Amazon Prime - UK

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's a bit wierd. Considering how well they've set out their website, you'd think the Prime Video site would be great. It's not. The Amazon Fire layout is poor too.

You're also right about content, Netflix defintely has the better content, although Amazon have a bigger range than disney+. The thing is, the Amazon range is pretty rubbish. It's mostly average or poor, dotted with excellent shows here or there.

Stuff i've enjoyed...

Vikings
The Boys
The man in the high castle
Sneaky Pete
Black Sails
Life in Pieces
4 Blocks
Hunters
Mirzapur

If you google best shows on Amazon Prime they've got some decent content, but I've already seem Mad Men and Desperate Housewives on other platforms so I didn't include them. They also had the Sopranos and The Shield, but I think you have to pay for them now, so it's not worth it in my opinion. I've been both before and have them stored on a hard drive.
Mr robot?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's a bit wierd. Considering how well they've set out their website, you'd think the Prime Video site would be great. It's not. The Amazon Fire layout is poor too.

You're also right about content, Netflix defintely has the better content, although Amazon have a bigger range than disney+. The thing is, the Amazon range is pretty rubbish. It's mostly average or poor, dotted with excellent shows here or there.

Stuff i've enjoyed...

Vikings
The Boys
The man in the high castle
Sneaky Pete
Black Sails
Life in Pieces
4 Blocks
Hunters
Mirzapur

If you google best shows on Amazon Prime they've got some decent content, but I've already seem Mad Men and Desperate Housewives on other platforms so I didn't include them. They also had the Sopranos and The Shield, but I think you have to pay for them now, so it's not worth it in my opinion. I've been both before and have them stored on a hard drive.
Yea amazon has nowhere near the output of netflix.

Goliath is also good. Hanna i heard is good but have to watch it yet. They also have the office for me.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Also 4 lions is a great film on prime if anyone hasn't seen it.
They also have The Day Shall Come from Chris Morris on there. It's not quite as good as Four Lions but a good film in it's own right.

SparkedIntoLife

With so many films and shows just sitting there on my Watchlist, I recently decided to approach watching Prime/Netflix now by checking what's leaving soon and prioritising watching those titles that may interest me.

This site lists titles leaving Prime Video UK in the next 30 days. I check it weekly and try to watch what I can. Normally there's like 12 pages. This week (guessing from December) there's 45 which equates to 718 titles. Some really significant and highly rated ones are leaving Prime at the end of this year.

Does anyone know why this is? Do they usually have a huge changearound in January? Or will many of these be renewed?

For those interested, here's the site I use for Netflix.

Zen

Films come in packages or some shit I think - thus why the same channel would show the same films when you were growing up... I'm assuming it's more or less the same deal for streaming services now, but shorter exclusivity times maybe.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
The UI was bad before, but the latest update is terrible, the seasons are now separated in the main screen so when you go to season one on weekly shows it won’t show the newest episode, you have to search for the latest season to get it.

Zlatattack

The UI was bad before, but the latest update is terrible, the seasons are now separated in the main screen so when you go to season one on weekly shows it won’t show the newest episode, you have to search for the latest season to get it.
yeah it's really shit. idk why they don't just copy netflix and tweak it so it's legally different.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The app is shite & the content isn’t much better. If it wasn’t bundled in with shopping, I wouldn’t subscribe.

Also, the app on my LG TV separates 4K content from HD. So where I can just play a show on Netflix/Disney+ and it will automatically output 4K HDR, I have to go specifically searching for the 4K version on Prime, otherwise I’ll end up watching on HD quality. Horrible UI.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Amazon prime is very poor quality wise. I have basically nothing to watch on it now bar the final season of Bosch, which will probably be predictable.

Might cancel and then when the lord of the rings comes on it i will subscribe. There simply isnt enough stuff on it to justify subscribing unlike netflix. I have about a year of things to watch on netflix.