Amazon Prime World Cup Documentaries

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't know if anyone has seen these but I'm watching the 1954 one and it has some wonderful rare footage of likes of Matthews and Hanappi. Very high quality pictures too.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
How's the concept & editing - is it more about stories, summaries & short scenes, or are longer game passages included?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
How's the concept & editing - is it more about stories, summaries & short scenes, or are longer game passages included?
More summaries of games rather than stories but even though the footage is short, it is very HD and it’s rare stuff.. like just saw a goal scored by Zebec and the Uruguay game v Scotland was like 2-3 mins but showed some really nice football from Uruguay.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I have seen the 1954 one on TV some time ago. It's the official FIFA film, not an Amazon documentary if you are talking about the same. Agree, the quality really impressed me as well.

More importantly, wondered back then if FIFA has full games or even longer content of games

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I have seen the 1954 one on TV some time ago. It's the official FIFA film, not an Amazon documentary if you are talking about the same. Agree, the quality really impressed me as well.

More importantly, wondered back then if FIFA has full games or even longer content of games
Yes, sorry official FIFA film. They must do surely?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I once asked FIFA World Football Museum director about this but I caught him rather off guard with this question, he didn't know exactly, iirc he didn't recall any full games pre-1954. Not sure how reliable that answer was, he said that they had more memorabilia and photos than videos from that era, but I don't think that he knew their collection excessively though. It was about the time that they had just opened (2016/2017-ish), and it was clearly more of a managing role. I should've shamelessly exploited that link further down as I had his card somewhere, but I didn't and they've appointed someone new already :(

Also, this is a specific museum, although founded by FIFA, so it's entirely possible that they have the copies at their own, I don't know, archive department, while the museum was more focused on physical objects.

This is pure speculation, but I'm sure that they should have full footage of Hungary - Uruguay & the final from 1954. When you look at what's available (mostly what joefa had scrambled together) there's simply too much for it not to be recorded fully. And the camera angle & quality, unlike in the 30's or even early 50's, is suited enough for a full-game recording.

Just take a look at the amount of footage from that semi-final! Unless something happened with the physical source before they had managed to copy or digitalise it, of course.