Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I guess there is a certain equivalence between trolling a woman who upset a man found to be a 'wife-beater' legally and the former potus who was impeached and supported far right extremists.
:lol: If that's your description of her then we know you're a bit biased in her favour. It's as accurate a description as Trump being a guy who "tells it like it is".

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Ive not been massively active in this thread, but been keeping tabs on what is going on. I just want to re-highlight how funny it is that @shamans has vanished after all his claims about being balanced. Carry on.
I think probably because the balanced people have moved on and acknowledge there's nothing more to be said now that the trial has a resolution.

It's only people showing their true colours left grinding their axes.

Drainy

I think probably because the balanced people have moved on and acknowledge there's nothing more to be said now that the trial has a resolution.

That is frankly untrue. There have been follow up interviews and talk of book deals etc. that are keeping the story alive.

She was found to have defamed him by talking generally about abuse and is now talking openly about her accusations after they were found false, without any litigation privilege leaving her open for further action, potentially.

People are going to want to talk about that.

ArjenIsM3

That is frankly untrue. There have been follow up interviews and talk of book deals etc. that are keeping the story alive.

She was found to have defamed him by talking generally about abuse and is now talking openly about her accusations after they were found false, without any litigation privilege leaving her open for further action, potentially.

People are going to want to talk about that.
Agreed. It's the same after a transfer or a F1 race for example. There's usually interviews and other developments going on after the transfer has completed or the race has finished which people will obviously talk about. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol: If that's your description of her then we know you're a bit biased in her favour. It's as accurate a description as Trump being a guy who "tells it like it is".
I daren't care about either of them. They both seemed awful people, albeit Johnny clearly has a certain charm and humour. I just find find the witch-hunt masquerading as a quest for justice for a multimillionaire all weird and distasteful.

Drainy

Agreed. It's the same after a transfer or a F1 race for example. There's usually interviews and other developments going on after the transfer has completed or the race has finished which people will obviously talk about. Nothing wrong with that is there?
The race isn't even over in this case, there is an upcoming hearing to enter the judgment and Heard is saying she will appeal.

ArjenIsM3

I daren't care about either of them. They both seemed awful people, albeit Johnny clearly has a certain charm and humour. I just find find the witch-hunt masquerading as a quest for justice for a multimillionaire all weird and distasteful.
Yeah he doesn't deserve justice, he's a multimillionaire!

What's that got to do with anything? :lol:

Jippy

Staff
He wasn't found to be a wife beater legally. The Sun were just found to have had enough justification to make the allegation and print the words, but he wasn't found to be anything. It was still an allegation that would then have to be proven in a court.
An allegation that was found to be 'substantially true' by the judge.

MichaelRed

Yeah he doesn't deserve justice, he's a multimillionaire!

What's that got to do with anything? :lol:
Don't try and get rational thought out of Jippy. I said Amber's injuries didn't appear to line up with her descriptions of extreme violence & he responded by accusing me of masturbating whilst fantasizing about beating her up myself.

Jippy

Staff
Half my life trawling the internet? Ok grandpa, there's a thing called notifications. I do like that you're carrying on with equating wanting the law to be upheld with 'willing bad things to happen' to someone. Very big brain manoeuvre.
You seem to have a hate-filled wish for her to lose her freedom, career and solvency that is way beyond some high-minded crusade for justice.

Ageist abuse is unnecessary.

That'sHernandez

He wasn't found to be a wife beater legally. The Sun were just found to have had enough justification to make the allegation and print the words, but he wasn't found to be anything. It was still an allegation that would then have to be proven in a court.
He admitted to headbutting her, mate, you're choosing the wrong hill.

Mike Smalling

The race isn't even over in this case, there is an upcoming hearing to enter the judgment and Heard is saying she will appeal.
As I understand it, Amber Heard would have to put up a bond of the judgement, $10.35m, as well as interest and attorney fees. Most likely, that is money she simply doesn't have, so I would guess that the talk of appeal is mostly a bit of posturing from her side.

Drainy

As I understand it, Amber Heard would have to put up a bond of the judgement, $10.35m, as well as interest and attorney fees. Most likely, that is money she simply doesn't have, so I would guess that the talk of appeal is mostly a bit of posturing from her side.
I think it's at the judge's discretion. If I were the judge and she was acting the way is I would be wanting the bond.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

I think the ones with their axes to grind are the ones who occasionally pop in to abuse certain other members and accuse them of being misogynists (amongst other things) to be honest.

It's weird and bizarre and more "vindictive" and "stalkerish" than anyone that's commenting on am ongoing international news story/ trial.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I think the ones with their axes to grind are the ones who occasionally pop in to abuse certain other members and accuse them of being misogynists (amongst other things) to be honest.

It's weird and bizarre and more "vindictive" and "stalkerish" than anyone that's commenting on am ongoing international news story/ trial.
I mean, MichaelRed seems a bit obsessed at this point. I won't comment on his motives, but it's certainly odd.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I mean, MichaelRed seems a bit obsessed at this point. I won't comment on his motives, but it's certainly odd.
I don't think I'd count it as an obsession.

Since the trial ended he's posted a handful of times in here, usually on the back of some new thing happening (lawyers interview, appeal discussion, new pictures released etc) so he's not digging up old graves to have a go.

The fact of the matter is that people (at the time) felt he was a misogynist because he didn't believe Amber Heard and said that he didn't (much like the jury).

He got threadbanned for practically no reason while others can call people allsorts of names without a care in the world.

Now his character is being attacked again without much provocation so I'd assume those people are the one with the obsession/ agenda.

That'sHernandez

I don't see what is vindictive or stalkerish about passing judgement on one person's continued obsession with someone he doesn't know and has no relation to, to the point of hoping they commit a crime so they end up in prison .

MichaelRed

I don't see what is vindictive or stalkerish about passing judgement on one person's continued obsession with someone he doesn't know and has no relation to, to the point of hoping they commit a crime so they end up in prison .
They've already committed several crimes & there's nothing wrong with wanting the law to be upheld if they continue to commit further crimes. I don't know why I bother replying to you since you twist everything to fit your narrative. I don't personally know & I'm not related to Hitler but I'm sure you'll excuse me for calling him a bad person. If anything, not knowing or having a relation to a person is important when commenting on their criminal actions. It may shock you but juries aren't typically made up of friends and family of the defendant.

That'sHernandez

They've already committed several crimes & there's nothing wrong with wanting the law to be upheld if they continue to commit further crimes. I don't know why I bother replying to you since you twist everything to fit your narrative. I don't personally know & I'm not related to Hitler but I'm sure you'll excuse me for calling him a bad person. If anything, not knowing or having a relation to a person is important when commenting on their criminal actions. It may shock you but juries aren't typically made up of friends and family of the defendant.
You're not on the jury.

MichaelRed

You're not on the jury.
Ah, so the only people that can have an opinion on Amber Heard are her friends, family & the jury. Thanks for clarifying, weird that we have a thread on this topic then since I doubt any of the caf are her friends, family or the jury. It's almost like people are free to discuss what they like.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I don't see what is vindictive or stalkerish about passing judgement on one person's continued obsession
You passed your judgement on him weeks ago and continue to now.

If I recall correctly you called out his "blatant misogyny" around the time Heard took the stand.

You think he's "obsessed" but you are just projecting your thoughts/ feelings on to him.

Hes posted a handful of times in here in the past 10 days and the most action this thread has seen in weeks is when a couple of posters come in and call people names/ cast aspersions on their character and it kicks off because most are completely baseless and frankly agenda driven IMO.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Ah, so the only people that can have an opinion on Amber Heard are her friends, family & the jury. Thanks for clarifying, weird that we have a thread on this topic then since I doubt any of the caf are her friends, family or the jury. It's almost like people are free to discuss what they like.
Thankfully the jury agrees with you, so that argument doesn't really help him.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's amusing me that the people in here to moan about the people still posting in have themselves sparked up yet another merry-go-round that we've been through numerous times before :lol:

On another note #ibelieveamberheard is trending again with plenty of new accounts and replies restricted. Shock. Horror.

Musk must want those off the bill too!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I see a certain poster is being a condescending prick again.

We're allowed to call people pricks right @Jippy?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes it's totally normal behaviour to spend half your life trawling the internet for negative stories about a C list celebrity while willing bad things to happen to them. My mistake, don't let me distract you from the hunt!

I guess there is a certain equivalence between trolling a woman who upset a man found to be a 'wife-beater' legally and the former potus who was impeached and supported far right extremists.
Don't remember joining any hunt. :lol:
The point was it's more than possible that the poster might be happy to see her in prison due to other reasons, like being of the opinion that Heard is the domestic abuser here.

You'd have to avoid most social media to not see the stories recently discussed in here btw.

fallengt

I don't even care much about Depp other than him being a decent actor. But if anyone think Amber's testimony has weight in it, I'm seriously worry about their cognitive function. This is not even debatable at this point.
The above statement is to uk judge as well.

Anyway this should be in entertainment forum now. I don't see how she can appeal. All she has is a mega notebook of hearsay.

Mike Smalling

I don't even care much about Depp other than him being a decent actor. But if anyone think Amber's testimony has weight in it, I'm seriously worry about their cognitive function. This is not even debatable at this point.
She lied under oath about at least five different topics. Off the top of my head, I would say she clearly lied about the incident leading to Depp losing his finger, alerting TMZ, the donations, writing on the mirror, and the trashing of the trailer park. I’m sure there’s more. The silly thing is, she probably didn’t need to lie about most of that, but she is just too much of a narcissist.

She must have been a nightmare to be an attorney for, to be fair, because she just gave off a horrible vibe on the witness stand. Fake, entitled and constantly lying.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
When is her deadline for appeal?
I believe its 30 days from date of judgement. So about another week if thats that case. She's going to have to come up with a good reason for the appeal though. And that judgement of 2 mill in her favour kinda puts the kibosh on her "jury bias" appeal.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I believe its 30 days from date of judgement. So about another week if thats that case. She's going to have to come up with a good reason for the appeal though. And that judgement of 2 mill in her favour kinda puts the kibosh on her "jury bias" appeal.
Thanks

Drainy

At a guess, I'd say people who still support Heard haven't seen much of it, and/ or are more interested in the politics rather than the facts.

My view on the UK judge is that he probably has some old fashioned views. He's now retired anyway.