Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

MichaelRed

@shamans

Just a simple question. If you're the judge jury in this case. How'd you rule?
Full custody of JD's kids to Amber. 5B in damages to Amber for her losing out on the next 400 Aquaman sequals. JD must make himself available for piggybacks whenever Amber needs to travel. All Pirates films to be re-shot with Amber replacing Depp in all scenes. It's the only logical ruling.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Damaging to JD's case if the trial ended today but I actually think overall it will be good for JD. Each testimony in isolation seemed damaging but they were all contradicting each other & I'm sure that will be highlighted in Depp's rebuttal case at the end. I know people are saying Whitney was damaging for Depp & that might be in part due to the fact that she called in sick for her deposition with Depp's side, which I believe should have been grounds enough to forbid her from giving testimony, but I think Depp's team played her near perfectly. They established that she would defend Amber & Amber would defend her & they established that she is friends with and confided in Jennifer Howell. Jennifer Howell will likely be used in rebuttal & blow everything out of the water for Amber's team.

If you're not familiar with Jennifer Howell then here's some info. She was Whitney's former boss & let Whitney live with her for 11 months because Whitney moved out of the penthouse with Amber, confiding in Howell that she had to leave because Amber was constantly beating her. Howell has texts from Whitney saying "She's really done it now, she's cut off his fecking finger!!". Whitney told Howell that Amber was attacking her on the stairs & that Johnny did not hit or attempt to push Whitney down the stairs. There are texts from Howell to Whitney, urging her not to lie under oath & then expressing her disappointment after Whitney did lie under oath in the UK case. Howell told Whitney that she was also going to testify & that she would tell the truth because she wanted Whitney to escape from Amber's abuse, to which Whitney responded by urging Howell not to testify for Johnny. Howell has even been speaking over these past few weeks about attempts to intimidate her & showed on her Instagram stories how her home, on a 10th floor, had been broken into using power tools to drill through the door & her home had been destroyed but nothing was stolen. She has said she has had enough of this family of abusers lies & will clear her name after the slander from Whitney about her.

There's even video footage of a reality TV show that was recorded, but ultimately not released, where Whitney is covered in bruises & the other people on the show are asking why she lets Amber beat her up like that. I doubt that this footage will come in but, honestly, if we get all the testimony & evidence from Howell on rebuttal I think that will be such a bombshell that will finish off any remnant of hope for Amber's case.
Did she also not admit to seeing Heard get physical with Depp but never saw Depp getting physical with Heard?

MichaelRed

Yeah i read that. But how much of that would be allowed considering it would be borderline hearsay.
It wouldn't be classed as hearsay because it's what Whitney told directly to Howell. It would be hearsay if you add another layer & it becomes "Whitney said that Amber said".

fallengt

AH actually told the judge & jury that these are two different pictures and not that she editted the first one. I don't remember the exact words but she told them she took one picture then turn on the light and took another.

Who was she trying to fool? 8 years old? Every strand of hair is in the same place in both pictures.

harshad

Scout
It wouldn't be classed as hearsay because it's what Whitney told directly to Howell. It would be hearsay if you add another layer & it becomes "Whitney said that Amber said".
May be you are right but I am not too sure about it mostly because Whitney hasn't said what she confided in with Howell.

harshad

Scout

AH actually told the judge & jury that these are two different pictures and not that she editted the first one. I don't remember the exact words but she told them she took one picture then turn on the light and took another.

Who was she trying to fool? 8 years old? Every strand of hair is in the same place in both pictures.
AH went at length to state that she hasn't ever edited a photo. May be she got someone else to edit it for her. She wouldnt be lying if that were the case and the cross-examiner did not actually ask her whether she got someone else to edit it.

Still think she has been shown to have lied about a number of things - the pledge/donation thing, the TMZ thing in her deposition during the divorce proceedings that reduces her credibility as a witness.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Those are the exact same picture, even any 5 year old could tell straight away.

But question being how does the original one got leaked out at first place? Isn’t she the sole owner of these photos? Why would she even submitted both version to expose her own lies?

Mercurial

That's her declaration in the case and seem to have also a witness statement deposited.

Interesting read, the sister was outraged she wasn't covering up for the heard family the first trial.

Denis79

I saw that part of the trial. Absolutely crazy.

harshad

Scout
I'm pretty sure they got that out of her today, didn't they? Unless I'm losing it.
Not sure.

Edit: Maybe it was inferred as to what Whitney confided in Howell. Since the questioning was a bit generic in nature. But I dont think Whitney was specifically asked what she confided in with Howell.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
My reply was to someone who said why do supporters support when there is no evidence. The question here is not evidence. there is evidence but depending on what you believe you will accept or deny it.

Pictures: bruises aren't "real" enough
Testimonies: can't be relied upon. Free loaders
Depps texts: just month python jokes
Depps statements on audio: taken out of context
Depp's history with drug and alcohol: unrelated

and so on. If you believe Amber Heard you will see enough evidence. You think she is lying, every piece of evidence barring an actual video of violence will probably not be enough.
I think that’s an unfair claim that people only operate with bias.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Does eveything have to be black and white? Yes, I believe she has lied and/or exaggerated stories, doesn't mean everything she has said has to be completely false.
No. But in a trial with minimal tangible evidence, honesty and integrity become uniquely important. The problem is with the lack of evidence we will never know, and in that absence and context, she has made herself less trustworthy and less believable. If this all happened, the lies have only undermined her credibility. I don’t believe as strongly as others do that this vindicates Depp. But it does, in my mind, mean that to convince me that aspects of her stories are true, the burden of proof has become higher. That’s because of her, and her only, and would have been avoided without the lies.

MichaelRed

Is Howell scheduled to testify in court?
She will on rebuttal at the end yes. There is no 'schedule' as the witnesses that are chosen will vary depending on how a trial unfolds but given the testimony of Whitney it is almost 100% that Howell will appear at some point.

Strats

She will on rebuttal at the end yes. There is no 'schedule' as the witnesses that are chosen will vary depending on how a trial unfolds but given the testimony of Whitney it is almost 100% that Howell will appear at some point.
Lets hope so.

Been following this case pretty closely, as someone who works in treating people who have borderline combined with histrionic personality disorder(amongst others), Amber ticks all the boxes based on her behavior in court and the stories that have been told.

Being in a relationship with someone with these kind of issues can turn into a complete nightmare filled with lies, made up scenarios and a constant need of putting the person in center of attention.

Not saying that JD is an angel by all means as his drug addiction seems to be pretty hefty. However, I can fully understand if Ambers behavior contributed to further instability into his demeanor.

Also, Amber claiming that he popped 8-10 pills of MDMA(if I understood that correctly) before assaulting her is absolutely fecking ridiculous

Drainy

One of the Lawtube content creators - Runkle of the Bailey - was in the courtroom yesterday and is claiming that the jury are pretty checked out from the defence evidence.

They apparently were very receptive to Josh Drew but everyone else they seemed to disregard or dislike.

He said that they noticed the acting coach's comment about Heard's inability to cry while acting.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Any idea how many weeks left for this case?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Lets hope so.

Been following this case pretty closely, as someone who works in treating people who have borderline combined with histrionic personality disorder(amongst others), Amber ticks all the boxes based on her behavior in court and the stories that have been told.

Being in a relationship with someone with these kind of issues can turn into a complete nightmare filled with lies, made up scenarios and a constant need of putting the person in center of attention.

Not saying that JD is an angel by all means as his drug addiction seems to be pretty hefty. However, I can fully understand if Ambers behavior contributed to further instability into his demeanor.

Also, Amber claiming that he popped 8-10 pills of MDMA(if I understood that correctly) before assaulting her is absolutely fecking ridiculous
Right? Good luck moving after taking that much. Not that I’ve ever heard of anyone taking that many.

Chief123

Completely irrelevant to what I've said and given you have already attacked me in this thread for no reason I should have stuck to my initial thought of not engaging with you
Tbh you’ve posted some utter nonsense so far.

Anustart89

On a side note in a country where people goes to jail for having a roll of marijuana how's it possible that Johny admitted snorting cocaine in the court and not getting anything?
Well this case isn’t about that, but being white and famous helps.

MichaelRed

On a side note in a country where people goes to jail for having a roll of marijuana how's it possible that Johny admitted snorting cocaine in the court and not getting anything?
Most of the country has legalised marijuana & even normal people don't go to jail for recreational drug use. Dealers are far more likely. It's almost impossible to have something you say in court used against you in a legal sense (if it's not related to the trial). Rich & famous people privilege. Pick whichever reasons you want really.

bugmat

They are both clearly addicts and so are most of the witnesses. But it's not about that - just saying you did drugs cannot get you charged criminally. Cops have to catch you with it to even press tose kind of charges (or plant it on you).

facund

"Possession of x" is a crime rather than "consumption of x".
This is why people sometimes swallow their drugs rather than get caught with them on their persons.
Consumption tends to only become a factor under certain conditions such as driving a motor vehicle.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
One of the Lawtube content creators - Runkle of the Bailey - was in the courtroom yesterday and is claiming that the jury are pretty checked out from the defence evidence.

They apparently were very receptive to Josh Drew but everyone else they seemed to disregard or dislike.

He said that they noticed the acting coach's comment about Heard's inability to cry while acting.

I saw those comments and it is most likely not true. If it was there could be a case for a mistrial. Jury cannot check out like that if it's obvious they're not paying attention it's kinda serious..

Drainy

I saw those comments and it is most likely not true. If it was there could be a case for a mistrial. Jury cannot check out like that if it's obvious they're not paying attention it's kinda serious..
What a load of bollocks.

Grounds for a mistrial because some jurors are bored :lol:

hobbers

Studying how jurors are responding to witnesses or evidence is a whole art form in itself.

Jurors mentally check out all the time. Glaze over when listening to a witness they don’t like or find credible etc.

MichaelRed

Studying how jurors are responding to witnesses or evidence is a whole art form in itself.

Jurors mentally check out all the time. Glaze over when listening to a witness they don’t like or find credible etc.
One juror has a hearing aid & takes it out when Amber's witnesses are testifying. That's some body language even I could read :lol:

But yea, overall I wouldn't expect most people to make accurate reads on juror body language.

Drainy

It's literally happened in every case at some point.

Unless they are sleeping, good luck in getting a juror kicked and even then the judge will just ask them to stand up for a bit.

Denis79

One juror has a hearing aid & takes it out when Amber's witnesses are testifying. That's some body language even I could read :lol:

But yea, overall I wouldn't expect most people to make accurate reads on juror body language.
'Nope, not interested' :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Petition to turn @shamans into @Shameless after this trial with all the mental gymnastics they're going through to excuse Heard. Never seen anything like it!