Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

MichaelRed

Depp should be arrested and put in jail for life! I've just seen him killing his customers on Fleet Street with a straight razor! Apparentlly he's been turning his victims into pies as well! Irrefutable evidence!
No point trying to arrest him. I heard the last time they tried to arrest him he used the governor's daughter as a hostage & escaped on a ship. Bloody pirate.

Tarrou

Depp should be arrested and put in jail for life! I've just seen him killing his customers on Fleet Street with a straight razor! Apparentlly he's been turning his victims into pies as well! Irrefutable evidence!
he's gone and fecked up all the hedges in my neighbourhood too, he's out of control

Red Stone

No point trying to arrest him. I heard the last time they tried to arrest him he used the governor's daughter as a hostage & escaped on a ship. Bloody pirate.
Are you telling me he's a chocolate mogul, a murderer, a pirate and one of the most notorious dark wizards of all time? This man is a menace! He must be stopped!

In actual reality for once, is Amber Heard actually Brooke Shields' character off of Friends?

Cloud7

Now hang on, he may not have scissors for hands, but surely he is an actual pirate, right?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Now hang on, he may not have scissors for hands, but surely he is an actual pirate, right?
Don't be so daft, he's actually an animated chameleon called Rango, it's how he disguises himself so well.

MichaelRed

"Why should I have to donate my divorce settlement in order to be credible?" What a clown. Idk, maybe it's because you bragged about donating it to a children's hospital on television.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Let it go Michael.

@mods I respectfully request this thread be locked

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Verdict isn't final til June 22nd & there'll likely be appeals. Looks like this party isn't dead yet bucko.
Also this thread was dead up until Heards latest interview , it's not like people are digging up graves to get new information.

hobbers

You misogynists dont even know how people pledge money to buy houses.

Drainy

Balljy

They are. They did their part and were discharged.

Even if they were to come out and say something dodgy about how they came to the conclusion it wouldn't change anything.

If they reveal that they lied during jury selection, the judge will just ask questions and in all probability sweep it up
They're not allowed to say anything about what happened in the jury / deliberation room after the event, at least that's the case in the UK.

choccy77

The jury were not allowed to be named by anyone in the court or press.

It doesn't mean they couldn't speak to media, should though so wished.

Fluctuation0161

I remember how upset everyone was when they realized he didn’t really have scissor hands. He got us good.
He lied to us. That's why Mark Morrison wrote the UK hit "return of the mack" some years later after the 1990 release of the film. He couldn't get over the lies regarding the lack of scissors for hands.

fergieisold

Mike Smalling

She's certifiably insane. Have been watching a lot of clips from the trials, and it's astounding how many times she either contradicts herself or fails to remember details related to the case. And the way she keeps looking at the jury is a weird mix of entitled and creepy.

Any legal experts that can shed light to how this will work going forward? I mean, she has now been found guilty of defamation, so I would imagine she has to be extremely careful what she says about this case going forward.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Would love to read the revenge book of Harvey Weinstein - said no one ever.

Amazed that someone gave her a book deal out of this and that there isn't an uproar, guess it's just some sort of misogyny right?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
They're not allowed to say anything about what happened in the jury / deliberation room after the event, at least that's the case in the UK.
It's perfectly legal in the US. Unlike the UK, they can discuss the verdict, trial, deliberations with anyone, but noone can make them talk about it unless they have a court order.

Anustart89

Would love to read the revenge book of Harvey Weinstein - said no one ever.

Amazed that someone gave her a book deal out of this and that there isn't an uproar, guess it's just some sort of misogyny right?
Imagine the verdict had gone the other way and Depp was looking to release a “revenge book”. Reckon we’d lose a bunch of columnists from spontaneous combustion.

MichaelRed

She's certifiably insane. Have been watching a lot of clips from the trials, and it's astounding how many times she either contradicts herself or fails to remember details related to the case. And the way she keeps looking at the jury is a weird mix of entitled and creepy.

Any legal experts that can shed light to how this will work going forward? I mean, she has now been found guilty of defamation, so I would imagine she has to be extremely careful what she says about this case going forward.
She has already committed defamation again, multiple times, in her NBC interview. Going forward Depp could sue her again & win comfortably but she's already not going to pay him what she owes & so by suing her again he'd do nothing more than burn his own money in legal fees in a situation where he doesn't even need to clear his name again. She probably knows this & will continue her rampage until he can get an injunction against her which will legally force her to shut up.

Drainy

She doesn't have anything to lose at this point, she's just trying to take (keep?) Depp down with her.

She just doesn't want him to win at this point.

Mike Smalling

She has already committed defamation again, multiple times, in her NBC interview. Going forward Depp could sue her again & win comfortably but she's already not going to pay him what she owes & so by suing her again he'd do nothing more than burn his own money in legal fees in a situation where he doesn't even need to clear his name again. She probably knows this & will continue her rampage until he can get an injunction against her which will legally force her to shut up.
Yeah, makes sense, especially about her ability to pay.

I wonder what her net worth is currently, given that she owes Depp about $8.4m, $7m to her two charity pledges and about $6m in legal fees (if reports to be believed).

Most likely, she will just find another Elon, pretend to like him, and get him to pay off her fees.

MichaelRed

Yeah, makes sense, especially about her ability to pay.

I wonder what her net worth is currently, given that she owes Depp about $8.4m, $7m to her two charity pledges and about $6m in legal fees (if reports to be believed).

Most likely, she will just find another Elon, pretend to like him, and get him to pay off her fees.
Her lawyers claimed she paid $6m in legal fees to try act like Amber wasn't interested in money but her legal fees were paid by her home insurance. A home insurance rep was with her every day in court.