Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Kind of agree.

But I think society is worse now. Not better. We saw unequivocal evidence of Rihanna being beaten. Her abuser has enhanced his career, wealth and reputation since.

This Depp-Heard thing has been monetised as entertainment.

The actual stories are;

- Men get abused by women too
- Addiction fcuks people up

Im fairly certain that on several occasions Amber Herd was scared of a man she lived with. I’m more certain that she inflicted more mental and physical pain and torment in him than he ever did on her.

It’s a big mess and society doesn’t care. That’s the biggest problem.
Agreed.

Tried to make this point earlier in the thread, about the Deppo love in and how it's shameful, yet got shut down.

Neither of these two deserve any sympathy,

Baneofthegame

I don’t know if you’re doing it right because I don’t know what ‘it’ is I’m afraid. Though I’m not quite sure what kind of value you attach to someone being ‘clear in their bias’. It’s a court case, it concerns a truth none of us can possibly directly know. Being openly biased is not a strength here.
Super, I’m not applying it to winning a court case, my issue with shamans is well pointed out by several posters here, in that they are claiming to be objective.

Their is no “winner”, you initiated the debate with me, I believe both Heard and Depp to be abusers in a toxic relationship from both parties, in this case I find she comes across strange, that’s my opinion, I also thought Depp was terrible and at some points odd during his second stint in the stand as well.

Enjoy your evening.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I mean it is obvious that some of the hate thrown at Heard is rooted in misogyny. We have a few clear examples of it in this very thread. It doesn't mean that she's not in the wrong etc, or the worse of the two, but it is there.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Super, I’m not applying it to winning a court case, my issue with shamans is well pointed out by several posters here, in that they are claiming to be objective.

Their is no “winner”, you initiated the debate with me, I believe both Heard and Depp to be abusers in a toxic relationship from both parties, in this case I find she comes across strange, that’s my opinion, I also thought Depp was terrible and at some points odd during his second stint in the stand as well.

Enjoy your evening.
I will do, fella, and apologies if I caught you in the crossfire that would have been better aimed at others.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol:

Didn't think I would have to argue that the internet has a issue with misogyny, my bad for forgetting how weird this place can be.
All I did was ask what made it so clear that some of the criticism she gets is because she is a woman. That was a genuine question btw.
Misogyny is real, asking for an example of it in this case doesn't imply its non existence

tomaldinho1

Agreed.

Tried to make this point earlier in the thread, about the Deppo love in and how it's shameful, yet got shut down.

Neither of these two deserve any sympathy,
You need to separate the court case from the idea of either getting sympathy. Both seem like complete morons but one them does look like they’re guilty of defamation.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I don't think it's happened as much in this thread (though it has a few times iirc) but over the internet in general there's definitely been a lot of misogynistic hate thrown her way.

Anustart89

Here's the exchange again.

Clearly a lot of the hate Heard is getting will be down to the fact she is a woman but I mean there's no chance even half the shite she is talking about is true. Like it's parody levels of bollocks tbh.
When you say "clearly" , what do you base it on ?
Someone who just happens to share the same surname is getting hate mail because some online think the woman is Amber Heard sister

The internet is a weird place and full misogyny. Still doesn't meaning Herd isn't talking a lot of shite a lot of the time.
So you made the argument that clearly people on the internet hate women because they abused someone with a similar name on the internet.

Then I pointed out that the same thing has happened to men with similar names as other men. Does that mean that clearly a lot of the hate that Chris Foy received was because he's a man, or can you admit that you made your point in a nonsensical way?

I'm not disagreeing with you on the main point. The internet is indeed full of idiots, bigots and misogynists, but I don't think that the way you brought the point forward made any sense. There are a lot of reasons why people hating on Amber Heard may come from a place of misogyny, but to claim that the evidence of that is people abusing others with the same name then that doesn't really hold up, does it?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't think it's happened as much in this thread (though it has a few times iirc) but over the internet in general there's definitely been a lot of misogynistic hate thrown her way.
Yeah I didn't mean to suggest it was commonplace in this thread, just that it had happened a few times in this thread. While this thread has an obvious slant (shamans aside) it's usually focused on actual details coming from the case.

Sviken

I mean it is obvious that some of the hate thrown at Heard is rooted in misogyny. We have a few clear examples of it in this very thread. It doesn't mean that she's not in the wrong etc, or the worse of the two, but it is there.
You can say the same thing about Depp though. Deuxmoi being given as a very good example of that. But the vast majority dislike Heard because she is a liar and she tried to ruin a man's life for her own, and that of her leeching friends, financial benefit. Is Depp the perfect human being or even a good husband? Most definitely not. But he didn't deserve any of these lies. To accuse someone of sexual violence is the lowest of the low.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
You can say the same thing about Depp though. Deuxmoi being given as a very good example of that. But the vast majority dislike Heard because she is a liar and she tried to ruin a man's life for her own, and that of her leeching friends, financial benefit. Is Depp the perfect human being or even a good husband? Most definitely not. But he didn't deserve any of it.
Not sure if you've read through the entire thread but if you do you'll see it said (among other things) that she's dressed like a tramp, she's riding the #metoo train to fame, that she dated Depp for his lifestyle, that she dated Depp for career advancement, that Depp had no reason to be overly attached to her as she's nothing special in terms of looks (along with a helpful list of Depp's apparently better looking exes to compare her to) and (conversely) that people are only defending her because of her looks.

If you can't see the difference between that and criticism untainted by misogyny then I'd be concerned.

Which isn't a defence of Heard, who I believe abused Depp. It's a criticism of some of the posters here and the unpleasant, one-sided, parasocial lense they've been viewing the ongoing case through. It's a creepy thread.

Sweet Square

All I did was ask what made it so clear that some of the criticism she gets is because she is a woman. That was a genuine question btw.
Misogyny is real, asking for an example of it in this case doesn't imply its non existence
Your on the internet talking about the case, there's loads of it going around, The more extreme example of people calling her a bitch, talking about how she is a awful mother, etc. It's the internet ffs.

Sviken

That goes both ways, that's what I'm saying. There's been quite a few misandry against Depp, as well. Sure, Heard doesn't have that many supporters, and for good reason because only the batshit crazy seem to support her, but this is the internet. Some people will even say worse things about her or even Depp. What matters here is that she is a horrible human being and there is no two ways about that. And that's why the vast majority dislike her. Not because she is a woman or any of that nonsense.

Moby

Dick
Your on the internet talking about the case, there's loads of it going around, The more extreme example of people calling her a bitch, talking about how she is a awful mother, etc. It's the internet ffs.
Why the hell are you bringing in content from garbage places like Twitter Instagram reddit etc into here which are obviously filled with cnuts and in this case despicable sexist cnuts.

How about you respond to things that are written in here and leave the rest of it outside? Some of us make a point to avoid those garbage places so as to not having to encounter any of that shite that goes on in there.

Sweet Square

Why the hell are you bringing in content from garbage places like Twitter Instagram reddit etc into here which are obviously filled with cnuts and in this case despicable sexist cnuts.
Because thats what I was talking about in my post.
Clearly a lot of the hate Heard is getting will be down to the fact she is a woman but I mean there's no chance even half the shite she is talking about is true. Like it's parody levels of bollocks tbh.

Sweet Square

Your post reads as an indication of this thread and not the entire internet.

Thats the way you read the post and also the example I used was not from this thread. Pretty clear that I haven't been talking about this thread.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's what you could have answered instead of using that terrible example tbh. The passive agressive tone wasn't necessary

MichaelRed

Amber Heard : "I wouldn't know how to leak it"

Also Amber Heard : 'I can think of better ways to leak it to make a bigger impact'
Yea that was hilarious.

"Of course I didn't leak it, I wouldn't even know how to do something like that"

a few moments later...

"If I wanted to leak things I would have done a lot more than this"

:smirk:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Amber Heard : "I wouldn't know how to leak it"

Also Amber Heard : 'I can think of better ways to leak it to make a bigger impact'
Damn you just won the case. With this and "incoming" messages you really should be exempt from passing the Bar and begin practicing law!

fallengt

I identify myself as Amber-Anti and I'm biased af, don't deny it. People are always biased, whoever says the otherwise only lie to themselves but it's fine as long as you don't see things binarily. I only watch this trial for its entertainment value, most people ITT feel the same I do believe.

Who gives a feck what'' happening on social media, it's a cesspool anyway. Internet does internet thing. If you type "horsecrap" on you search bar, what do you expect from the results? Doesn't mean internet is full of shit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Done. Closing Arguments tomorrow
Thank feck. If I read anymore smarmy, pretentious shite in this thread from the usual suspects I'll burst a testicle.

And what's with all of the passive aggressive rubbish? If you think someone's being a cnut then call them a cnut. The mods won't punish you for telling the truth. @esmufc07 is a cnut. See? It's fine.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Thank feck. If I read anymore smarmy, pretentious shite in this thread from the usual suspects I'll burst a testicle.

And what's with all of the passive aggressive rubbish? If you think someone's being a cnut then call them a cnut. The mods won't punish you for telling the truth. @esmufc07 is a cnut. See? It's fine.
In that particular case, we even get rewarded!

MichaelRed

I identify myself as Amber-Anti and I'm biased af, don't deny it. People are always biased, whoever says the otherwise only lie to themselves but it's fine as long as you don't see things binarily. I only watch this trial for its entertainment value, most people ITT feel the same I do believe.

Who gives a feck what'' happening on social media, it's a cesspool anyway. Internet does internet thing. If you type "horsecrap" on you search bar, what do you expect from the results? Doesn't mean internet is full of shit.
We are always biased, but it is important to note that biases come from a source whether it is reasonable or not. Bias on the base of mysogyny is unacceptable but people being bias because of the evidence they've seen is not. Sometimes people with bias are unfortunately lumped together as if their bias all comes from the same place when that's just not the case.

Personally my timeline was:

Sun paper showing photoshopped AH injuries - Yikes. Johnny is awful. Didn't know who AH was.

Build up to Sun trial - leant towards being slightly more neutral as I felt there must have been some reason to bring a case so maybe it wasn't clear-cut.

Sun trial verdict - JD is a scumbag that beat up his wife.

Personally looking at the testimony, evidence & verdict of the trial - Seemed pretty damn sus that the judge ruled against JD, started personally favouring his version of events.

More info came out in the build-up to this trial - Heavily swayed me to Depp's side, definitely at the point where I became undoubtedly bias toward his version of events.

This trial - Solidified my bias to the point where I can't even comprehend how anyone can side with Amber at this point.

Btw, to clarify, I'm agreeing with your post on bias, not being argumentative.

shamans

She drinks more than him, does MDMA & shrooms & has a self-reported cocaine addiction in her medical notes (despite her just testifying that she'd never do cocaine and I'm sure she'll be destroyed on that in cross). He has an abundance of witnesses, including people that are NOT employed by him, before you fire back with that bias. She has zero witnesses, only her testimony despite her being an even less reliable witness. It's definitely their strategy but it's weak.
This certainly did not age well.

shamans

We are always biased, but it is important to note that biases come from a source whether it is reasonable or not. Bias on the base of mysogyny is unacceptable but people being bias because of the evidence they've seen is not. Sometimes people with bias are unfortunately lumped together as if their bias all comes from the same place when that's just not the case.

Personally my timeline was:

Sun paper showing photoshopped AH injuries - Yikes. Johnny is awful. Didn't know who AH was.

Build up to Sun trial - leant towards being slightly more neutral as I felt there must have been some reason to bring a case so maybe it wasn't clear-cut.

Sun trial verdict - JD is a scumbag that beat up his wife.

Personally looking at the testimony, evidence & verdict of the trial - Seemed pretty damn sus that the judge ruled against JD, started personally favouring his version of events.

More info came out in the build-up to this trial - Heavily swayed me to Depp's side, definitely at the point where I became undoubtedly bias toward his version of events.

This trial - Solidified my bias to the point where I can't even comprehend how anyone can side with Amber at this point.

Btw, to clarify, I'm agreeing with your post on bias, not being argumentative.
Yeah you also solidified a hollywood plot of grand spy Amber Heard sneaking to fetch Depp's phone in 2017 to send some vile crap to someone (*note, not just text hey I beat AH but something else!) only to then case some magic on his judges for them to never point this out :lol:

Moby

Dick

You have to save it for people who really deserve it!