Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

lsd

The Oracle
Absolutely he's worse off than before it happened. But relatively he's still doing OK.. Relatively his life is as far from ruined as is possible. Yes, I know rich people have feelings too but their wealth and privilege and influence are massive safety nets. And I'm not factoring in extra sympathy due to fame. Christ. The poor rich famous people.

The mother of my kids is extremely wealthy, and she assaulted me befure I left her and the kids for years. Trust me, wealth makes a difference.

He still has money and fame but he has lost out on what he likes to do which is act and that can't be ignored.

His name has been shamed he and his family have had to endure press calling him a monster and woman beater while Amber has been seen as an innocent victim.

I do have a lot of sympathy for that as well as yourself obviously. It must horrible to have everyone believe someone else's lies about you and not until this be able to speak up and put your side of the story across.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Anyone speaking against Heard has been quickly shot down as a misogynist by her two, three neutered defenders. interestingly they all claim to be 'neutral' which is hilarious when reading through some of the pages of this thread.

Many of us came in to this thinking Depp was a proper cnut but the court has shown that she isn't any better, more likely she is worse. Now 2-3 of her defenders can't accept that some of us can't find the slightest of sympathy for Heard. I guess all have their reasons why but for me it's the fact that the crazy lady is a fecking hypocrite. Even if I put aside all her lies this trial and I still can't find sympathy for an abuser crying about being abused, I simply can't.

But the main reason why I follow this isn't because I care how they fare, I don't give a shit how this goes. I follow this for the entertainment.
For me the issue isn't sympathy for Heard, she deserves none, but the fact that people deem Deppo to be warranted sympathy.
If you're not giving Heard sympathy, why give Deppo sympathy?

Also, Deppo is still be treated as some martyr, some hero to be worshipped over in the states in particular, which is crass and disgusting. Some of the viewpoints on this very thread reek of fandom and desperation to discredit Heard and big up Deppo.
It's messed up why anyone would 'choose sides' in what is a toxic and alarming tale of two abusers and two victims.

Anustart89

For me the issue isn't sympathy for Heard, she deserves none, but the fact that people deem Deppo to be warranted sympathy.

Also, Deppo is still be treated as some martyr, some hero to be worshipped over in the states in particular, which is crass and disgusting. Some of the viewpoints on this very thread reek of fandom and desperation to discredit Heard and big up Deppo.
It's messed up why anyone would 'choose sides' in what is a toxic and alarming tale of two abusers and two victims.
If you accept that Depp has lost his reputation (which is the main currency of celebrities) and livelihood from the allegations claiming that he’s a serial abuser, that he raped her with a glass bottle and regularly punched the living shit out of her, and then it turned out that the one making the allegations is at best the instigator while portraying herself as the victim or at worst an utter liar, wouldn’t you feel bad for the guy who has lost his life as a consequence of exaggerated and/or false allegations? What’s so wrong with that?

Or should we just go “eh, he’s a man/white/junkie/celebrity so feck him, he’s privileged enough as it is”?

Denis79

I'm not from the US so I don't know what picture they are painting over there. The reason I have less sympathy for Heard is because she was the one who wanted to take this to the public eye. Instead of reporting him for abuse she went to the papers, to TV. She wanted to play a victim and now has been revealed to be an even worse abuser than Depp. Karma is a bitch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Sure some of the worships may have been over the top. But you are making it sounds like they should be treated equally, when it’s not even close. People have freedom and rights to give sympathy to whoever they want, especially after all the evidences they’ve watched in court, they could judge with their own eyes who should they sided with, or they could just stay neutral throughout too. In general its only human nature they decided to side with something they believe in.

Thing is, most people will tend to feel sorry for Depp, who has been suffering over many lies made against him in past couple of years. Of course it’s only natural people will give him more sympathy when they start to see another side of it. I mean what if some crazy freak trying to ruin your life with all the made up lies and acting innocent all along, and you have been suffering for years as the results? Of course people will want to side against it. Without those damning recordings, Depp could be forever branded as monster and even goes to jail. Think about it.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He still has money and fame but he has lost out on what he likes to do which is act and that can't be ignored.

His name has been shamed he and his family have had to endure press calling him a monster and woman beater while Amber has been seen as an innocent victim.

I do have a lot of sympathy for that as well as yourself obviously. It must horrible to have everyone believe someone else's lies about you and not until this be able to speak up and put your side of the story across.

I get all that, but he has the platform to rectify the situation. And good luck to him.

I brought that woman to court over hitting the kids and it took four years to prove. On the first day she said it was a false accusation and part of systemic bullying on my part. With no hesitation there was a barring order put on me which stood for almost four years.

fallengt

Maybe they believe Deppo is still redeemable? He can be a nasty person, that's what drug & alcohol do to people but Deppo has been in the entertaiment industry for a long time and very consistent with this character of his, including on the court today and for that reason, many people know it and willing to give him benefit of the doubt this time.
A good comeback/redemption arc also plays a huge factor here, everyone loves one. You pretend like this happened out of nowhere, it's not. Most people had shit on Deppo and his family for 4-6 years straight because some taloids told lies, it would've never had to be like this if some of them had stopped.

In comparision, Miss Heardio can't keep her story clean & straight. You don't have to be a psychologist to tell she's narcissist and she really thinks it's everone else's fault but her.
I'm 100 percent sure if she had dropped the "damsel in distress & sole victim" act from the beginning and be more consistent with 'mutually abusive relationship' story which what this is. More people would feel sympathy and want to side with her but it has come to a point that she lied so much and starting to believe her own lies.
Why can't we be more sympathetic? Well, for starter, don't try to sell 2-3 stories all at one, it rubs people the wrong way. Miss Heardio is her own biggest enemy, can't blame anyone for it.

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

Where have you got "Deppo" from?

Edit: and "Heardio" wtf. :lol:

Champ

If you accept that Depp has lost his reputation (which is the main currency of celebrities) and livelihood from the allegations claiming that he’s a serial abuser, that he raped her with a glass bottle and regularly punched the living shit out of her, and then it turned out that the one making the allegations is at best the instigator while portraying herself as the victim or at worst an utter liar, wouldn’t you feel bad for the guy who has lost his life as a consequence of exaggerated and/or false allegations? What’s so wrong with that?

Or should we just go “eh, he’s a man/white/junkie/celebrity so feck him, he’s privileged enough as it is”?
Not when he is an abuser as well!

Doesn't matter about celebrity, race, creed etc.

He is an abuser and deserves to be called out for one.

As does Heard.

Champ

How is Heard a victim? I'm genuinely curious.
So you don't believe she has been abused at all?
That all of this is made up, that Deppo talking about a headbutt isn't real?

Champ

Maybe they believe Deppo is still redeemable? He can be a nasty person, that's what drug & alcohol do to people but Deppo has been in the entertaiment industry for a long time and very consistent with this character of his, including on the court today and for that reason, many people know it and willing to give him benefit of the doubt this time.
A good comeback/redemption arc also plays a huge factor here, everyone loves one. You pretend like this happened out of nowhere, it's not. Most people had shit on Deppo and his family for 4-6 years straight because some taloids told lies, it would've never had to be like this if some of them had stopped.

In comparision, Miss Heardio can't keep her story clean & straight. You don't have to be a psychologist to tell she's narcissist and she really thinks it's everone else's fault but her.
I'm 100 percent sure if she had dropped the "damsel in distress & sole victim" act from the beginning and be more consistent with 'mutually abusive relationship' story which what this is. More people would feel sympathy and want to side with her but it has come to a point that she lied so much and starting to believe her own lies.
Why can't we be more sympathetic? Well, for starter, don't try to sell 2-3 stories all at one, it rubs people the wrong way. Miss Heardio is her own biggest enemy, can't blame anyone for it.
I agree with most of what your saying.

However, will Heardio get a redemption arc in the future?? I highly doubt that.

Heardio is right about one thing, Deppo definitely is more popular and famous in the court of public opinion, and that seems to count for most people.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

As does Heard.
There can't be two abusers, and considering the audio and the emotional and mental aspects I believe Heard to be the abuser in this, not saying he never hit back but imo he shouldn't be expected to get abused regularly and not try to defend himself on occassions, ie when he headbutted her to try to make her to stop.

Sviken

No, I don't believe so. There's nothing to suggest she was. Being a shitty husband due to being a drug and alcohol addict (which she is also guilty of, btw) is not the same as being an abuser. And as far as the headbutt goes, we talked about it. Depp claims in the recording he headbutted her on the forehead which implies it was not intentional. Depp on the stand says in a scuffle their heads might have met each other which sounds likely. Now the reason why I don't take the headbutt from Depp as an actual intentional headbutt despite him admitting it is because it was done in response to Amber blaming her for him headbutting her which would imply he was placating. The same way he was placating about the finger where he says even to Amber that his finger fell off or something when we know what happened due to the tape rercording in the hospital which can't be admitted in this trial.

Judging by the recordings Depp has a very weird way of placating Amber and her words which is another indication it's not very likely he was abusive. Abusers either blame the victim or are dismissive about it in a "so what, what are you gonna do about it" way. Depp in the recordings often takes the blame for any grievance Amber has against him and seems to cower to her demands. And even if for a moment we pretend and that it was a real, intentional headbutt with the idea of hurting Amber, it was a single instance that we have evidence of of Depp ever being violent with her. And we know that the headbutt at least came when Amber was in a state of frenzy, at least, which gives credit to Depp's story of what happened.

At any rate, I find it hard to believe that some people still call a guy who runs in bathrooms to hide from his spouse as an abuser. That doesn't make any sense.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
After following the trail so far, my take on it is that Depp is a druggie and prone to smashing things in rage, but not a physical domestic abuser. It appears to me, that in general it was actually Heard who initiated/escalated most of the fights into something physical. Where Depp more just had verbal outbursts that were generally sent to others, or taken out on objects.

At a guess, in some of those physical fights Depp may have fought back to some extent, or accidently hurt her in trying to restrain her/escape. After all someone on so much drugs/alcohol isn't going to be in full control of their limbs in those situations. It is in those more isolated situations that Heard has attempted to create an image of some massive assault. Ie a small bruise from a single bump/accident turns into a story where she claims minutes of violent assault.

For me there is just a clear lack of believable evidence that Depp has actually been physically abusing her, particularly when she has claimed she has actively been trying to document it all. Where there is a massive amount of evidence of Heard fabricating stories and manipulating evidence.

Ideally at the end of this trial, we never hear anymore from Heard and she slides into irrelevance. And at the same time I hope that Depp doesn't manage some sort rejuvenation.

hobbers

The headbutt thing is such a red herring.

If she lies about being raped with a bottle. If she lies about "knowing" Depp threw Kate Moss down a flight of stairs. If she lies about events where she claims things were damaged when they weren't. And we know all of these things were lies.

Why would any reasonable person believe any other claims?

If the only times Depp has hurt Heard physically, as with the headbutt, were when he was defending against her physical aggression, then that is not him being physically abusive.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Listening to the closing arguments now and (a) Johnny's lawyer is hot af but more importantly (b) Jesus Christ Amber Heard has done some fecking crazy shit and is an absolute animal.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

He has himself to blame. His movie career was rapidly going downhill since 2016 or so..

shamans

The headbutt thing is such a red herring.

If she lies about being raped with a bottle. If she lies about "knowing" Depp threw Kate Moss down a flight of stairs. If she lies about events where she claims things were damaged when they weren't. And we know all of these things were lies.

Why would any reasonable person believe any other claims?

If the only times Depp has hurt Heard physically, as with the headbutt, were when he was defending against her physical aggression, then that is not him being physically abusive.
I'm not sure if you know this but the headbutt is recorded on Audio. Kate moss was a non issue since she never claimed he did but it's a rumor she heard.

shamans

There can't be two abusers, and considering the audio and the emotional and mental aspects I believe Heard to be the abuser in this, not saying he never hit back but imo he shouldn't be expected to get abused regularly and not try to defend himself on occassions, ie when he headbutted her to try to make her to stop.
:lol:

CraftySoAndSo

I'm not sure if you know this but the headbutt is recorded on Audio. Kate moss was a non issue since she never claimed he did but it's a rumor she heard.
You don't testify under oath trying to establish facts by saying something you only heard as a rumor.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Kate moss was a non issue since she never claimed he did but it's a rumor she heard.
It's kind of a big issue though because it's part of what you and others use as part of the mathematical equation as to why Depp committed physical abuse.

Alluding to that rumour in court and leaving it unaddressed would have caused speculation on Depps character.

He got to squash that rumour in court.

If you look at any piece of evidence on it's own it won't work but add up all of this:

1) Depps violent past reported by Kate Moss and another ex (I'm forgetting the name she was involved in the UK high court case)
2) Suns 12 counts of accusation against him withheld in a UK high court
3) Bruises on Amber Heard with pictures shared
4) Depps obvious problems with alcohol and drugs
5) A board certified psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes has said she clearly sees sexual and physical abuse from Depp. I've heard a lot about this psychologist being a quack. I think that's none sense but yes she's Heard's psychologist so there is bias here but at best I think there would be exaggeration of events. Not "just never happened".
6) Depps apologies on text, texts to friends.
7) Depps assistant said Depp was apologetic, appalled and sad when I would tell him about how he beat her up. He claims Depp would say he had an illness (addiction) and didn't remember any of this. Here its possible Depp's own assistent is lying but again, it's all these cases combined.
8) Amber Heard has texts to friends and families as well as diary notes from the times he hit her all the way back to 2013.

There is all of this. And again, she could be framing him but for me it's easier to understand that he did hit her.

shamans

You don't testify under oath trying to establish facts by saying something you only heard as a rumor.
It's kind of a big issue though because it's part of what you and others use as part of the mathematical equation as to why Depp committed physical abuse.

squashing a rumor is not the same as proving someone lied and definitely not in court. If she had said "yes he pushed Kate moss" it would have been different.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
squashing a rumor is not the same as proving someone lied and definitely not in court. If she had said "yes he pushed Kate moss" it would have been different.
Yes but it's not a non issue.

It's an attempt to add credence to her accusations.

Which you have done in the past.

He got to refute it.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If you look at any piece of evidence on it's own it won't work but add up all of this:

1) Depps violent past reported by Kate Moss and another ex (I'm forgetting the name she was involved in the UK high court case)
2) Suns 12 counts of accusation against him withheld in a UK high court
3) Bruises on Amber Heard with pictures shared
4) Depps obvious problems with alcohol and drugs
5) A board certified psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes has said she clearly sees sexual and physical abuse from Depp. I've heard a lot about this psychologist being a quack. I think that's none sense but yes she's Heard's psychologist so there is bias here but at best I think there would be exaggeration of events. Not "just never happened".
6) Depps apologies on text, texts to friends.
7) Depps assistant said Depp was apologetic, appalled and sad when I would tell him about how he beat her up. He claims Depp would say he had an illness (addiction) and didn't remember any of this. Here its possible Depp's own assistent is lying but again, it's all these cases combined.
8) Amber Heard has texts to friends and families as well as diary notes from the times he hit her all the way back to 2013.

There is all of this. And again, she could be framing him but for me it's easier to understand that he did hit her.

1 - disproven
2 - if the sun is argument #2 on your list, you're struggling already :lol:
3 - the pictures also showed the make up kit she used to fake the bruises
4 - problems with addiction don't make you a violent person
5 - Heard had a psychologist say she had PTSD, Depp had a psychologist say she absolutely did not and Depp was the victim of abuse. Bit of a load of toss
6 - Apologies mean nothing
7 - See 6
8 - Heard is a sociopath who has clearly planned this for ages. This can be seen in the videos/recordings where she is trying to goad him into hitting her/trying to gather evidence.

I have only been half following this to be fair, but it seems like a slam dunk for the Depp side. Maybe they don't get the win in court ( I believe most experts were saying this would be impossible at the start of the case ) but he's certainly won the court of public opinion and Heard definitely seems like a massive cnut, much moreso than Johnny.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that mate.

I think stories like yours are a big reason that public opinion has shifted against Heard. (Moreso than ingrained "Misogyny" or a PR Offensive orchestrated by Depp)
I appreciate that mate, it was a struggle at the time but I'm good. I'm not even bitter about it or the treatment I received from people like the police initially, nor do I think I'm some kind of expert on the subject. I just obviously see certain signs and parallels in others here and there.

The sad thing with us is it has scared my eldest and at 13 he is having major issues. That's worst than anything else ever, and is often then forgotten aspect in these situations. Which is what makes what Heard is doing even more evil for me, she played on a subject she knew she'd be believed on whilst openly telling him he wouldn't. That right there, is the worst part this trial has proven in my eyes.

But this is why I say we don't instantly "believe" all who come out. We should listen and take everyone very seriously though because, and despite all I proved and how easily I won, believe me to this day people still don't.

hobbers

You mean Depp acknowledging that they had a clash of heads is on audio. If they clashed heads because he was trying to stop her from wailing on him, which is obviously far more believable than her version, then it's a non-issue.

And Kate Moss is obviously a massive issue. Heard knowingly presented a false rumour as truth in her testimony, and of course she did it deliberately. And never expected Kate Moss to come on and completely shut it down. It's just another brick in the "Amber Heard is a serial liar" wall.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Alluding to that rumour in court and leaving it unaddressed would have caused speculation on Depps character.

:lol: Exactly.

How Shamans could say that it doesn't matter in straight face is beyond joke, when that's exactly what he has been using against Depp not long ago.

Anustart89

As does Heard.
Is he though? That's the crux of the matter. Does it make you an abuser if an obvious abuser, liar and perjurer says you are? I mean as far as proof goes there's very little irrefutable evidence that he actually did abuse her to the extent that she claims he has.

shamans

You mean Depp acknowledging that they had a clash of heads is on audio. If they clashed heads because he was trying to stop her from wailing on him, which is obviously far more believable than her version, then it's a non-issue.

And Kate Moss is obviously a massive issue. Heard knowingly presented a false rumour as truth in her testimony, and of course she did it deliberately. And never expected Kate Moss to come on and completely shut it down. It's just another brick in the "Amber Heard is a serial liar" wall.
They did not have a clash of heads, he literally admits to headbutting her.

hobbers

They did not have a clash of heads, he literally admits to headbutting her.
Eh, what? No. A clash of heads is a headbutt. They are synonymous. He used the words headbutt in the audio and contextualised it when he gave his testimony.

If it happened as he describes then it's not a violent action and is irrelevant and just an unfortunate choice of words on his part.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Eh, what? No. A clash of heads is a headbutt. They are synonymous. He used the words headbutt in the audio and contextualised it when he gave his testimony.

If it happened as he describes then it's not a violent action and is irrelevant and just an unfortunate choice of words on his part.
More synonymous than pledge and donate, at least.

shamans

1 - disproven
2 - if the sun is argument #2 on your list, you're struggling already :lol:
3 - the pictures also showed the make up kit she used to fake the bruises
4 - problems with addiction don't make you a violent person
5 - Heard had a psychologist say she had PTSD, Depp had a psychologist say she absolutely did not and Depp was the victim of abuse. Bit of a load of toss
6 - Apologies mean nothing
7 - See 6
8 - Heard is a sociopath who has clearly planned this for ages. This can be seen in the videos/recordings where she is trying to goad him into hitting her/trying to gather evidence.

I have only been half following this to be fair, but it seems like a slam dunk for the Depp side. Maybe they don't get the win in court ( I believe most experts were saying this would be impossible at the start of the case ) but he's certainly won the court of public opinion and Heard definitely seems like a massive cnut, much moreso than Johnny.

The sun is apparently corrupt. A quack psychologist is to be trusted (and not the certified psychologist who BTW was behind the trial of R Kelly as well so if you don't trust her, I guess R kelly got a mistrial as well?)

Apologies mean nothing :lol: So what was he apologizing about? You haven't seen any of the texts have you.

So she tried to plan this for a decade, got 11 people to testify about the violence. Make up artists to movie experts to mutual friends of her and Depps. Yes, very believable. Depp doesn't just have a problem with addiction his neurons are half fried at this point. The man can't remember texts he actually sent. His apology texts that you ignore is all about how he remembers nothing of the night ago.