Gaming Among Us (PC, Android, iOS) | Discord link in threadmarks

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone heard of this? Been out since 2018 but gaining some traction recently.

It's essentially Werewolf but on a spaceship and everyone has to do tasks on the ship but one of them is killing them off one by one and you have to vote off who you think the killer is. Seen loads of memes featuring this game recently so I'm downloading now. It's on Steam and also iOS/Android. They've announced a sequel too.

Some reddit comments about it:

Last edited:

b82REZ

I downloaded the android version this morning but I can't seem to connect to any servers. It looks really fun though.

Donut

I downloaded the android version this morning but I can't seem to connect to any servers. It looks really fun though.
Me neither. Maybe the servers are overrun with a spike of popularity or more likely its my shitty vacation internet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had the same issue, changed my region and now it seems to work.

The Firestarter

Seeing streamers play it it looks fantastic. But I don't want to play with random people . Let's create a caf discord group for this !

b82REZ

Had the same issue, changed my region and now it seems to work.
What region did you change to? I assume it's defaulted me to European server.

Edit: Changed region to NA and it gave me a list of lobbies so looks like it's working now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What region did you change to? I assume it's defaulted me to European server.
Defaulted me to Europe which is correct but I changed to North America and it worked.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Don't play on public servers. It's gonna kill the fun - trust me.
Innersloth (the developers) has official MM rooms on Discord. Playing through Discord increases the experience by miles

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Looks like fun, but surely one of those games you'd want to play this with mates (or at least not total random) and be able to speak to each other?

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
Looks like fun, but surely one of those games you'd want to play this with mates (or at least not total random) and be able to speak to each other?
It's 10/10 if u play it with mates. It's like 8,5/10 playing with english speaking randoms.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can do a private game if we got around 10 of us, even 7 or 8 and could populate the rest by making the server public.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Won my first game as an impostor and been a pretty good detective so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I saw someone get killed and reported it. I told everyone and we voted him out correctly.

Later in the game some guy is like "Yellow did go in on green pretty hard earlier, might be him". I replied "I literally saw him kill him, what else would you have me do? :lol:

Woodzy

Bought this on Steam tonight so will be up for getting involved in some games!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bought this on Steam tonight so will be up for getting involved in some games!
Same, only needs a few of us in a private game and can then make it public. Probably all need to switch to the same region though, mine is set to NA because it wouldn't work on Europe.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not tried it yet, but looked at a few videos, would be great for the Caf WW community atleast :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone up for some private games after United?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm very tempted, I've watched streams on it and my boys play it on mobile. I also don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate.

It just seems you really need a good group to make the time committed worth it.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'll look into this tonight.
Not actually played it. Have a rough idea how it works, but I'm game.

Can pc and tablet people play together?

b82REZ

I'm very tempted, I've watched streams on it and my boys play it on mobile. I also don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate.

It just seems you really need a good group to make the time committed worth it.
I've only played once and the game was super quick.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I play this with mates and mates of mates. Good fun, easy to jump in and jump out off and no real hassle to get a session going like some other games.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Getting the hang of it...talking instead of typing multiplies the fun factor. Preferably people you know you can talk shite to.

Hal9000

Getting the hang of it...talking instead of typing multiplies the fun factor. Preferably people you know you can talk shite to.

Up for playing this, with discord/voice chat when people are available. Managed to few games with friends over voice, far better than text chat and randoms.