An FA Cup final you remember and why?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
1994 FA Cup Final
Manchester United v Chelsea
It was my first 'real' time seeing United win the FA cup. I was a bit too young to remember the 1990 final properly. Remember Eric scoring 2 penalities and something like it being the first time a player scored 2 pens, in 90 mins, in the cup final. (or maybe first foreign player)

galwayfa

Apart from man utd ones, spurs V Coventry in 87, Keith houchan (sp) header to win it 3 2, there was one time everyone looked forward to the fa Cup, BBC starting coverage at 9am as teams boarded bus.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Liverpool 3-3 West Ham 2006. Best cup final ever. Had everything, drama from start to finish.

vivaronaldo

1990 for me...in Australia back then we would only get 1 live game a year and it was the fa cup final...as a 9yo it was the 1st one i could stay up for (midnight kick off here) and i watched a pulsating 3-3 draw

2 things happened that night ....i chose Man united to support and i watched a cracking game ( i still remember ian wright scaring me every time he touched the ball that day)

good news was the replay was also shown live thu morning ...god bless lee martin :)

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
1983 vs Brighton, including the easy replay. 1st game had everything. Can never forget Gary Bailey making that last gasp save to keep is in it!
This is it for me, but as a Brighton fan I don't think of Bailey's save, more Smith's miss - our fanzine is called "and Smith must score" but as much as I watch it, he never does! Also will never forget Jimmy Melia, a bit of a cnut, but Jimmy Melia's white dancing shoes have gone down in Brighton folklore and I'll always have a soft spot for him! 1st game was fantastic, the replay ... meh.

The other one I'm surprised no one has mentioned is 2013 Wigan 1 - City 0, just one of the funniest results ever

MikeeMike

1976 - Utd v Southampton (i was 10yrs old and just getting into UTD). Still watch and think the goal was offside, even though it wasn’t.

always_hoping

30 years ago today United won their first trophy under Ferguson. One final I'll always remember.

Tribec

So going away from the United ones, and whilst I can recall Ipswich and West Ham winning in the late 70's and start of the 80's the one that I always smile about is the 82 replay. I'd gone round to my friends house who family were blues, I was the red in the house and got thrown out after Villa's goal. I wasn't allowed back around till after the summer school holidays they were so peeved at me.