An open letter from Joel Glazer

GBBQ

I'm surprised we even got this much from him.

If they didn't understand it would be unpopular (or gauge just how badly it would be received) why didn't they notify staff, players or fan forums prior to the announcement. They knew what they were doing, they knew it was driven by greed and they thought it would just be lapped up.

Utterly pathetic.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Please enough with the anger.... things will work itself out. We don't need more toxicity at this time. I want our team to stay focused and try to win the last available trophy.
I see Ed's new role is a shill on Redcafe. GLAZERS out!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
finally. an explanation. all is forgiven and we can begin to move past this.
'the only way Red cafe will forgive him is if he goes out and spend money we probably shouldn't in these covid times. But if he's as tired as I am, he probably will say feck it and just get that bloody Sancho :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would have preferred if he didn't bother, because now he is simply trying to take us for mugs. We know you are not sorry so stick your apology where the sun doesn't shine

Sweet Square

Just read this on the app. Nicely done letter (don't know if it's from him or his PR is just good). It struck the right notes and glad it isn't grovelling, just straight to the point. However, I hope he means it when he says there needs to be better communication with the fans. It is long needed.

Just hope folks calm down and support the team. We will see what happens from the club hierarchy.

I don't understand why this wasn't discussed with the football people at the club before approaching the super league idea? Sir Alex would have surely told him?

Please note when he talks about finding a sustainable system or whatever - it's actually important in these covid times because things will probably remain unsettled for a while. However, Glazers need to be humble and speak to people who know more about the culture of football before going off with grand plans imho.
Please enough with the anger.... things will work itself out. We don't need more toxicity at this time. I want our team to stay focused and try to win the last available trophy.
Hi Joel.

Please log off and sell United.

Thanks.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can only assume some some people fall for the PR game or they wouldn't bother but a completely hollow statement with the authenticity of a WWE 'fight'.

Written by committee with dozens of people signing it off and iterations with Joel possibly never even seeing it. cnut.
You think wrestling is fake? Loser.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Just read this on the app. Nicely done letter (don't know if it's from him or his PR is just good). It struck the right notes and glad it isn't grovelling, just straight to the point. However, I hope he means it when he says there needs to be better communication with the fans. It is long needed.

Just hope folks calm down and support the team. We will see what happens from the club hierarchy.

I don't understand why this wasn't discussed with the football people at the club before approaching the super league idea? Sir Alex would have surely told him?

Please note when he talks about finding a sustainable system or whatever - it's actually important in these covid times because things will probably remain unsettled for a while. However, Glazers need to be humble and speak to people who know more about the culture of football before going off with grand plans imho.
Are you his PR guy? Oh, oops.

JJ12

Invest in our stadium, that would go a long way in keeping fans happy. Old Trafford is turning into a shit hole.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m so relieved now that they’ve apologised, phew, they didn’t mean to go behind everyones backs like snakes to earn more money and they love us fans really, want to stay with us and build relationships and trust, so sweet! how silly I was to think otherwise. Thanks Joel, I really needed such a sincere apology from you.

snake

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If you want to rebuild trust and convince us that you want the best for United, you only have to do 2 things:

1) Never take one pund more away from the club
2) Sell the club to an owner, who has the best interest for Manchester United.

This is the only way, trust can be rebuild. But I guess you do not want that.
Sigh.... who invests a lot of money and don't expect to get a return on it? Who is going to be so charitable? Let's be realistic. Any owner we get will want something out of their investment. That's just the way it is.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
What a complete D!ck!

Only reason he is apologising is because he got caught out trying to line his/their pockets further.

This should only increase our determination to rid these parasites from the club we love.

Wayne's World

Please don't believe anything this bastard says. DO NOT LET THIS UP!

Keep the protest going, we can get these out now!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great PR. Back it up with action. Invest in the stadium, invest in the squad, get the right people appointed for the roles required. It’s a nice letter, but I don’t believe a word of it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
To all Manchester United supporters,

Over the past few days, we have all witnessed the great passion which football generates, and the deep loyalty our fans have for this great club.

You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. We got it wrong, and we want to show that we can put things right.
Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal, I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.
This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.
It is important for us to put that right.

Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.
The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club.
In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to rebuild relationships with other stakeholders across the game, with a view to working together on solutions to the long-term challenges facing the football pyramid.

Right now, our priority is to continue to support all of our teams as they push for the strongest possible finish to the season.
In closing, I would like to recognise that it is your support which makes this club so great, and we thank you for that.

With best regards,
Joel Glazer

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021
Get fkd

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Blah blah blah yadda yadda please put down the torches and pitchforks blah blah I enjoy the use of my legs yadda yadda.

largelyworried

Got a letter from the Glazers, the other day. I opened and read it, it said they were suckers.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Take it no plans to sell then you absolute leach! I don't believe a word written, he is only tail between the legs sorry cause of the world reaction. He wouldn't give a shit about United fans if everyone was behind it, bar us United fans. feck off dick head.

Drawfull

Not sure what people expected him to say really. It's most likely platitudes, of course, but if it's not, we're all (for the most part) going to assume it is.

Similar to the tweet, it also leaves a massive door open for a slightly less shit League of Some Description in the coming months to be mooted. Which if it's not as bad as the ESL, may be accepted more readily.

van Nistelrooy

Shut up, Joel!

Get out of our football club now!

Cultured left ankle

Actions always always always speak louder than words. We've all seen what these leeches have done and the only thing they do to repair the damage they've done to the club's reputation is to get out. They clearly don't give a toss about what we think and see us as customers; there to be fleeced and dismissed. It's too late for this 'oh now we recognise fans are the heart of the club'.

This letter is a dishonest piece of propagandist claptrap. I hope this letter has been written because they are scared; they have seen the unity of fans across rivalries and are now we all focussed on getting the cancer out of our game. This applies to fans of Liverpool and Arsenal as well.

We didn't like you before, but many, at the most, tolerated you because maybe there's a case of the devil you know. I can't wait for the re-opening of stadiums because we will not forget this, and we will tell you over and over what you can do with your so-called apology. We're all mad as hell and we aren't going to take it any more.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
When a criminal do something wrong, he is held accountable. A letter of apology does nothing for me. There should be more repercussions of this action. He needs to step down.
edit: or maybe he just got bad advice from Woodward. Then I shouldn’t put much blame on them

JJ12

In other words our stock price has plummeted and we are fecked unless we get you the fans to repair our mess.

Bald cnut.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.
There was never any trust and he isn’t listening to the message being delivered.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Disgusting he has the nerve to speak to us as if he's part of the club.

Snake, get out

hungrywing

One of the best things the fanbase can do right now with this is to make a point out of not reading it.

EDIT: AKA spread the word not to read it, make it known you're not going to read it.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Now prove it by packing your bags. You’re not welcome here, get the damn message already.

The Purley King

Open letter from me to Joel Glazer:

Dear Joel,

Do you really think we are that stupid? Go feck yourself.

Sincerely,
The Purley King