Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He was superb in the first half. Dropped away in the second, but that was largely down to Arsenal having more of the ball. Nevertheless I thought he was impressive with his defensive contributions too. There was a great slide tackle in the first half as he chased an Arsenal player down.

m1y2

So he's going to play in new Twin Peaks right? Agent Herrera.

Bwuk

Absolutely love Ander Herrera. Wouldn't swap him for any other midfielder in the league.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Not as good, but Ramsey got him back.:D Didn't break Herrera's ankles though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The thing I like about him is that even when the rest of the team is playing like ass, he still tends to play well. Has a pretty high bottom level, or at least this season. The only performance where he was genuinely bad was the West Brom game in November, when he played with a broken rib so it was understandable. The rest were decent at worst.

Raw

Only one of the few that was actually trying something. Some of his final passes were a bit poor though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Along with Januzaj he looked the most interested in actually trying to win the game today instead of treating it as an afternoon stroll.
The thing I like about him is that even when the rest of the team is playing like ass, he still tends to play well. Has a pretty high bottom level, or at least this season. The only performance where he was genuinely bad was the West Brom game in November, when he played with a broken rib so it was understandable. The rest were decent at worst.
At least he knows that if you have a shot at goal, you might score. Where the hell were Rooney and Mata?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hit and miss today, but he's been the highlight of the season for me.
At least he was a bit hit. Some played like they would rather stayed in bed. The lad has given us something to look forward to, as I think he will only get better with the right players round him.

OneUnited24

8 goals and 5 assists is a good return given how little he played at the start of the season.

Overall i, like most, have been very impressed with what he offers us. I cant remember the last time we had a central midfielder who can get us goals!

m1y2

would be easily outfield player of the season if he played more, well I guess he anyway is

DevilRed

I know hindsight is 20/20 but how the feck did LVG hold him out of the squad for half the season?

It really makes you question whether he is the right man to take us forward. I suppose LVG has one more season to get it right. This season was an absolute nightmare especially considering how most of the wounds were self inflicted, starting with not playing Herrera until the last few months of the season.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Our best and most entertaining performances came when he's been in the team. Scored some crucial goals.

6/10

Fully Fledged

I've given him a respectable 6.7 over the season. He like most of our players is more effective when the opposition come out to play. When the team sits in deep he can resort to one to many side wards passes to Mata and Tony.

Ekeke

I know hindsight is 20/20 but how the feck did LVG hold him out of the squad for half the season?

It really makes you question whether he is the right man to take us forward. I suppose LVG has one more season to get it right. This season was an absolute nightmare especially considering how most of the wounds were self inflicted, starting with not playing Herrera until the last few months of the season.
He's a stubborn man who will always have some players he wont pick based on his "philosophy" excuse. Whether or not he's successful at the club, theres always likely to be a player or two that seems like he should be playing and isn't.

But that might be true at times about Sir Alex too. For example playing Valencia on the right wing when he'd gone bad, or Young after his first season when he clearly didnt deserve to play.

With Sir Alex he had some other areas where he was incredible, that led to us being more successful with him than if we had a different manager. Will LVG make up for it? We'll wait and see but he hasnt done anything particularly well to make up for his strange preferences leaving the likes of Ander and Smalling out early in the season

Lentwood

I think he'll get even better when we have a few more quality players around him. Sometimes looks like he thinks a couple of seconds quicker than the likes of Young, Fellaini, Valencia etc....would also help him to have a striker who makes forward runs as opposed to always coming short

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Season compilation.

What a player we have :drool:
Very nice. :)

Something that even first time watchers can instantly notice with Ander - is that he has very neat defending technique. Not a lot of players have developed the knack for predicting the trajectory of the ball, or the movement of the ball carrier - and adjusting the tackle accordingly. A lot of his tackles are quite clean as a consequence, he seems to make a deliberate effort in terms of gaining possession of the ball, rather than just randomly clattering into players and disrupting the rhythm of the game.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'd say he was our best outfield player yesterday. He's had a good first season at the club. It's important he pushes on next season and doesn't stagnate like some foreign imports do.

Wishe

This guy can do it all, excellent box to box midfielder. With a world class CDM behind him our midfield will be in good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.