5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He wasn't last man and it was high up the pitch. His first foul also.

Actually attempting to tackle the player and brining him down is better than such blatant feckery.
It was four vs three and there was about two minutes left on the clock. Barkley was well inside our half and is more than capable of ending the match there and then.

Embarrassing to think that some of our own supporters are displeased at the foul. There are no prizes for morality.

RedStarUnited

It was four vs three and there was about two minutes left on the clock. Barkley was well inside our half and is more than capable of ending the match there and then.

Embarrassing to think that some of our own supporters are displeased at the foul. There are no prizes for morality.
That foul got as a loud a cheer as Fellainis goal from the fans in the stadium. We were all screaming for him to take him down.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Squad player at best. Not sure why some are having a wank over his foul on Barkley. Nothing brilliant about it, common sense that's all it was.

Dobbs

Not about morality for me but we were wondering why he didn't just chase back and put in a normal tackle. He hadn't been on the pitch long, should have plenty more energy than Barkley. Just seemed a bit lazy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Squad player at best. Not sure why some are having a wank over his foul on Barkley. Nothing brilliant about it, common sense that's all it was.
It's something we rarely do, I made a thread about it a while ago. Our players seem usually too clean and would rather let them run away and score. Thank god he did it or it could have been 2-1 to them.

ants7

Not getting the fuss about the foul. At the time it happened I remember thinking "that's well done to break the counter attack".
And then falling over and still managing to give an assist to the winning goal. what's the problem?

Kag

Not about morality for me but we were wondering why he didn't just chase back and put in a normal tackle. He hadn't been on the pitch long, should have plenty more energy than Barkley. Just seemed a bit lazy.
Does it matter? Barkley was ahead of him, is quicker than him and could have released the ball at any moment. It was a good foul in a good area of the pitch, there's nothing more to it than that.

izec

Some weird discussion on here. Our fans seem to overanalyse every action in recent times to the point of being absolutely senseless. He made a tactical foul, nobody cares if he pulls the shirt or tackles him. Don know why some are offended that he did the former though.

Kag

Some weird discussion on here. Our fans seem to overanalyse every action in recent times to the point of being absolutely senseless. He made a tactical foul, nobody cares if he pulls the shirt or tackles him. Don know why some are offended that he did the former though.
It's fecking madness, to be frank.

AR87

Spot on. Who gives a feck how he committed the foul? The intention and purpose behind it remain the same and it was a smart play that had the desired effect. No issue for me.

Dobbs

Does it matter? Barkley was ahead of him, is quicker than him and could have released the ball at any moment. It was a good foul in a good area of the pitch, there's nothing more to it than that.
I suppose it doesn't matter. It just seemed odd to us at the time as we all thought he could have easily made a regular tackle.

beergod

He will be the player Mourinho dreamed Oscar to be.
Agreed, he is the type of player that Mourinho and Simeone seem to love. His failings aren't due to a lack of application and fight, only in technique.

Anyone moaning about that foul has an agenda or is stupid. It was a proper tactical foul that anyone who understands the game will applaud, because it was the perfect move for that moment and broke up the play with no risk of missing a tackle and letting Barkley continue his run.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It was a certain two v one on Dave of he didn't do that. IMO only a coward would have done anything different.

Djemba-Djemba

I remember Rooney in a similar situation last year against West ham tried to trip Downing up when they were about to counter attack but he misjudged it and ended up just kicking him and getting sent off.

By just pulling Barkleys shirt it meant he'd definitely stop the counter attack, and he made sure the ref couldn't send him off. It was a perfect act of cynical opportunism. I loved it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
HERRERA: DAVE STAYS

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera believes David de Gea’s performances prove he is happy at the club.

The Spaniard produced an assured goalkeeping display as United reached their first FA Cup final since 2007 with a 2-1 victory over Everton on Saturday, with De Gea thwarting Romelu Lukaku from the penalty spot at Wembley.

And Herrera believes bringing trophies to Old Trafford will only strengthen their claim to keeping De Gea out of the clutches of long-term suitors Real Madrid.

“I think he is very happy in Manchester United. You can see that,” Herrera said. “If you are not happy in one place you cannot play like that, so it’s easy to say that.

“We can be calm and optimistic, first because he is in a fantastic club and if we start winning trophies, it’s easier to keep world class players.”
Herrera talking about DDG, not sure if it's been posted anywhere.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I wonder if Ander gets this flak because he's clearly a fan favourite, the Stretford End sings his name every time they see him warming up. I think some fans dislike that Ander is adored for what they feel is no reason, and so they have a go at him if they have even half a chance.

I remember Rooney in a similar situation last year against West ham tried to trip Downing up when they were about to counter attack but he misjudged it and ended up just kicking him and getting sent off.

By just pulling Barkleys shirt it meant he'd definitely stop the counter attack, and he made sure the ref couldn't send him off. It was a perfect act of cynical opportunism. I loved it.
Exactly. I'm glad he did it too. Manchester United used to put winning first not being liked by everyone. Under Sir Alex we used cynical tactics when it was necessary. Why are people pretending like this wasn't the case? If anything the current United team has become too nice, too quick to roll over and have its tummy tickled. The other day I saw Keano saying second place was the same as last, nowadays we have people talking about 'getting fourth' as if there's a trophy for it.

I think a lot of fans like Herrera because he reminds us of the way things used to be, and let's not forget he was the one who played Martial in for the winner too!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
For his sake, he should leave. 30 million pound midfielder can't start ahead of a Carrick, Fellaini and Rooney - 2 of whom aren't midfielders and one shouldn't be playing football, any more.

izec

He either plays from the beginning and let him get confidence or dont play him at all. Just sell him otherwise. Useless

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
My favourite player in the current squad, but really bad in this game, and in poor form in general right now.

dichinero

Some crazy comments here. Quick to forget that he was doing well enough before getting hacked out of the team. What do people expect from a player that needs a run of games yet gets a few minutes here and there under a stifling manager. Guys c'mon!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is quite annoying when coming on as a sub. I think he is a player that needs to play consistently to erase those sloppy passes from his game.
We saw it last season in our good run of form.

Sylar

Some sloppy passes but he tried a few things and he brings pace which was lacking at the time. I do think we went more on the front foot with his introduction.

Ideally he should have come on about 15 minutes earlier than he did.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I would have brought him on for Jesse like last week. I think they will all benefit with LvG going to be honest. Fellaini was not that bad, so would have left him on and either brought Morgan on for Carrick or the undroppable Rooney. Mata and Herrera as someone said are not impact subs, they either need to start or at least get half a game, not minutes here and there. Herrera is playing now and again, same with Morgan, how are you supposed to build your form up like that? Fellaini might get his end of season rest like next season, so one place is up for grabs.

dichinero

He is quite annoying when coming on as a sub. I think he is a player that needs to play consistently to erase those sloppy passes from his game.
We saw it last season in our good run of form.
From his time at Bibao, he has always the type of midfielder to lift the tempo with quick and instinctive passes which means that there would be a higher percentage of sloppy passes than a slow possession game. When you bring him on as a sub in the second half when the whole team has gone from slow to ultra slow, what do you expect to happen? Before he settles down into the team's rhythm the game is over. When he starts a run of games, he tends to do well but he is a scapegoat for LvG. Very unfair criticism from our fans.

DomesticTadpole

fecked up every attack when he came on.
The people who cannot take freekicks or corners do a good job of that as well. Oh, captains who insist on trying to lob the goalie don't help either. It was the usual good start to a game, but no planning made if that doesn't work.

DomesticTadpole

From his time at Bibao, he has always the type of midfielder to lift the tempo with quick and instinctive passes which means that there would be a higher percentage of sloppy passes than a slow possession game. When you bring him on as a sub in the second half when the whole team has gone from slow to ultra slow, what do you expect to happen? Before he settles down into the team's rhythm the game is over. When he starts a run of games, he tends to do well but he is a scapegoat for LvG. Very unfair criticism from our fans.
You would think LvG with his so vast knowledge would know that, but he is all hot air and actually knows nothing of his players style of play. Bet Jose would know how to use an Ander Herrera. As someone said, if we weren't in the cup final LvG would be gone and good riddance.

Boycott

Some crazy comments here. Quick to forget that he was doing well enough before getting hacked out of the team. What do people expect from a player that needs a run of games yet gets a few minutes here and there under a stifling manager. Guys c'mon!
He's not as good as people make him out to be. Him getting a run of games isn't going to ease him to perform at a significant level better. He's above average for this squad but average compared to the rest of the midfielders in Europe.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm not sure it's unfair criticism.

Him not being able to settle into the tempo of the game as a sub isn't exactly a plus for him as a player.

I agree with everything else though.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm trying to think, has he ever had a good performance coming off the bench? I think he's better when he starts and he can grow into the game.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm trying to think, has he ever had a good performance coming off the bench? I think he's better when he starts and he can grow into the game.
He did make the assist for the winning goal against Everton last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.