Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gopher Brown

If you're in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b078xzgv/the-fa-cup-201516-everton-v-manchester-united

2:09 onwards. It started off with a poor/underhit through ball from Rooney (as always, remember that Swansea game earlier in the season?), Carrick diving into no man's land and then Herrera seeing the danger (from the edge of Everton's penalty box no less), chasing back and bringing him down very cleanly.

Barkley was in full stride and was 5-10 yards away from being able to isolate Blind and/or give a through ball to Lukaku. If you want to analyse the situation further, Herrera had a couple of choices 1) he maybe could have made a tackle as Barkley first came across him but he probably would have had to go in with his weaker foot first (left leg) and thus would have less leverage as it's more unnatural meaning he would have probably injured Barkley or 'worst', not connect with the ball and let Barkley advance forward. 2) He could have chased Barkley further until he gets leverage to make a tackle, in which case a) that's assuming he can catch up to a fully in stride Barkley and b) by that time the foul would be nearer to the penalty box.

You're absolutely fecking mad to criticise Herrera in this situation.

It's mind boggling how people watch/view football here.
Get over it.

the hea

He's been one of the worst players on the pitch today, to bad Fellaini is suspended because he would be a huge improvement over this.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He needs the team set up in a certain way for him to be at his best. And tbh his best isn't really good enough to warrant that happening.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
His final third passing is abysmal.

There's a good reason he isn't the automatic starter everyone thinks he should be.

Hopefully a new manager and system can help him out. He's not helped by poor movement and running ahead of him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure what is wrong with him. He'll pull of a really nice bit of skill and then whack a pass to nobody in particular.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I actually think he'd do well in a Lampard role if Mourinho was to come in and use the formation he used during his first stint at Chelsea. Maybe with Schneiderlin in the Makelele role and Renato Sanches in an Essien role. But he's not suited to a 4-2-3-1.

KjaAnd

One of the best players on the pitch today. That's not saying much. But he actually drives the ball forward and can do quick passing.

Keenst

His performances often get sugarcoated. Very poor, again, today. Likable player, but he's really not that good.

blitz133w

He blows hot and cold. Couple of brain farts, couple of good moments. He does bring energy in the midfield and is always works hard. Has a decent tackle as well. But yeah, I was a big Herrera fan but don't think he's as good as I thought he would be

Godfather

So many poor passes. Disspointed with him. His decision making also let him down. Some good touches though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
In that case none of your current players are good enough for your club.
How's that? When you bought Ander you were a much better team than we were with bigger ambitions. We're a lot closer now but if you want to get back to being a title challenging team Ander Herrera has no place as a starting player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How's that? When you bought Ander you were a much better team than we were with bigger ambitions. We're a lot closer now but if you want to get back to being a title challenging team Ander Herrera has no place as a starting player.
Yeah but.. David Moyes.

The point is that barring Smalling, Dea Gea and Martial, none of our players look good enough for a title challenging team let alone a title winning one. I'm pretty sure, as is the case when a team is being managed poorly, a lot of our players will look better next season. Whether that makes Herrera good enough for a starter, we'll see. But it's hard to judge all of these players when we're a complete mess. Besides, if he proves good enough for a rotational player in a title challenging team then I'll be happy.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I think it's his final ball. Does so much so well but often screws up the last part.

PepsiCola

I thought he was one of our better players today, alongside Valencia and Mata.

Picked up the ball in midfield and was able to carry it forward, tracked back well and nice link up with Mata. His final final passing was missing and he was sloppy at times but he had a static Rooney, quiet Lingaard and diabolical Memphis ahead of him.

Under a better manager, in a better system he will shine. Personally feel Herrera and Mata are the two players most hurt by the set up under LvG.

The United

I thought he was one of our better players today, alongside Valencia and Mata.

Picked up the ball in midfield and was able to carry it forward, tracked back well and nice link up with Mata. His final final passing was missing and he was sloppy at times but he had a static Rooney, quiet Lingaard and diabolical Memphis ahead of him.

Under a better manager, in a better system he will shine. Personally feel Herrera and Mata are the two players most hurt by the set up under LvG.
Actually, it is why he hasn't played much under LVG. He is not disciplined enough to play in deeper positions or have a good passing accuracy/consistence to play in advanced roles often.

No amount of changing managers will sort it. He has to sort himself out if he wants to play more for United. Simple as that.

AR87

My guess is he'd probably do a lot better in a team that played on the counter more often with a more pacey attacking 3.
It would be nice to see him play as the most advanced midfielder behind Martial, Rashford and non-existent high quality RW.

The United

My guess is he'd probably do a lot better in a team that played on the counter more often with a more pacey attacking 3.
It would be nice to see him play as the most advanced midfielder behind Martial, Rashford and non-existent high quality RW.
Except that he usually fecked some of our good counter attacks by messing all the passes around in last few games he played if you watched and remembered those.

Like I said, he needs to be able to pass better often to play anywhere in the midfield.

3KDré

What on earth happened to him, for God's sake LVG has ruined so many players.

AR87

Except that he usually fecked some of our good counter attacks by messing all the passes around in last few games he played if you watched and remembered those.

Like I said, he needs to be able to pass better often to play anywhere in the midfield.
He needs to get a consistent run of games. When he did last year we played our best attacking football we ever have under LVG.

Maybe that was an aberration, but I'd really like to find out. This is a guy who thrived playing for Bielsa at Bilbao in a high pressing, more direct system. We simply haven't played like that at all unless undermanned since LVG took over, which funny enough have usually been our more enjoyable attacking games.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Is Herrera missing for anyone else in the man of the match vote and match ratings? No sign of him on mine.

Raw

Is Herrera missing for anyone else in the man of the match vote and match ratings? No sign of him on mine.
It's because of Martial's injury in the warm up. You can see he's on the list despite not playing. The whole thing is automatic so I guess it needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.