Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Changed

weso26
He'd possibly do better with a 'different' manager, but he probably wouldn't even get into a 'top' manager's side.
He's a squad player for a top team with their sh!t together.
If he was a squad player for us as a top team then I'd be delighted. First of all, it would mean that we were a top team. Secondly, it would mean that we had some decent alternatives.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh hard to argue against anyone saying he's been poor and I'm sure he will know that. Too soon to write him off tho as he was top class on his first season and still shows glimpses of a gem within. Let's get Mounrinho in, play some quicker football and this lad will truly thrive.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Yeh hard to argue against anyone saying he's been poor and I'm sure he will know that. Too soon to write him off tho as he was top class on his first season and still shows glimpses of a gem within. Let's get Mounrinho in, play some quicker football and this lad will truly thrive.
He wasn't top class in his first season, not even close. He wasn't even first choice for a lot of it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Still think hes a very talented player who will come good under better management. He's one of the many who have underachieved this season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still think hes a very talented player who will come good under better management. He's one of the many who have underachieved this season.
True, hard to look pas LVG when so many of our players have underperformed.

Few have underperformed as much as Herrera though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Needs to learn about the "play to the whistle" thing you learn about when you're a kid. Far too often he goes to ground or just stops and expects a foul to be called, even if he can keep going with the ball to create something or things like today when the opposing player is in the box to make a chance.

Dobbs

Talks the talk but on the pitch the guy needs an overhaul. Getting carried off by Noble, the play acting, whatever that was for the Bournemouth goal. We talk about Depay needing to change his attitude but in a different way so does Herrera.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
True, hard to look pas LVG when so many of our players have underperformed.

Few have underperformed as much as Herrera though.
Hard to disagree, especially given the expectation and talent.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He wasn't top class in his first season, not even close. He wasn't even first choice for a lot of it.
Ok perhaps not top class but he had more than enough top class performances and momenta to suggest that he's got a level more than he's ever shown at Utd. A good attacking manger should be able to reignite the best in him and more I think.

Shark

@NotShark
He's been such a disappointment. If Mourinho comes in, is he safe this summer? I'd question it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's not brilliant at anything and is not strong or fast. A good player, at times very good. Should be a squad player in an ideal world. Or maybe he will thrive under a new manager. I hope.

MDFC Manager

The season has been a complete and utter write off for him.

He needs to pick it up, and soon. He's not particularly young

ZDwyr

With Fellaini's suspension he really had a chance to force himself into the F.A Cup starting XI. His performances have been poor though and I can't see it happening. Although who knows with LvG.

Golden Nugget

I thought he was one of our best players last season - wouldn't say he was one of the worse this season, but one of the most disappointing. If LVG stays he should go - otherwise I'd like to see what another manager does with him.

kr0nix

Still think he's talented enough to claim a spot in this team. Mourinho would love him, I think.

Ban

He didn't play in the final but it was great to see how happy he was about us winning the Cup. He was like a fan. :)

criticalanalysis

I said a page or two back that he would be putting in world class/very good performances under Mourinho and I'm gonna stand by that decision.

Mourinho is actually kind of lucky to have a VERY strong backbone of technically proficient and consummate professionals to work with this summer...that are NOT going to the Euros, so they are going to be fit, fresh and roaring to go in August.

Valencia, Blind, Herrera, Mata, Depay, Lingard, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Young (ugh shudders) along with having the opportunity to see first hand Januzaj, Perreira, TFM, Wilson etc etc.

If they get the chance, which I think they will (because I doubt Mourinho is going to come in and rip apart the team), everyone there will have a point to prove.

It's kinda like LVG's first pre season but unlike LVG, Mourinho will know how to man manage and get the best out of his team already without needing to drop and change every game.

Geordopolous

Had a bad season no doubt, cant deny it but I genuinely think he is a really good player and would excel under Mourinho IF he plays a 4-3-3 which suits our set of players anyway. LVG's style was way too slow and meticulous for Herrera who bases his game on dynamism, quick play and instincts. Hes very clever on the ball, can score goals and will run all day and help out defensively. Mourinho would love him imo if he plays him in a 4-3-3. If we play a 4-2-3-1 then you may aswell sell but him pogba and schneiderlin in a midfield could be something else, especially with our current forward line

drmuji

Had a bad season no doubt, cant deny it but I genuinely think he is a really good player and would excel under Mourinho IF he plays a 4-3-3 which suits our set of players anyway. LVG's style was way too slow and meticulous for Herrera who bases his game on dynamism, quick play and instincts. Hes very clever on the ball, can score goals and will run all day and help out defensively. Mourinho would love him imo if he plays him in a 4-3-3. If we play a 4-2-3-1 then you may aswell sell but him pogba and schneiderlin in a midfield could be something else, especially with our current forward line
------------- Schneiderlin-------------
-----Herrera------------Pogba-------
Mkhitaryan------------------Martial
-------------------Zlatan----------------

This is how we should line up. Keep saying that.
Damn! I am getting too stuck in to the Pogba thingy

Geordopolous

Spot on exactly how I would line up. Good lad

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think Jose will invest in our midfield, so he will face even more competition. He needs to show us his very best form and improve, otherwise I believe it will be his last season

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Whenever Herrera's been at his best, it was usually when he was playing fast paced, high octane football under Bielsa and thereafter Valverde. (I didn't watch him as often under Valverde tbf). There was a lot of movement, pressing and directness.

So it's been very little surprise that he's struggled under LvG's football, which is almost the polar opposite. A slow possession based system which was very rigid/disciplined in it's execution. I think Herrera, in his first season, mentioned as much - about the differences between Bielsa and LvG and how he's needed to adjust.

I'm not absolving him from blame, or saying it was LvG's fault because sometimes, these things just don't work out and someone like Herrera isn't really good enough to tailor an entire system around getting his best qualities out.

I'm hoping he gets another shot, in a coherent/fluid United team. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold either. And I'm a big fan of Herrera.

dichinero

:drool:

Geordopolous

Rooney at right back then i presume? Risky but it could work ;)
Haha yes perhaps I'm being optimistic with pogba. But Rooney and Herrera can rotate games if pogba comes. Otherwise Rooney schneiderlin Herrera isn't so bad

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Fluid, quick, technically strong and working hard. Would be a lovely line up

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's a lot of faith in the idea that Schneiderlin won't be absolutely feckin' crap again this year...

I mean, I don't think he could be worse then last year, but still unconvinced he has what it takes to be a starter for us/

Petr1

Haha yes perhaps I'm being optimistic with pogba. But Rooney and Herrera can rotate games if pogba comes. Otherwise Rooney schneiderlin Herrera isn't so bad
I would love to see that midfield next season but we all know that Rooney will be there one way or another.

van Persie

Could Herrera be the Willian or Oscar type Mourinho usually likes to use for the central attacking midfielder spot? He certainly got the work rate for it. Mkhitaryan do as well. Could play Rashford out right.

Status
Not open for further replies.