Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

He hasn't made many mistakes this season and has won us many points, so I will excuse him.

El Zoido

Not at all his fault, the ball could have deflected in off him no matter which way he's facing. Neville is just talking out his arse again, can't wait to blame Utd players as soon as something goes wrong.

Stringer

Cue massive overreactions over a minor mistake. Freak goal, nothing more.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Some of you are an embarrassment. You need to get yourselves checked. A complete fluke of a goal.
Yes it is. But it was the result of him turning his back on a shot. He is not entirely faultless here.

Philadelphian

Think he was still shaking off a tough tackle and was just slow to react. He gets a pass considering his consistent work rate.

What I notice is that he looks much much more average without Pogba on the field. That's not the mark of a captain. I like him but he needs legitimate competition for his position.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Think he was still shaking off a tough tackle and was just slow to react. He gets a pass considering his consistent work rate.

What I notice is that he looks much much more average without Pogba on the field. That's not the mark of a captain. I like him but he needs legitimate competition for his position.
Incredible that considering his midfield partner is Rooney. Ridiculous statement.

Skills

Snitch
Another one, for the not a warrior list. We're running low at the moment, Fellaini's all that's left it seems.

JeffBoomTetris

Another one, for the not a warrior list. We're running low at the moment, Fellaini's all that's left it seems.
Ridiculous. So just because he blocked a shot albeit incompletely, he not a 'warrior' now? I'd hate to know what you lot would think of if he moved out of the way and de Gea caught the shot.

Philadelphian

Are you trying to suggest to me Fellaini is a massive upgrade?
No just that I'd expect the guy everyone is shouting to be the next captain would raise his game and be able to stand out when he happens to be without Pogba.

ivaldo

No just that I'd expect the guy everyone is shouting to be the next captain would raise his game and be able to stand out when he happens to be without Pogba.
He's on his own in midfield, it should come as no suprise that he's not going to play as well when that happens. The same as every other player in the world.

gajender

Granted it was a fluky goal but still its very poor from Herrera to be honest despite being aware that Xhaka can hit it from the distance he fails to close him down and then to make matter worse turns his back.

Philadelphian

He's on his own in midfield, it should come as no suprise that he's not going to play as well when that happens. The same as every other player in the world.
Man, I'm not denying his partners are lacking. But we've played a formation with an extra man in midfield and had no control of the game. Is it not okay to make that point and put some of the criticism on the best midfielder we've had on the pitch today?

ivaldo

Man, I'm not denying his partners are lacking. But we've played a formation with an extra man in midfield and had no control of the game. Is it not okay to make that point and put some of the criticism on the best midfielder we've had on the pitch today?
Carrick has played next to centreback and feck knows where Rooney is playing, we most definitely do not have an extra player in midfield.

The game isn't played on paper, you need to consider context. An inferior midfield partner will inevitably lead to a poorer performance.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Said it a million times not good enough. Decent player but we need better and goes missing when the chips are down.

Philadelphian

Carrick has played next to centreback and feck knows where Rooney is playing, we most definitely do not have an extra player in midfield.

The game isn't played on paper, you need to consider context. An inferior midfield partner will inevitably lead to a poorer performance.
Rooney played the Pogba role, quite obviously, albeit to a much lesser degree. Carrick was pushed back because our 3 couldn't get control over their 2. Was it a good enough performance from a future captain?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Said it a million times not good enough. Decent player but we need better and goes missing when the chips are down.
It was his first 'bad' game in possibly 4-5 months, and he wasn't that bad. The goal was pure luck. Can't be blamed for the result especially after the kind of running he has been doing the past few weeks

Classical Mechanic

I used to be on this page but I think he has been one of our best players this season. We miss Pogba big time when he doesn't play as there is no one in midfield that can consistently put players through. Ander's weaknesses stand out more in the absence of Pogba I think.

ivaldo

Rooney played the Pogba role, quite obviously, albeit to a much lesser degree. Carrick was pushed back because our 3 couldn't get control over their 2. Was it a good enough performance from a future captain?
Quite obviously :lol: Rooney played, as usual, wherever he damn well pleased.

Do you judge a future captain on a single performance, without context, in a game where we made 8 changes? He wasn't even that bad!

Your point is Herrera should play better with worse players around him. It doesnt make sense.

Zoo

He hurt himself moments before and was limping back. I wonder if that affected him there.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's not that minor a mistake is it? Being strong enough in situations like that is pretty fecking important at this level. Excusing it because the direction it goes in is luck is a cop out. Stand tall and it goes in the opposite direction to your own goal.

Not going to totally condemn Herrera but also not brushing it off as just another bit of bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.