Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

Anyone who thinks we need an upgrade on Herrera needs to get their heads checked. Captain come August for me, easily.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What big game does he not get the motm award in? Brilliant player. Yeah right needing to upgrade him :lol:

ovoxo

He's definitely the holding midfielder for me. I think we need box to box player who can occasionally fill in for Herrera this summer.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
POW! it's a mother fecking Ander Herrera winemixer press conference.

Inter Yer Nan

He's definitely the holding midfielder for me. I think we need box to box player who can occasionally fill in for Herrera this summer.
That works. He's clearly got this role down to a T. There's no rule that a side must have a designated holding midfielder who doesn't move. I'd prefer three midfielders that can pass, move, be tactically disciplined and chip in on attacks and when in defense.

Let's see what Jose has planned and one thing I'm fairly certain of is that Ander is one of the first names on his team sheet.

Acole9

Outstanding
I love the guy, he just gets what playing for United is all about just like Evra did.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Upgrade required?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Bang on to be the next captain after Rooney leaves.

Reckon he will be captain with Valencia as vice captain.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Front page of Catalan publication 'Sport' : New Barcelona manager Valverde wants Herrera.

FrantikChicken

Absolutely cracking player and I hope he continues to be with us for years to come. That said, if he played for anybody else I'd absolutely hate his guts. The diving and theatrics every game are so pathetic sometimes

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
was easily my Man of the Match. His reading of the game and timely tackles and passes...completely nullified their attack and midfield.
Sure Pogba and Fellani did their jobs. But at the key moment it was Herrera.

If I was aked to pick just one player from this squad, it would be Herrera.

We found gold with him.

Sylar

I would mostly likely hate him if he didnt play for us :lol:

Most of the big games, hes played really well for us and performed what we needed. He does the dirty stuff needed, but can also contribute when required going the other way.

Really hope hes given the captains armband next season.

el3mel

Getting more used to number 6 position isn't he ?

I'm starting to think we can be very fine for him as a number 6 next season as well. A dynamo and a hard worker. He's also not limited technically as some people claim, and can make great throughs from time to time.

He got what he deserves after being unjustifiably benched under LvG for 2 years.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He can play in front of the defence as he clearly proved. I still feel his best position is further up the field with Pogba.
Perhaps Tuanzebe can play in his role.
But it is very good to have a player who can play in midfield in a defensive or attacking role.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

Can't say I ever thought he'd be a holding midfielder when we got him, but he's done a cracking job in that role this season. I still think whatever midfielder (or two) we buy this season need to be good defensively, maybe even better than he is, but what a great season for him.

bucky

Getting more used to number 6 position isn't he ?

I'm starting to think we can be very fine for him as a number 6 next season as well. A dynamo and a hard worker. He's also not limited technically as some people claim, and can make great throughs from time to time.

He got what he deserves after being unjustifiably benched under LvG for 2 years.
He has played there for Athletic a few times and did well in that role against Mourinho's Chelsea during van Gaal's first season. The game we unfortunately lost. If we can't get Weigl or Fabinho, which seems likely at the moment, then I wouldn't have any problem with him in that role for the big games and buying another #8.

el3mel

He has played there for Athletic a few times and did well in that role against Mourinho's Chelsea during van Gaal's first season. The game we unfortunately lost. If we can't get Weigl or Fabinho, which seems likely at the moment, then I wouldn't have any problem with him in that role for the big games and buying another #8.
Yep that what I was thinking about. His discipline in this position looked great as the season goes on. It's now more like his natural position. That was my only issue about him in this place that he might not be very disciplined and move forward by nature but he's really great. His 11 assists this season in such a defensive position is also awesome. He can build the play from the defensive position very well.

Think we can save the money so we can get another CMF to partner Pogba with Herrera behind them if we can't bring a world class DMF. We'll be fine with him.

Him and Pogba are the most players I love at the team at the moment.

engulfing

7 interceptions and 4 tackles won in the final. Thats a monstrous performance worthy of comparison to past united legends like Roy Keane. If he puts in a few more of these in years to come, theres no reason why he wont be remember similarly. Hes worthy of the number 16 jersey when Carrick retires.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I fully believe that he's one of the best midfielders in the league when he's at his best, bet opponents fecking hate playing against him though, he and Pogba have a great understanding, put a good DM behind them and we've got a brilliant midfield.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I thought Fellaini was better tonight, but I find it hard to begrudge any praise or awards that come his way.

bucky

I thought Fellaini was better tonight, but I find it hard to begrudge any praise or awards that come his way.
I thought Herrera was MOTM, because he enabled Pogba and Fellaini to do their thing.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Hererra has become part of a 2-man midfield with Pogba in a 4-2-3-1. Ever since Carrick's form went to shite he has tried Pogba, Fellaini and Herrera as part of a 2-man midfield and settled with Herrera and Pogba with Fellaini as a no.10.

I'm expecting Mourinho to get a CM to rotate with Herrera and Pogba and a no.10 to replace Fellaini (probably Griezmann).

The best thing about Herrera is he does not strike you as a defensive minded central midfielder, but he is actually amazing at it because he is intelligent and is willing to apply himself.

He was excellent as usual. Everywhere on the pitch tidying things up and he can find his way out of just about any corner. He allowed Pogba the freedom to find space and Fellaini to pick which parts of the game he got involved in.

kr0nix

Hererra has become part of a 2-man midfield with Pogba in a 4-2-3-1. Ever since Carrick's form went to shite he has tried Pogba, Fellaini and Herrera as part of a 2-man midfield and settled with Herrera and Pogba with Fellaini as a no.10.

I'm expecting Mourinho to get a CM to rotate with Herrera and Pogba and a no.10 to replace Fellaini (probably Griezmann).

The best thing about Herrera is he does not strike you as a defensive minded central midfielder, but he is actually amazing at it because he is intelligent and is willing to apply himself.
He can make more interceptions and tackles when he presses higher up the pitch, which is what he does when Carrick plays DM. With Fellaini in the side he has to play CDM though, because the former doesn't have the qualities to play there and Pogba is unquestionably better higher up the pitch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not only did he do the dog work of breaking up play and whatnot in midfield, he was also very composed when pressed and shielded the ball very well to keep possession in tight areas. I can't seperate him, Fellaini and Pogba as they all played their part in dominating them. Anyone of them could've been given the MOTM award (along with Blind and Darmian) and I wouldn't argue.

dannofdawn

Valencia has been a great player for us, and he along with Herrera are the 2 players I would see as the most dependable. But Herrera inspires with effort and action on the pitch, and he communicates. He's what enables Pogba to do what he wish, and he protects our back 4 brilliantly, which is one of the big reason as to why our defense have been so good this season. Some might say Ander is a bit too aggressive at times, sometimes too cheeky, but to me that is part of his winning mentality. Not exactly ideal if he gets send off because of his actions, but the same could be said about Roy Keane, and that's one of our greatest captain we're talking about.

To put it simply, the man inspires others on pitch, has to be captain material surely.

Inter Yer Nan

Not sold that a designated "holding midfielder" is the way to go moving forward. Another pair of legs in midfield with tactical discipline, technical qualities and defensive ability would work best for us. Free Pogba up and we'd always have a man back and in attack always an extra threat to give a goal scoring pass or shot.

Ashley R1+O

Give him the arm band next season and put a proper number 6 behind Pogba/Herrera with Fellaini as the combination player. Love him to bits, so proud after his season.

RedCurry

Front page of Catalan publication 'Sport' : New Barcelona manager Valverde wants Herrera.
Why would he go from a team that's won trophies to a team that's won nothing?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Considering his style of play and the monumental amount of football he has played this season, its just mad how he can still deliver a performance like that. The engine on him is unreal.

Should be captain next season imo. Has a good head on his shoulders, loves the club, gives 100% and has shown time and time again he really understands the game

Status
Not open for further replies.