Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

I fully believe that he's one of the best midfielders in the league when he's at his best, bet opponents fecking hate playing against him though, he and Pogba have a great understanding, put a good DM behind them and we've got a brilliant midfield.
I think Mourinho clearly likes the 4-2-3-1 more which is why he is bringing in a 10 in Griezmann and seems decided to develop Tuanzebe as a DM so that in the big games Tuanzebe will come in and we will drop whoever is playing LW, move Griezmann there and push Pogba up. Meanwhile against the bottom 13 Herrera and Pogba are more than enough to give us control.
We look like we are bringing in both Griezmann and B.Silva so thats us down 140m-150m but still needing a CB and a fullback. Can't see us spending another tidy sum on the midfield after such outlays so I expect Pereira and Tuanzebe to move up into the first team as midfield depth.

led_scholes

I think he played under Valverde at Bilbao, so it makes sense that he wants him. I don't want him to leave but I think he will fit well at Barca too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
More chance of me turning up for Barcelona next season than Herrera. He absolutely loves the club and is already one of Mourinho's lieutenants.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We need to give him a new contract asap and preferably also the captains armband, no way in hell he leaves then.

Wallez

Can see Barcelona being interested in Herrera, as the midfield has been their main problem this season. Iniesta has his best days as a footballer behind him, and Rakitic is not good enough for them to compete against the likes of Real and Bayern. However, I don't see Mourinho letting go of one of the few players that have semented a place in the starting 11. It would be stupid to get rid of one of the few pilars in this team when we have obvious problems in other areas.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We need to give him a new contract asap and preferably also the captains armband, no way in hell he leaves then.
He's not going either way, he appears far too happy, far too settled here to consider going to Barca.

izec

Sport are not reliable anyway. It is easy to link Valverde with Herrera when there were rumours of Barca being interested earlier in the season. They obviously need to strengthen in midfield

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He's not going either way, he appears far too happy, far too settled here to consider going to Barca.
Yeah he does seem to love it here.

But being offered to be part of the midfield revamp at a club like Barca in his native spain, led by a previous coach of his, might be tempting.

Never understand why we let players contracts run so close.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Slightly concerned about the Barca rumours, even though its most likely just bullshit.

Don't want to be losing Ander.

Bestie07

First order of business for the summer should be to get him tied up on a longer term deal. We're two thirds of the way to a great midfield and can't risk going back to the situation of few seasons ago where we were frequently outclassed in midfield.

Wallez

Herrera has one year left of his contract, but has a one year extension clause. Sign him up for a longer deal, and Barcelona would have no chance of getting him. He has turned out to be a very important player for us, and someone has to massively overspend in order to get him. Can't see Barcelona paying 50 million pounds for him, they would probably turn to the likes of Thiago and Verratti instead.

Reactions: Akshay

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

But being offered to be part of the midfield revamp at a club like Barca in his native spain, led by a previous coach of his, might be tempting.

I think the issue with United players' contracts running down is a result of the recent managerial merry-go-round.

Under Fergie Herrera's contract would've been renewed ages ago, but we've had three managers in four years. Every time one has gone out it's been left to the new one to rule on players. Usually the new manager wants time to asses the squad and all the while players' contracts are running down.

If Mourinho stays for awhile we'll get some stability on decision making.

With Barcelona and Ander, the real question will be does Ander want to go. Even if we trigger the 12 month option, Ander will be in the last two years of his deal. Barcelona can just hover for 12 months.

We've seen it with De Gea and Madrid. If they want a player they'll keep coming back. If they can turn Ander's head, and he doesn't sign a new deal, United will be faced with selling now or risking a big loss on the fee.

It's not just up to him though. How much does his other half like Manchester? They have a kid, do they want their kid raised in England or Spain?

Catalonia is between the Basque Country and Aragon. The former is Ander's home, the latter where his beloved Zaragoza is. If he played for Barca his family would be close by. There's a lot of stuff Barca could use to sell a move to him.

I am worried.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's not just up to him though. How much does his other half like Manchester? They have a kid, do they want their kid raised in England or Spain?

Catalonia is between the Basque Country and Aragon. The former is Ander's home, the latter where his beloved Zaragoza is. If he played for Barca his family would be close by. There's a lot of stuff Barca could use to sell a move to him.

I am worried.
There's no indication his wife doesn't enjoy Manchester, and I imagine earning a substantially larger salary would keep her interest here too. There's zero indication he would want to leave, and everything we know sits in our favour.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He has one year left plus Club has option to extend for one more year. So he has 2 years left on the contract, ideal time to renegotiate.

wr8_utd

:'(
Can see Barcelona being interested in Herrera, as the midfield has been their main problem this season. Iniesta has his best days as a footballer behind him, and Rakitic is not good enough for them to compete against the likes of Real and Bayern. However, I don't see Mourinho letting go of one of the few players that have semented a place in the starting 11. It would be stupid to get rid of one of the few pilars in this team when we have obvious problems in other areas.
He was great against Real Madrid. The underating of Rakitic is bizarre.

Smores

I think id be more gutted to lose Herrera at this point than De Gea.

Irrational.

We're throwing new contracts around willy-nilly at players like Lingard, I'm surprised we've left it this long to tie Herrera down to be honest. Hope we manage to get him sign a new one soon.

AgentP

Not really worried as I think we'll give him a new contract soon. The guy loves United. He won't leave us just when he's starting to become a crucial part of the first team. If it was upto me, I'll make him club captain from next season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I still don't understand Woodward's stupidity of allowing contracts wind down to the last year when the player is interested in signing an extension.

Even if you don't want the player you are bound to get more money if he is on a longer contract.

POF

Thanks for posting. What a great interview.

He is a class act. I am a huge fan of him as a player but his abilty as a player pales in comparison to his character and class as a representative of the club.

After the tragic events of the last few days that was a very difficult interview and he absolutely nailed it. Manchester United is better for having characters like Ander Herrera at the club.

AgentP

I think the issue with United players' contracts running down is a result of the recent managerial merry-go-round.

Under Fergie Herrera's contract would've been renewed ages ago, but we've had three managers in four years. Every time one has gone out it's been left to the new one to rule on players. Usually the new manager wants time to asses the squad and all the while players' contracts are running down.

With Barcelona and Ander, the real question will be does Ander want to go. Even if we trigger the 12 month option, Ander will be in the last two years of his deal. Barcelona can just hover for 12 months.

We've seen it with De Gea and Madrid. If they want a player they'll keep coming back. If they can turn Ander's head, and he doesn't sign a new deal, United will be faced with selling now or risking a big loss on the fee.

I am worried.
I'm not even sure if Herrera is the sort of player that Barca need. Veratti is what they should be aiming for. They need someone to control the tempo of the game. Herrera seems to be well settled here and well loved by the fans. He himself has said many times even during LVG's period ,when he was not playing much, that he has signed a contract for five years and he will complete it. Now that he gets to play all games and is one of the first names on the teamsheet, why would he throw all that away and move to Barca. Even players like Fabregas and Sanchez couldn't succeed there so its a huge risk for him. There are too many things that point that he'll stay here for a long time.

LoveFootball

I still don't understand Woodward's stupidity of allowing contracts wind down to the last year when the player is interested in signing an extension.

Even if you don't want the player you are bound to get more money if he is on a longer contract.

AgentP

MooseTheMooche

Good God, I remember how i was fuming when Ander was benched under vangle. He is an indispensable member of the team, absolutely love the guy. I hope that he will stay with us for years to come, and Barca won't tempt him

Murray3007

Any one else sick of this guys antics on the park, every tackle on him hes down screaming like a little girl then up as soon as we have the free kick, constanting moaning at refs at every decision, getting involved with players then diving to the ground when the opposition players goes near him, all this talk of him being future captain is a bit embaressing, maybe some truth in a move to barca as he would fit in well with there antics

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Any one else sick of this guys antics on the park, every tackle on him hes down screaming like a little girl then up as soon as we have the free kick, constanting moaning at refs at every decision, getting involved with players then diving to the ground when the opposition players goes near him, all this talk of him being future captain is a bit embaressing, maybe some truth in a move to barca as he would fit in well with there antics
Nope, absolutely love him, find all that stuff hilarious. Our opponents hate him.

Hope he signs a contract extension soon, I'm a little worried about the lack of time left on his deal and Barca sniffing.

Murray3007

Nope, absolutely love him, find all that stuff hilarious. Our opponents hate him.

Hope he signs a contract extension soon, I'm a little worried about the lack of time left on his deal and Barca sniffing.
you find a player being a coward hilarious ?

Steven Seagull

No

Status
Not open for further replies.