Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah Jose is telling this guy at the business end of the season he can go and look for another club...
Is there any truth to these rumors? Dont know what to believe nowadays. The outlet just cant come out with such news at the time when he is having such an impact on the side.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Is there any truth to these rumors? Dont know what to believe nowadays. The outlet just cant come out with such news at the time when he is having such an impact on the side.
It's Marca they will just be stirring it if we are being awkward over DDG. Real are despicable and will sink to anything.

Cloud7

Shhhh, you are killing the vibe. I deliberately left Carrick out to suit my agenda. The hargreaves fiasco - After a full year of negotiations, partly due to his injury record, signs and plays one full season. gets injured a lot. moves to City. The Anderson Fiasco - he ate sweets and got fat, lost all his flair.
The Cleverley fiasco - Looked like Iniesta for a bit, got injured, came back as half the man he was before.

littleman

We did let his contract run. Now we gotta re-value him.

Herrera's had a great season, but I'm not sure if Mourinho has a clear idea about how he'd fit into a first XI.

If Herrera's being offered GBP 120k/week, I'm not sure if that's a nailed on starter salary. If Madrid and Barca are really in for him, I think his valuation will be a lot more accurate.

manutddjw

Bro, no offence but where you in the board room? How do you know this? I'm not denying it but we don't know anything.
Based on what we saw transpire on deadline day and Moyes comments when asked about it in the aftermath, I think the story that makes sense is that Moyes didn't value him at his release clause (his comment when asked about it was "I like to think of the clubs money as my own". Ed took a huge beating that summer which I thought was unfair because it's like "Do you want Herrera, David?" "Sure, but only for 25 million and not a penny more". I think we sent the lawyers to try to see if anything could've been done to bring down the valuation to the range Moyes deemed acceptable. The point is he could've had Herrera very easily.

As far as who raised the issue of signing Herrera in the first place. This one I have no idea. I'm thinking it was Sir Alex's staff and he was scouted as an alternative to Thiago.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Based on what we saw transpire on deadline day and Moyes comments when asked about it in the aftermath, I think the story that makes sense is that Moyes didn't value him at his release clause (his comment when asked about it was "I like to think of the clubs money as my own". Ed took a huge beating that summer which I thought was unfair because it's like "Do you want Herrera, David?" "Sure, but only for 25 million and not a penny more". I think we sent the lawyers to try to see if anything could've been done to bring down the valuation to the range Moyes deemed acceptable. The point is he could've had Herrera very easily.

As far as who raised the issue of signing Herrera in the first place. This one I have no idea. I'm thinking it was Sir Alex's staff and he was scouted as an alternative to Thiago.
Fair enough but I think this is all speculation. There were a ton of variables during that time period. Easy to just blame Moyes though I'm not saying it wasn't possible it was his fault

Devil may care

We are going to need another colossal big game performance tonight from Ander, with Pogba out he's got even more to do.

AndyJ1985

He's a one man midfield tonight. Fellaini is...Fellaini, and I'm sorry to say it but Carrick is past it.

Zoo

A bit rash in his play at times but plenty of energy though.

Loved him moaning at Aguero at the end of the game, proper leader he is.

Devil may care

Feisty and energetic and actually had our best chance as well as putting our only decent cross in of the night, rushed it too often on the ball though I felt.

Jaxa

The heart of the team, he will never give you anything but his 100%, Captain material

Also did anyone else see him having a go at Aguero at the end of the match for his play acting :devil: top man, love him

Inter Yer Nan

Deserves the skippers armband and prominent role in Spain's set-up for the next World Cup. He will have earned it.

You always get 100% out of him. Thought he was solid today, his usual feisty self and was everywhere.

NoPace

Deserves the skippers armband and prominent role in Spain's set-up for the next World Cup. He will have earned it.

You always get 100% out of him. Thought he was solid today, his usual feisty self and was everywhere.
I love Herrera but Busquets, Koke and Thiago are better footballers and have as much (or more) big game experience and Saul is as tough and skilled as Herrera.

Spain are now lacking top quality on the wing/AM positions, though Asensio looks a player. I could see Mata starting, though, as he and Pedro are the only real goal threats who aren't straight up 9s for Spain right now.

Sylar

Such a shame he couldnt get that header on target. Obviously not his strongest point. But absolutely love Herrera for us.

izzydiggler

There are better players in terms of goals, creativity etc but he optimises the "fan favourite" - tenacious, hard working and he seems to love being here.

Seems the obvious choice for the captaincy.

drmuji

For me he was man of the match. The way we were set up meant that Herrera had to break everything up and he did. Reminded me about Keane at times
Shame about the header. Otherwise 10/10 performance

Robertd0803

Another top performance. If that header went in (still trying to figure out how he missed) it would have been another near legendary performance.

El Zoido

Another top performance. If that header went in (still trying to figure out how he missed) it would have been another near legendary performance.
Looks like he misjudged where the goalposts were. It's easy done to be fair, good strikers will tell you it's like a 6th sense. But he definitely should have hit the target.

Philadelphian

I thought it was a bit obvious last night that he can't be our next best midfielder after Pogba. I think there still needs to be someone else closer to Pogba's creative ability in the midfield. City were missing Silva, and you could say Gundogan also, and still just dominated our midfield. That said, he is the closest thing we've got to a proper captain.

Robertd0803

Looks like he misjudged where the goalposts were. It's easy done to be fair, good strikers will tell you it's like a 6th sense. But he definitely should have hit the target.
Yeah it was crying out to be nodded back across goal.

MataFanatic

What a beast Ander has become for us now. When he arrived he should've played a lot more. Don't know why LvG insisted on rotating him so much. We rely on him so much now. Be great to see him work alongside Pogba now next season week in and week out. Can't keep Fellaini in there - he's just a liability.

And next season if Rooney leaves, just give Ander the armband. Leader in waiting.

criticalanalysis

I thought it was a bit obvious last night that he can't be our next best midfielder after Pogba. I think there still needs to be someone else closer to Pogba's creative ability in the midfield. City were missing Silva, and you could say Gundogan also, and still just dominated our midfield. That said, he is the closest thing we've got to a proper captain.
You're not wrong but name a single player in the world, who would have shone/played well next to Fellani, Carrick AND with tactics set up to play containment.

In a three, let's find a mobile deep lying midfielder/playmaker and let's see if Herrera can hold his own at the 8 behind Pogba. In a two, whilst he's still not perfect, he's the least of our problems i.e we need our attackers/wide players and Mourinho finding a system that can use them more effectively.

Our midfield got dominated but rarely do you see Herrera get dominated i.e he often more than holds his own. Of course that doesn't mean, he can't play bad or be bypassed but ya know there will be similar/other issues with an 'upgrade'. It's not that simple.

Man Utd 1:1 Swansea

El Jefe

I know it seems like he can do no wrong on this forum but its clear as day how much better Pogba makes Herrera look than the other way around.

His ability on the ball mainly in terms of passing has been as bad as its been since he joined us.

He seriously needs to get it together in the second half and look to create.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know it seems like he can do no wrong on this forum but its clear as day how much better Pogba makes Herrera look than the other way around.

His ability on the ball mainly in terms of passing has been as bad as its been since he joined us.

He's not had the chance to. His midfield partner is playing behind DDG and Rooney hasn't moved since kick off. He players better with Pogba in there because he's got another decent midfielder or work with.

Kag

His passing is the reason we've won the last two league games and a cup final this season.

binary bot
Should've had another assist, his crossing has been great lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.