Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I said "generally". He played 326 matches for the club. How many times did he punch someone or break somebody's leg?
I dont want to derail this thread. But I wouldnt say "generally played fair" is something to be proud of or acceptable. Fact of the matter is punching an opponent is downright wrong no matter how many times you have done it.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Good grief, what has this turned in to? I thought Herrera was great on Saturday but I will never like the playacting. If it was a special performance just to wind City up it would be one thing but it wasn't. He has it in his locker and I wish he didn't. I don't think it's controversial for people to voice that opinion. It's also ok to love Roy Keane and what he represented for this club and hate one or two incidents from his canon of work.
Yeah I agree with what you say. I just find it odd that people criticise Herrera for his antics yet we have had players who have done far worse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I dont want to derail this thread. But I wouldnt say "generally played fair" is something to be proud of or acceptable. Fact of the matter is punching an opponent is downright wrong no matter how many times you have done it.
I think you’re deliberately missing the point I’m making (i.e. the difference between habitual vs occasional bad behaviour in terms of how players are perceived by fans) so I’ll leave it here.

Norris

I think you’re deliberately missing the point I’m making (i.e. the difference between habitual vs occasional bad behaviour in terms of how players are perceived by fans) so I’ll leave it here.
Surely, you cannot be serious ??

Robertd0803

Herrera in the second half on Saturday is the Herrera we need more often and have been missing at times this season.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Love the guy. Could do with toning down the antics a bit (I cringe at times!), but you can't fault his attitude and commitment his given to both managers he's played for at United. Always tries and gives 100%, even if he's asked to play in slightly different roles/systems.

I'd have loved him to have proven to be first choice (though I think we need an upgrade still), but he's a very good squad option to have anyway. And more often than not, he's quite good in the big games.

Decomposing In Paris

Herrera was booked for his first foul on Saturday... it wasn't any worse than several fouls that preceded it in the game, and not as bad as some. After that, he gave a very controlled performance. He was actually fouled quite a few times in the game, and used it to his advantage. He didn't dive, he didn't run to the ref every time there was a foul, there was no waiving of imaginary cards... What he did was help win the midfield battle, and allow Pogba to go forward. City's players were wound up because he was frustrating their attempts to get back in the game, not because he was playing unfairly, or trying to deceive the referee. I don't know what people want from him, or what they think they're going to get from some shiny new replacement. He was immense on Saturday, let's hope he can carry this form on and stay fit.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Herrera was booked for his first foul on Saturday... it wasn't any worse than several fouls that preceded it in the game, and not as bad as some. After that, he gave a very controlled performance. He was actually fouled quite a few times in the game, and used it to his advantage. He didn't dive, he didn't run to the ref every time there was a foul, there was no waiving of imaginary cards... What he did was help win the midfield battle, and allow Pogba to go forward. City's players were wound up because he was frustrating their attempts to get back in the game, not because he was playing unfairly, or trying to deceive the referee. I don't know what people want from him, or what they think they're going to get from some shiny new replacement. He was immense on Saturday, let's hope he can carry this form on and stay fit.
good post

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This.

Water Melon

This ^

Man Utd 0:1 West Brom

arnie_ni

Shouldn't have been subbed. The only player from midfield up that played remotely well today. Actually made off the ball runs, passed forward and should have had a penalty.

Sylar

Can see him not starting against spurs lol

Think I'd hate him if he wasn't a United player. Also think this was a game he shouldn't have started but instead been rested and focused for the spurs game. Kinda like how fergie once saved Fletcher for that Chelsea 3-0 home win

Canagel

His biggest contributions in almost 4 years have been man marking Hazard and spitting on the City badge. Personally don't believe he is the right player for us in midfield but there will people who disagree with me for sure.

Acole9

Outstanding
His biggest contributions in almost 4 years have been man marking Hazard and spitting on the City badge. Personally don't believe he is the right player for us in midfield but there will people who disagree with me for sure.
I agree with you. He doesn't really do anything apart from run round and throws himself into stupid challenges. We've let go of youth players who play the same way.

Canagel

I agree with you. He doesn't really do anything apart from run round and throws himself into stupid challenges. We've let go of youth players who play the same way.
He spends a lot of time praising other players (heard him say Valencia is best RB in the world and Rojo was one of the top 5 defenders last season etc) but doesn't actually do much himself. I'm not sure what he brings to our team. Hanging onto average players like him and expecting to challenge the best teams in the world is not realistic. It's not fair on him either. I have nothing against Herrera but we need to lower our expectations with players like Smalling, Valencia, Mata, Herrera and Young in the team. Herrera is almost 28 now and isn't even an established player for Spain. That tells you everything.

Bournemouth 0:2 Man Utd

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can be pleased with a good night’s work after being harshly hooked on Sunday. Showed great composure in the build up to both our goals tonight.

RedStarUnited

He isn't the right player for this coach.

His attributes would be ideal for a forward thinking manager. A midfielder who loves pressing and is generally tenacious but with a great eye for a pass. Imagine Herrera in a high pressing team, he would look sensational.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He isn't the right player for this coach.

His attributes would be ideal for a forward thinking manager. A midfielder who loves pressing and is generally tenacious but with a great eye for a pass. Imagine Herrera in a high pressing team, he would look sensational.
Think it’s time to stop excuses for our players.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can be pleased with a good night’s work after being harshly hooked on Sunday. Showed great composure in the build up to both our goals tonight.
Yes. We need the Lieutenant on Saturday.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was my MOTM, very good defensively and played big part in first goal.

Ashley R1+O

He's come back in superb form. Hope he can continue into next season because that will be a real boon to have somebody with his fire and grit in midfield with Matic and Pogba.

Witchking

I guess and hope that majority will disagree with such a bad and nonsensical post.

Silas

Played at a similar level to his performances last season. Hopefully sustains it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
There are some people who just need ignoring.
I accept he doesn't rate him, though I don't know why, but for this to be his only contribution immediately after being the best player on the pitch is baffling.

kundalini

A good performance overall. Delightful pass into the space for Lingard's assist. Some decent defending too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No surprise he played better without Matic alongside him, I wouldn’t have him replace Matic and I’m not sure I’d have him in a three with him either against Spurs. I’d probably have McTominay ahead of him.

Carl S Bridge

Great performance today, really showed all his attributes; interceptions, tackles, pressing, composure and passing ability

ivaldo

No surprise he played better without Matic alongside him, I wouldn’t have him replace Matic and I’m not sure I’d have him in a three with him either against Spurs. I’d probably have McTominay ahead of him.
Why?

ivaldo

He’s an odd one, Ander, when he’s bad he’s hopeless but when he’s good he’s different class. Was absolutely everywhere tonight. Must be a record for tackles/interceptions and the pre-assist was class.
Most tackles won (4) 2nd most interceptions (4) Most ball recoveries (10) Most passes completed (62)

Status
Not open for further replies.