Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Ander Herrera Agüera
Aug 14, 1989 (27)
Bilbao

1.82 m

Ander Herrera said:
So I thought I had to add something to my game. I had to give more options to the manager. We both agreed.

He (Mourinho) told me that I was going to play sometimes a different role in the team. He told me sometimes I was going to play more defensive and in other games he was going to need me more forward. I told him I'd play wherever he wanted me to play and I would give my best."

Last edited:

Water Melon

Have just read on one of the websites that he's been appointed as vice-captain. Is it true?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Mr Manchester United. He's going to be key to our fortunes this year.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I wonder if he will play the holding midfielder this season and less box to box. Not really sure what to make of his best position yet

Satissh12

I wonder if he will play the holding midfielder this season and less box to box. Not really sure what to make of his best position yet
If he plays holding MF, is Pereira good enough to play box to box?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he plays holding MF, is Pereira good enough to play box to box?
IMO opinion yes, but I'm a bit of a fanboy. He could also play the holding role but I think Jose likes someone who's a bit more physicial in that role. Pereira is quick, technically brilliant, can dribble, excellent passing and vision. He has all the tools, now it's to get used to the PL. He'll need some time and I hope Jose gives him opportunities

Satissh12

IMO opinion yes, but I'm a bit of a fanboy. He could also play the holding role but I think Jose likes someone who's a bit more physicial in that role. Pereira is quick, technically brilliant, can dribble, excellent passing and vision. He has all the tools, now it's to get used to the PL. He'll need some time and I hope Jose gives him opportunities
Thanks for that

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's gonna run the league this season.
Respect your opinion buddy but as much as I like his attitude I honestly don't think he's top notch. As a 6 he lacks passing attributes and the ability to dictate play as his passing range is limited. He's best as a pest to break play up and he mastered the touch and turn move he's brilliant at it. Overall good player to have but imo if we sign a midfielder his place is under severe threat.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Respect your opinion buddy but as much as I like his attitude I honestly don't think he's top notch. As a 6 he lacks passing attributes and the ability to dictate play as his passing range is limited. He's best as a pest to break play up and he mastered the touch and turn move he's brilliant at it. Overall good player to have but imo if we sign a midfielder his place is under severe threat.
I agree with some of that. He's decent at best as a 6, but I'd rather see someone like Carrick behind him and Pogba, with Herrera playing the 'Kante role', which has proven to be a hugely important role. I peg him as equally as good as Kante in that role, and I think he has better playmaking qualities than him as well.

We can definitely improve on him as a 6, but in the buzzing around, box to box ball winner, I'm not sure there's many better.

Akshay

Staff
I agree with some of that. He's decent at best as a 6, but I'd rather see someone like Carrick behind him and Pogba, with Herrera playing the 'Kante role', which has proven to be a hugely important role. I peg him as equally as good as Kante in that role, and I think he has better playmaking qualities than him as well.

We can definitely improve on him as a 6, but in the buzzing around, box to box ball winner, I'm not sure there's many better.
A holding midfielder who can link defense and midfield behind Herrera and Pogba would be an incredible midfield. We'd need better productivity from our front three to justify it though, especially in the 'easy games' at home.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's really good at through balls and defense splitting passes so the vision is there. Crossing is fine too, he is not as adventurous at playing long passes which is completely fine. Unless you are Scholes, those passes are the easiest ways to lose possession.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
One of my favorite players. If he wasn't a united player, we'd be raving about him and wanting to sign him.

Hope the story that he's been made vice captain is true.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A holding midfielder who can link defense and midfield behind Herrera and Pogba would be an incredible midfield. We'd need better productivity from our front three to justify it though, especially in the 'easy games' at home.
Pogba created a great deal of chances last season. Our finishing was hopeless. We made mid-table goalkeepers look heroic just because they made loads of saves, when the majority of them were comfortable. Lukaku is coming off his best season yet, so if Pogba can keep creating those chances, along with Mkhi, Mata and whoever we bring in from the wing, I have no doubts over creativity. We just need a finisher, and we seem to have one.

Brightonian

I don't see him as a 6. He's an 8 who can play deeper against weaker opposition. Box to box, there's no-one in the league to match him bar Kante. There's no risk of his position being under threat next season. He was our player of the year and Jose loves him.

Akshay

Staff
Pogba created a great deal of chances last season. Our finishing was hopeless. We made mid-table goalkeepers look heroic just because they made loads of saves, when the majority of them were comfortable. Lukaku is coming off his best season yet, so if Pogba can keep creating those chances, along with Mkhi, Mata and whoever we bring in from the wing, I have no doubts over creativity. We just need a finisher, and we seem to have one.
Yeah that's true. Mainly we need whoever is playing on the wings to have better finishing than Lingard so Lukaku doesn't have to shoulder the burden alone. Mata and Mkhi missed some shockers last season too which was rather uncharacteristic of them. Hopefully they score more this year.

I think if Herrera was given the box-to-box role consistently for the season we'd get even better performances out of him.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One of my favorite players. If he wasn't a united player, we'd be raving about him and wanting to sign him.

Hope the story that he's been made vice captain is true.
I like him as United player too, but to say we'd raving to sign him if he is not ours is insane.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Why is no one talking about him? Been one of our best players on tour imo and was especially good vs City where he played the deep midfielder role well.

Pogba-Herrera as a midfield two looks good enough now for next season as Herrera looks like he has adapted to a more disciplined role and their relationship is really great together, hardly getting into each others way and knowing when to move forwards/stay back

Raw

He's been brilliant. I'm expecting an even better season from him.

Also how the feck are his long shots on target now?! Madness!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I would really like for the club to tie him down to a new contract now, we're cutting it too close for my liking.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This.

el3mel

He probably bruised his ribs only I think.

I don't think he'll miss anything more than the Barca game.

Raw

Jose Mourinho admits only a “very painful” injury would force Ander Herrera off the pitch, but the Manchester United manager does not yet know if the midfielder’s problem is severe.

Speaking at the post-match press conference, Mourinho was asked about Herrera’s premature exit and just how serious the injury might be. “It must at least be very painful because for Ander to come off, it has to be very painful,” the manager told reporters. “I want to wait and see what it is.

“I always say to the players that you don't risk anything in friendly matches. If you feel something is coming, even if it is a little injury, get off because the result is not important. It was very painful, it was in front of the bench, it was a bad contact. Maybe it is his ribs but I don't know.”
Feck, please don't be serious.

el3mel

Painful doesn't mean a serious injury keeping him out for long. I'm sure getting knocked in ribs is painful as feck.

AlexUTD

Herrera injured would feck us since we need his abilities in important games.

Feel we are a tad thin on backups if Herrera and Pogba get injured, do not feel safe that we will dominate midfield without these two.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think him going off led to Pogba not being as effective. Please don't have a bad injury. I knew he was going off straight away as I could see him holding his side. It reminded me far too much of that West Ham game where he broke his rib. We need reinforcements for that midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.