View full 2018-19 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred was supposed to be that one. Was surprised he did not play. Ole might take this giving youth a chance too far. Mc tominay also has already signed a new contract without earning anything.
To be honest I dont know what to make of Fred.What his main attributes are and what his general playing style is.
There were various views regarding what type of player he was when he arrived here.One minute I'm reading he's a box-to-box midfielder,the next our own Kante and another poster claimed him to be similar to Modric/Scholes.
All I know is that,presently,he's been severely underwhelming.

criticalanalysis

Not sure why he was rested when he barely played in the first few months.
That's not how fatigue and accumulation of it works.

Although it's also to do with his style. His legs, tenacity and intensity cannot be sustained 10 games in a row yet in reality we need him playing like he has for every single game until the end of the season.

Bwuk

Think today was another piece of evidence we need him renewed. Bar him and Matic we have no midfielders who can play in the pivot.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
We really missed him.
No way we would not have won with him.
The real problem though is he cannot play every match and Ole has to rotate.
The obvious issue is there is no other player who can match his ability.
Fred would have been better than Andreas.
Ole said it was a team error instead of blaming Andreas for the goal.
Refreshing to hear rather throwing specific players under the bus.

Stacks

"12 months ago people wanted me sold. Then they hoped Fred would replace me and claimed he is a better version of me. Then the gaffer suggested we have no bite in midfield. There will be more victims of doubt in the coming years but King Ander will reign supreme"
Ander Herrera (3000 BC)

Shimo

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...aers-success-due-to-clicking-with-key-players

The guy just gets the club or more that this just a guy that will always fight for whatever team he is in. Maybe not the most gifted but, that fight/agression/passion he has on the pitch is what we need more of, Rashford is getting there, so is Lindelof I think, if Pogba / Martial get a bit more edge to them and will be rare we will be out fought on the pitch.

Water Melon

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchest...aers-success-due-to-clicking-with-key-players

The guy just gets the club or more that this just a guy that will always fight for whatever team he is in. Maybe not the most gifted but, that fight/agression/passion he has on the pitch is what we need more of, Rashford is getting there, so is Lindelof I think, if Pogba / Martial get a bit more edge to them and will be rare we will be out fought on the pitch.
My favourite player in the club at the moment. He does really get it.

Canagel

Last edited:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So so important today, you can see what we missed against Burnley from his performance today.
What? I thought he was below average today.

Devil may care

Game of two halves from Ander, I thought he had a good first half but several sloppy moments in the second.

Fracture90

Other than that one time he got caught in possession after our corner which resulted in a dangerous break for Leicester, he was very good.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Man of the match for me. So important in MF disrupting the other team and getting a foot in. Works his socks off.

You can really see a difference between him and Andreas on tuesday.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Among our best players today.
5 successful tackles (most by anyone on the pitch)
9 attempted tackles (most by anyone on the pitch)
4 interceptions (tied for most by anyone on the pitch)
4 blocks (most by anyone on the pitch)

Other than that one time he got caught in possession after our corner which resulted in a dangerous break for Leicester, he was very good.
That was actually poor from Shaw to give the ball to him especially as he was already surrounded by 2 players and by the time he got the ball, Herrera was between 3 Leicester players

JoaquinJoaquin

Man of the match for me. So important in MF disrupting the other team and getting a foot in. Works his socks off.

You can really see a difference between him and Andreas on tuesday.
I must of been watching a different game, as Herrera was dreadful today.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I must of been watching a different game, as Herrera was dreadful today.
Yeah, you must have been because dreadful he definitely wasn’t.

Though he wasn’t as good (average performance by his standards I’d say) as he’s been recently but such was the performances out there today, that he was probably still in the “better half” of performers on the day.

DDG motm for me.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Among our best players today.
5 successful tackles (most by anyone on the pitch)
9 attempted tackles (most by anyone on the pitch)
4 interceptions (tied for most by anyone on the pitch)
4 blocks (most by anyone on the pitch)

That was actually poor from Shaw to give the ball to him especially as he was already surrounded by 2 players and by the time he got the ball, Herrera was between 3 Leicester players
He was very good today. Man of the match for me.

El Jefe

Probably the only outfield player that deserves any praise for today's game. In a match where none of our players look like they could keep possession, he was the one that showed composure.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yeah, you must have been because dreadful he definitely wasn’t.

Though he wasn’t as good as he’s been recently but such was the performances out there today, that he was probably still in the “better half” of performers on the day.

DDG motm for me.
I beg to differ. He got caught in possession or gave it away nearly every time he had the ball. Some fans expectations have been lowered so much, its quite scary actually.

Fracture90

Could be, not 100% sure what went on before he got surrounded and lost the ball.

AJ10

I beg to differ. He got caught in possession or gave it away nearly every time he had the ball. Some fans expectations have been lowered so much, its quite scary actually.
He wasn't good on the ball today but that bold is complete rubbish.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
That almost describes everyone’s performance out there today, tbf :lol:

I don’t think he was anywhere near as bad as you’re saying but let’s just agree to disagree

Shark

@NotShark
Probably the only outfield player that deserves any praise for today's game. In a match where none of our players look like they could keep possession, he was the one that showed composure.
He’s the only player that deserves praise, what kind of lunacy is that? :lol:

Not the goal scorer and the player that created it.

El Jefe

He’s the only player that deserves praise, what kind of lunacy is that? :lol:

Not the goal scorer and the player that created it.
Pogba and Rashford had a good moment for the goal but both had poor games IMO. Herrera had a good 90mins is what I'm trying to say.

JoaquinJoaquin

That almost describes everyone’s performance out there today, tbf :lol:

I don’t think he was anywhere near as bad as you’re saying but let’s just agree to disagree
Judging by the replies it seems I'm being too harsh, but hey. I'm just happy with the win either way :D

Shark

@NotShark
Pogba and Rashford had a good moment for the goal but both had poor games IMO. Herrera had a good 90mins is what I'm trying to say.
Oh right well that makes more sense then. I don’t think Pogba had a terrible game though.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is such a vital cog in MF. So important. He puts the squeeze on the opposition.

LoneStar

Was the only player who was composed on the ball today. As always, does a very good defensive job. You could see why we were struggling without him last game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was the only player who was composed on the ball today. As always, does a very good defensive job. You could see why we were struggling without him last game.
Totally agree. I think if he had started last tuesday, we would have beaten them.

Status
Not open for further replies.