Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think we badly miss him, and IMO he is our most important midfield player and one of the most important players in our team. Pogba gives us that edge attacking wise especially against weaker opponents, but we can't control tempo of the games without Herrera. I thought trio of Matic, Pogba, Fred looked really poor on the paper, and it looked even worse during the game.

Sylar

We miss the energy (and press) that he (and Lingard) give us. It makes a huge difference to being able to win the ball back quickly and not giving opposition time to dictate tempo.

Devil may care

Agree with the other posts, we've done really well in their abscence but the quality of our play has been hurt without Ander and Lingard, hopefully if not by Wolves both will be back for the PL game after the International break.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Agree with the other posts, we've done really well in their abscence but the quality of our play has been hurt without Ander and Lingard, hopefully if not by Wolves both will be back for the PL game after the International break.
It's remarkable how fans are now appreciating the qualities these 2 have

Devil may care

It's remarkable how fans are now appreciating the qualities these 2 have
In fairness plenty of fans have appreciated Ander for quite some time, Lingard has been more mixed as his finishing and final ball aren't great for a forward at a club this level, but his pressing and movement are good assets without a doubt.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In fairness plenty of fans have appreciated Ander for quite some time, Lingard has been more mixed as his finishing and final ball aren't great for a forward at a club this level, but his pressing and movement are good assets without a doubt.
He scores vital goals

Devil may care

He scores vital goals
He does score some big goals, that wasn't the point, you need to be more consistent with the final ball and your finishing if you play front 3 for a side that has ambitions to win the major trophies, this is what Ole is on about with Marcus, the worldy goals and big game moments are great, but he needs to start tucking away the bread and butter stuff.

lsd

The Oracle
Certainly miss Lingard a lot. Fred played well yesterday I'm not sure how much better we would have been with Herrera over him

deadrevelz

He's training and has a chance of being in the squad for Wolves. Can't wait to see him back, hopefully he picks up where he left off.

Inter Yer Nan

I wouldn't like to see him risked tomorrow and then with an international break he has a couple of matches to get sharp for whats obviously going to be a huge game for him vs. Barca. He'll be one of our key players over those ties if we are going to advance.

izec

I wouldn't like to see him risked tomorrow and then with an international break he has a couple of matches to get sharp for whats obviously going to be a huge game for him vs. Barca. He'll be one of our key players over those ties if we are going to advance.
I agree with everything. I want him to be introduced slowly to be in top condition against Barca

Paul_Scholes18

Hopefully can be back and ready for the end. I like to see him with Pogba and Fred against Barca. We need to press and win the midfield in that game and they both do that well.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hopefully can be back and ready for the end. I like to see him with Pogba and Fred against Barca. We need to press and win the midfield in that game and they both do that well.
Me too. We can't allow the passivity Matic and McTominay bring. Mobility will be key.

Jib

Pogba-Herrera-Matic is our best midfield !

ForestRGoinUp

Haha McTominay and Pereira v PSG. Can you imagine ?
I didn’t mention either of them but since you did...yea they’d probably make more sense than Matic on account of energy alone. On another note, PSGs midfield did not struggle with ours.

Based Adnan

You don't chuck players coming back from injury straight into games like Arsenal away and Wolves away. Thought Ole would have learned with Matic at Arsenal. Unsurprisingly Herrera was awful today. Not sure why he was so eager to break up the midfield that did so well at PSG. Absolutely desperate to bring Matic and Herrera into the fold ASAP for no reason.

RonaldoVII

So far off the pace. The "challenge" he made on Moutinho for the first goal was shocking. He didn't look match fit at all; was surprised he started and doesn't look a good decision after that result.

binary bot
Could've been sent off for his last man foul near the opponents corner flag

Devil may care

Crap performance, just looked tetchy for a large part of the game and every pass seemed to be safe and gegative.

Walters_19_MuFc

I love him and I think hes defensively brilliant, but my God is he safe.

Next season, I would play him as a holding midfielder, then look to get someone more creative in the 8 role, especially against low block teams.

Pogba Herrera Playmaker

Something similar to what City do. Herrera has the legs to cover like Fernandinho does.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really poor game for Herrera. Shouldn’t have been rushed back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.