Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd

el3mel

Magnificent. Ridiculous performance from him. He's the key reason for us restoring the balance in midfield.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Gate99

Perfect example of what Herrera brings to the team. Brings so much energy to our midfield, keeps the ball moving and unlucky not to score. That pass he played inside to Rashford for the Lingard chance isn't a one off. He does that so often, but if he misses a couple of games it gets entirely forgotten and his passing is deemed to be shit again.

NinjaFletch

For my money we've spent a lot of time trying to replace Herrera with players who don't seem to actually be better than him.

He's deserved better over the last few years

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Should be starting every game. Changed the whole dynamics of the midfield today. Great performance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Herrera>Matic

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yup. Matic needs to be dropped. Herrera and Fred midfield would be something to see. The energy!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully he starts the next 2 games. Would start him instead of Matic as the holding midfielder, but not gonna happen.

Prodigy24

Good to see him back playing again, did very well when he came on and could have scored a great goal with a little bit of luck.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know why we bought Fred. I mean he is a good player but Herrera is much better. He gives that energy which is needed. Classic all round player. Must play with Pogba

MuFc_1992

Imagine if we'd just kept faith in him and spent that 100 million we wasted on Matic and Fred somewhere else.

Canagel

I don't know why we bought Fred. I mean he is a good player but Herrera is much better. He gives that energy which is needed. Classic all round player. Must play with Pogba
I don't know why we bought Matic. He's the one keeping Herrera out because Fred is a box to box player. Remember Herrera was very good DM in 2016/17?
Herrera, Fred, Pogba is the way to go.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know why we bought Matic. He's the one keeping Herrera out because Fred is a box to box player. Remember Herrera was very good DM in 2016/17?
Herrera, Fred, Pogba is the way to go.
Yeah, i think that too. But i am not so sure can he play that dmc solo. With another player than ok.

Canagel

Yeah, i think that too. But i am not so sure can he play that dmc solo. With another player than ok.
Yeah between Herrera and Fred we've got enough defensively. Energy is so important and both of them are good at winning balls. the creativity is still there because Fred can pick a pass too. The balance is much better.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah between Herrera and Fred we've got enough defensively and offensively. Energy is so important. And the creativity is still there because Fred can pick a pass too. The balance is much better.
But to be honest, Matic was excellent in second half. He was winning duels and passing the ball quickly.

Ekeke

But to be honest, Matic was excellent in second half. He was winning duels and passing the ball quickly.
No, he wasn't. He made 1 tackle and 0 interceptions after 1 and 1 in the first half.

Fred made 5 and 1 in the first half alone. Then made another interception before he was subbed.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Played terrific today. My man of the match and I'm not his biggest fan. But based on this performance he should be starting and Matic should be lucky to even see the bench

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No, he wasn't. He made 1 tackle and 0 interceptions after 1 and 1 in the first half.

Fred made 5 and 1 in the first half alone. Then made another interception before he was subbed.
I don't know. I was very happy with him today.

Canagel

No he really wasn't. @Ekeke is right . Both Fred and Herrera are better at winning balls. We don't need Matic anymore imo. Fred did more work defensively and Herrera did more than him last week against Everton.
We were better in the second half because we were attacking.

Shark

@NotShark
Showed his importance to us today. Great attitude to come and and lift us like that.

Kapardin

Improved his shooting somehow. He's a Jose favorite, so I reckon he will replace Matic when Jose eventually drops him.

Ekeke

I don't know. I was very happy with him today.
You're entitled to your opinion Mr. Mourinho ;)

For me he was a passenger. Didnt win the ball like Fred, didnt get on the ball as much as Fred, didnt play as many passes as Fred... But Fred was the one subbed. And I'm not saying Fred was all that good either. One of many poor performances. But at least he had a function. At least he did something. Matic did very little of anything over the course of the 90 mins.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

For me he was a passenger. Didnt win the ball like Fred, didnt get on the ball as much as Fred, didnt play as many passes as Fred... But Fred was the one subbed. And I'm not saying Fred was all that good either. One of many poor performances. But at least he had a function. At least he did something. Matic did very little of anything over the course of the 90 mins.
:lol::lol:. I also think that Matic needs to be benched because he is slow as feck but i must admit that today he was good. Just trying to be objective from what i saw today.

Devil may care

Surely he's played his way into the starting 11 against Juve, protected Matic and moved the ball a lot more accurately than Fred.

Handré1990

I agree completely, but I feel the need to point out that Fred is a new player, this was only his second match in a row. So should be afforded a little more patience. For Matic, right now, I have none. Herrera instead of Matic would be my preference. Or Pereira, or.. whomever. Herrera was excellent today.

Status
Not open for further replies.