6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1

He was so good when he came on, he looked as sharp with his passing than he has done for ages.

And couldn't believe he hit that one first time left foot, there's been times for us when he would have had about 10 touches to get it onto his right and then just get it blocked.

Would love to see him have a proper revival this season, he's capable.

Camilo

I always think he's one of the few players we have who seems to relish the responsibility of playing for us. He shows up, works hard, and keeps things moving. Always liked him, and it's odd he's disappeared of late. I would've thought Mourinho would be a fan..

Still think that between him, Matic, Fred and Pogba we've a top collection of midfielders.

Raw

Still think that between him, Matic, Fred and Pogba we've a top collection of midfielders.
With Fellaini, Pereira and McTominay backups too. Good depth but still need another starter that's top quality alongside Pogba I reckon, whether one of the current players can do that or we'd need a new signing I don't know.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'll keep both out and play with Herrera and Pogba combo with Lingard, Rashford, Martial and Sanchez up front.
That's fair, I am still not Fred's biggest fan but he hardly got any chance to prove if he is good enough to start with?

I always think he's one of the few players we have who seems to relish the responsibility of playing for us. He shows up, works hard, and keeps things moving. Always liked him, and it's odd he's disappeared of late. I would've thought Mourinho would be a fan..

We have a lot of good midfielders - but I don’t remember them ever working really well together. The whole is certainly not more than the sum of the parts.

el3mel

That's fair, I am still not Fred's biggest fan but he hardly got any chance to prove if he is good enough to start with?
I don't want to be hard but Fred is annoyingly inconsistent in all of his touches. Some quality moments mixed with very awful ones. Maybe he'll come good later on but currently and currently only I won't say he's in our best midfield combo.

Kag

We do. We’ve got a bloody good squad. It’s often lost on folk.

kiristao

He might not be as disciplined as Matic is but if we play with a midfield of him and Fred then I think against weaker opponents when we need to win games, it will give us more creativity going forward

acnumber9

He played a huge part in us winning the game. He’ll be starting next time.

Mourhino is a joker - when he bought Matic he completely disregarded Herrera even though he was our player of the season the previous year. Everyone was saying him, matic and Pogba should play in a 3 together, know it looks like he might finally do that.

We need to see him with Fred and Pogba in midfield. Three quick footed, technical players, two of whom are excellent at pressing and all three are good at passing. Even play three at the back if we have to sure things up there.

With Matic in amongst them it slows the whole idea down, rendering it useless.

PoTMS

Fred isn't as good as this guy. Can't understand why he's not part of our first XI. He's integral to our team imo.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Fred isn't as good as this guy. Can't understand why he's not part of our first XI. He's integral to our team imo.
Great guy, Ander. Brilliant in 2016/17 but he was really bad last season, like really bad. He hasn't been that great this season either till today, IIRC.

Canagel

Mourhino is a joker - when he bought Matic he completely disregarded Herrera even though he was our player of the season the previous year. Everyone was saying him, Matic and Pogba should play in a 3 together, know it looks like he might finally do that.
You just know he'll drop Fred for Herrera in midweek. Matic is undroppable. And it's frustrating because slowly our ideal team is taking shape but we can't get this plodder out of the midfield. Herrera is the real ball winner on the pitch. He should be protecting the back 4.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
You just know he'll drop Fred for Herrera in midweek. Matic is undroppable. And it's frustrating because slowly our ideal team is taking shape but we can't get this plodder out of the midfield. Herrera is the real ball winner on the pitch. He should be protecting the back 4.
Fred was shite too.

Canagel

Fred was shite too.
No he wasn't. He was our best player in the 1st period actually winning the ball back for us a couple of times and could've had an assist if Sanchez wasn't wrongly called offside.

SapperBRed75

Ander over Fred at the moment, all day long. If it was about heart, he'd be the best since Keane. I'd like to see him start against Juve.

deafepl

Ander over Fred at the moment, all day long. If it was about heart, he'd be the best since Keane. I'd like to see him start against Juve.
Not really over Fred, I have no idea why he gets subbed for Herrera when he's playing so well and better than Matic. Matic need to get dropped for next game

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
No he wasn't. He was our best player in the 1st period actually winning the ball back for us a couple of times and could've had an assist
if Sanchez wasn't wrongly called offside.
Awful.

Tibs

Should take Matic' starting position without a second thought.

Pogba, Herrera starters
Fred/Perriera battling for 3rd spot

Matic on the bench.

Sylar

Should be our captain. Still maintain this from the players we currently have. (which would be fine cos he should be starting as part of a midfield 3)

Irrational.

Are we still waiting for him to sign a contract? Hope we get him signed up - he's a valuable midfield asset when he's playing well.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Are we still waiting for him to sign a contract? Hope we get him signed up - he's a valuable midfield asset when he's playing well.
Yeah he’s eligible to agree a pre-contract with foreign clubs from January.

I suspect the fact he was a hybrid Moyes/Van Gaal signing counted against him in Mourinho’s eyes - most managers would have made him captain after his player of the season exploits in 2016/17, but instead Jose replaced him with a cumbersome Serbian cyborg.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Should be our captain. Still maintain this from the players we currently have. (which would be fine cos he should be starting as part of a midfield 3)
agree.

He is simply a leader and gives 100% every time.

The Bonus is he actually cares about this club.

Not giving him a contract that values him is utter stupidity.

But then, we have a manager and board who are not too bright.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
agree.

He is simply a leader and gives 100% every time.

The Bonus is he actually cares about this club.

Not giving him a contract that values him is utter stupidity.

But then, we have a manager and board who are not too bright.
Not sure it is Jose. A few weeks back it was rumoured that he wanted to keep both him and Mata as he loved the influence they have and attitude within the squad. It could be the length of contract that is the problem. I don't want Ander to leave and definitely not for another PL club. If he left let him go back abroad. Yesterday some news outlets were saying they would let him go to get money for Jose to spend. Well sorry there are other players well ahead of him in the 'got to get rid of ' stakes.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not sure it is Jose. A few weeks back it was rumoured that he wanted to keep both him and Mata as he loved the influence they have and attitude within the squad. It could be the length of contract that is the problem. I don't want Ander to leave and definitely not for another PL club. If he left let him go back abroad. Yesterday some news outlets were saying they would let him go to get money for Jose to spend. Well sorry there are other players well ahead of him in the 'got to get rid of ' stakes.
Jose probably wants Herrera to stay, but Herrera needs to actually get enough game time. I have no doubt that if he gets to actually play enough Herrera would love to end his career with us, but he doesn't want to be struggling to even make the bench as he was last season (somewhat his fault to be fair as he was playing poorly).

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Jose probably wants Herrera to stay, but Herrera needs to actually get enough game time. I have no doubt that if he gets to actually play enough Herrera would love to end his career with us, but he doesn't want to be struggling to even make the bench as he was last season (somewhat his fault to be fair as he was playing poorly).
Think he was poor because he brought Matic in. Herrera had just won POTY in that position and he brings someone in, who to be fair has not been better. That must knock your confidence a bit. It maybe says something for his character that he is fighting back. If he cannot get what he wants I would love him back at Bilbao.

Ekeke

Great guy, Ander. Brilliant in 2016/17 but he was really bad last season, like really bad. He hasn't been that great this season either till today, IIRC.
In the league at least, he's only started as a RCB in a back 3 against Spurs. So it would have been hard for him to have been great so far this season where hes barely played and when he has, its in a situation like that

Status
Not open for further replies.