Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
Deflection, deflection, deflection. The team performed poorly collectively = Herrera isn't good enough. Flawless logic, as always.
What deflection? I did say the team was shit as a unit, and that Herrera the so called leader and driving force in midfield did nothing to raise their levels as is always mentioned in this thread

Raven

I'd be pretty happy with a midfield of Herrera, McTerminator and Pogba, it's as shame it hasn't happened more and that it probably never will.

Loublaze

ATLien
It speaks volumes that you think that a good performance is a nothing performance
It wasn't a good performance by any stretch of the imagination but you're in the cult of Herrera so there's no convincing you. This is the same player btw who Willy Sagnol recently said isn't good enough for PSG and who Paul Scholes slammed for his poor passing abilities. Squad player at best.

Ekeke

It wasn't a good performance by any stretch of the imagination but you're in the cult of Herrera so there's no convincing you. This is the same player btw who Willy Sagnol recently said isn't good enough for PSG and who Paul Scholes slammed for his poor passing abilities. Squad player at best.
Yeah our ex players are always getting things right, thats why they're all so successful as managers

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What deflection? I did say the team was shit as a unit, and that Herrera the so called leader and driving force in midfield did nothing to raise their levels as is always mentioned in this thread
:lol: feck sake. He's hurt you in some way, hasn't he?

ivaldo

This is all you have to say now? :lol:. Look, I just don't rate the man as much as you and @Ekeke do
I have plenty to say. But, as usual, when you're pressed to substantiate your drivel you meander onto your next vague declaration. It's a little weird you invest so much time in this thread.

Loublaze

ATLien
I have plenty to say. But, as usual, when you're pressed to substantiate your drivel you meander onto your next vague declaration. It's a little weird you invest so much time in this thread.
Its a bit weird you reply to my posts if this is how you view my contributions in this thread. Why waste your time?

normalone

the truth is that we have many players that we'll be stuck with for many years who need to be gotten rid of before this guy. With so many who have to leave Ander is someone we unfortunately cannot lose. Mismanagement of the highest order that his contract is expiring. And this is why we will fall further before we improve. Dark days indeed

ivaldo

Willy Sagnol didn't play for United and Scholes knows a thing or three about passing
Yeah let's listen to Scholes, the man who thinks Young has been a good right back over the years and reckons we shouldn't get a sporting director and should just 'focus on signing players.' hmmm, right.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah let's listen to Scholes, the man who thinks Young has been a good right back over the years and reckons we shouldn't get a sporting director and should just 'focus on signing players.' hmmm, right.
Feck me, did he say that?

RuudTom83

When he came on the tempo increased slightly for a spell before if fizzled out and mediocrity returned.

Reddevildans

He's always been neat and tidy. But we need more than just being the Spanish Tom cleverley. Need more forward passes and creativity. Can't fault his effort or attitude though. With the talk of so many players being sold he wouldn't be top of the list for me. He's good enough to play 30 games of a season.

Ekeke

He's always been neat and tidy. But we need more than just being the Spanish Tom cleverley. Need more forward passes and creativity. Can't fault his effort or attitude though. With the talk of so many players being sold he wouldn't be top of the list for me. He's good enough to play 30 games of a season.
He came on and passed the ball forward a lot. He also has our 2nd most passes forward from midfield after Pogba. More than most midfielders that are suggested on here as a new signing

Loublaze

ATLien
Oh wow, you think you contribute?

Cute. Don't be an ass just because I don't rate your man that much. Scholes is wrong on a lot of things, but he criticized Herrera on his passing, something he actually knows something about

Yeah you have a severe bias against him and when he does well you'll never admit it, making your posts irrelevant
I've praised Herrera and I think he should be a squad player. I just don't revere him as if he's some football deity like you do

Ekeke

Cute. Don't be an ass just because I don't rate your man that much. Scholes is wrong on a lot of things, but he criticized Herrera on his passing, something he actually knows something about

I've praised Herrera and I think he should be a squad player. I just don't revere him as if he's some football deity like you do
Nobody does. We're just capable of saying he came on and did well. You arent.

Mcking

I actually thought he was good. Although his positioning was a bit unconvincing, he won the ball back a fair amount, and his passing from deep was spot on.

humdinger

He’s our second best midfielder. Madness he’s about to walk away for free when Pogba clearly wants to go too. McTominay will be our best midfielder if both of them leave.

Mcking

Oh just the one that gets repeated on here a lot, 'makes everyone else on the pitch better', 'drives the team forward' etc, some Keano fantasy
There was actually a little bit of improvement in our play when he came on. We were able to move the ball with more zip, and he provided us with much needed control and drove us forward with some excellent passes between the lines. On a day where most of our players were awful, he defo added something from such deep position.

RedDevil@84

He didn't alter the course of the game much and he didn't worsen it. Nowadays not doing the 2nd part is considered a positive.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s not going to be that big of a loss in truth. He’s just better than other options that shouldn’t even be in the squad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's the only midfielder from our whole group who I think Sir Alex would've loved (McTominay maybe but not really convinced he'll ever be more than a squad player but whatever). He's the one who we should be trying hard to keep, yet he's the one who is almost definitely gone while dross like Matic will probably stay. Says it all.

Loublaze

ATLien
Then you didnt watch. The commentators even pointed it out that he did
What impact exactly? We didn't score, we didn't gain control of the game, we had useless possession and conceded 7 minutes after he came on. Im not blaming him for the goal or the result but we remained headless chickens even after he came on and that was the story of the match overall, one of the worst fecking performances in recent years.

Last edited:

Ekeke

What impact exactly? We didn't score, we didn't gain control of the game, we had useless possession and conceded 7 minutes after he came on. Im not blaming him for the goal or the result but we remained headless chickens even after he came on and that was the story of the match overall, one of the worst fecking performances in recent years.
We had control of the game, they had a couple of shots and pounced on an individual error. What more do you want to show you have control of the game than over 3 times as many shots and 65% of the ball?

We played some nice passing moves in that second half, we just couldnt get our shots inside the frame of the goal

RD94

We had control of the game, they had a couple of shots and pounced on an individual error. What more do you want to show you have control of the game than over 3 times as many shots and 65% of the ball?

We played some nice passing moves in that second half, we just couldnt get our shots inside the frame of the goal
What are you on.We had meanigless possession with no clue what to do,how to break up opponent.Huddersfield should have scored a second one,because our whole performance was pathetic.

He brought nothing,Huddersfield just dropped deeper and searched for a opening and mistake which appeared and took a chance and scored and theirs gameplan worked and our change with Herrera didnt.

He didnt make an impact it just seemed that way because of Huddersfield change of approach and playing deeper,with him having possession mostly,building up stats which again for a millionth time worked for them,not for us,we were headless chickens.

Stop making him better than he is.And again did you saw his attempted shot,what a shot or his few passes when he started limping around and almost injured himself,what a player.

He can be a squad player for future but not a first team player.

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.