6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmz'

unbelievable, goes on about how much he loves the club and yet he's leaving to go to PSG for a pay rise :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
unbelievable, goes on about how much he loves the club and yet he's leaving to go to PSG for a pay rise :lol:
We have had lots of players leave but doesn't mean they don't still love this club. He is a professional footballer and has to think of his future. No problems with it. Guaranteed CL football, medal, good pay, good style of living. We might not even be able to guarantee EL football next season.

K13

We have had lots of players leave but doesn't mean they don't still love this club. He is a professional footballer and has to think of his future. No problems with it. Guaranteed CL football, medal, good pay, good style of living. We might not even be able to guarantee EL football next season.
Agreed but still very sad. I wish there had been a way to make it work.

Lovely player and his little passing triangles with Mata in particular were a joy to watch.

Last edited:

Welbeckham

Underrated and underused. If it wasn’t for abysmal managers, he would be remembered in much more positive light. Still one of the best post-Fergie players and signings, he actually cared and often made us look like a better team. Thank you, Ander.

WPMUFC

We gave contracts to Young, Smalling, Jones, Martial etc etc.

We let his contract run down to a point that he could get good offers from rivals. And we decided to "draw the line" at Herrera. :lol::houllier:

We've let the only player with a captain mentality walk on a free. This is pretty much peak MUFC post-SAF.

arnie_ni

We'll see how easy he is to replace now. The whole thing turned to shit when he got injured

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We'll see how easy he is to replace now. The whole thing turned to shit when he got injured
To be fair, it went to shit when pretty much everyone was injured. We never got going again, including the games that Herrera played after his return.

In saying that, he was probably our most important player when it came to pressing the opposition and winning the ball back. If Ole wants to move us to a high press like we played when he first got here, it'll be extra annoying to lose Herrera.

Ralph1386

We gave contracts to Young, Smalling, Jones, Martial etc etc.

We let his contract run down to a point that he could get good offers from rivals. And we decided to "draw the line" at Herrera. :lol::houllier:

We've let the only player with a captain mentality walk on a free. This is pretty much peak MUFC post-SAF.
Sad but true

Wanderlust_09

Good bye Herrera. We let our most consistent post Fergie era signing to walk away for free. We will miss you. I love Man Utd more than the individual players, but Herrera was one player on whom I had a special affection for and I am sad he is leaving us, especially when we are in a difficult phase where we need characters like him in the dressing room.

Thanks for all the great memories, the throughball assist to Mata at Juanfield 2015, the throughball assist to Mkhi vs Spurs 2016, the throughball assist to Rashford vs Chelsea 2017, marking Hazard, Countinho out of the game on numerous occasions, comparisons to Kante during the 16-17 season, spitting on the City badge (lol)...
He is not world class for sure, so weren't many of our SAF era players but he was very important for us during our mini successful spells over the past 5 years. We will miss you.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I do find him better than our midfielders bar Pogba. But it's ridiculous how Van Gaal and Jose didn't trust him.

I thought He's intelligent enough to play for Van Gaal system and works hard/dirty enough to play for Jose system. No idea what happened behind the scene.

Foxbatt

Now it is being claimed that he was offered a pay cut to stay at United while players like Smalling and Jones were offered raises. Now if that is true this club has become a joke and Woodward needs to go.

Inter Yer Nan

Now it is being claimed that he was offered a pay cut to stay at United while players like Smalling and Jones were offered raises. Now if that is true this club has become a joke and Woodward needs to go.
I believe it. I’m still baffled we kept Jones and Young on. Stalling getting a raise is mental too.

I honestly don’t think we are signing more than two players this summer. Not sure what Woodward has done to be so trusted.

UncleBob

Yes and no.

The key point, I suppose, is that we've lost a player that was making a more positive contribution compared to say Matic and Fred. Given that we already needed to sign one first choice midfielder, we now have to bring in an extra one to make up for Herrera sodding off (which can be positive or negative, depending on who we bring in and how he performs)

People are just being overly dramatic due to Herreras general comments about understanding Manchester United etc.

RedDevil@84

Should be locking this thread really. He is gone. United made a video of it. Bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.