6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inter Yer Nan

Herrera's 5th season. So far he's been excellent one season then the next season dropped off a little. Think he'll do well this season seeing as though it's a contract year in addition to having the stiffest competition for games now with Fred added.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Noone even cared to comment on his decent performance so will I, he was good in midfield used the ball well and good at getting the ball back, if Mourinho ever insist to play Fellaini or fecking McTominay over him, he should pack his stuff and get the feck out of Old Trafford, the onyl player who can play it quick, even simple at times but the formers can´t even control the ball and massively slows the game down unlike Herrera who´s first touch is excellent and never loses the ball while being great in combination and under pressure..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been quietly terrible all pre-season for my money.

the hea

Not been impressed with him so far in the pre season. Unless he steps up he will not get many minutes this season Pogba, Matic, Fred, Pereira and Fellaini are all ahead of him in the pecking order right now.

Loublaze

ATLien
Noone even cared to comment on his decent performance so will I, he was good in midfield used the ball well and good at getting the ball back, if Mourinho ever insist to play Fellaini or fecking McTominay over him, he should pack his stuff and get the feck out of Old Trafford, the onyl player who can play it quick, even simple at times but the formers can´t even control the ball and massively slows the game down unlike Herrera who´s first touch is excellent and never loses the ball while being great in combination and under pressure..
Are you Herrera himself or are you stuck in 2016? I think he's been terrible. He should be doing much better but he looks like a man resigned to his future sitting on the bench

-Supreme-

He's quite a limited football player and I'm not basing this on the pre-season games!

His contract expires next year and we really should try sell him this summer if we can, we already have a ready made replacement in Pereira.

Fred is his replacement so there's no need to put your blood pressure up worrying about him.

Canagel

He's shite. Should be added to the list of deadwood. Will probably stay for another 2/3 years in and around the team because he's 'passionate' and 'gets United' etc. Useless midfielder.

kundalini

No composure on the ball today. Always passing immediately back to the central defenders, who passed it back to the keeper, who either kicked straight out of play or straight to one of their players.

Stupid challenge to concede the penalty.

Super clearance off the line to prevent them scoring from a corner when it was 0-0.

Last edited:

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Are you Herrera himself or are you stuck in 2016? I think he's been terrible. He should be doing much better but he looks like a man resigned to his future sitting on the bench
yeah people will go overboard after a game like this and of course there is a scapegoat, he wasn't as bad in last few games in fact quite good the game before but people will change the narrative. He will be a great squad player at the very least but I should stay away from this thread I guess because there is a lot of nonsense. BTW I agree he had a terrible second half today or the whole game if you insist but certainyl he had decent games or not as terrible as today and people say he was terrible all preseason which is bullshit, hardly impressive but perhaps average overall if you dont count this game where we set up terribly and everyone looked shit. Let's be a bit more objectiv, huh?:-)

Loublaze

ATLien
yeah people will go overboard after a game like this and of course there is a scapegoat, he wasn't as bad in last few games in fact quite good the game before but people will change the narrative. He will be a great squad player at the very least but I should stay away from this thread I guess because there is a lot of nonsense. BTW I agree he had a terrible second half today or the whole game if you insist but certainyl he had decent games or not as terrible as today and people say he was terrible all preseason which is bullshit, hardly impressive but perhaps average overall if you dont count this game where we set up terribly and everyone looked shit. Let's be a bit more objectiv, huh?:-)
He's been terrible in the last 2 games as well. The only midfielder who can hold his head high after this preseason is Pereira. Both Herrera and McTominay have been shambolic. If those performances were good enough for you, preseason or not then I don't know what else to say to you. He's facing the biggest challenge of his United career, should be giving everything right now to get into the starting 11 against Leicester.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He's been terrible in the last 2 games as well. The only midfielder who can hold his head high after this preseason is Pereira. Both Herrera and McTominay have been shambolic. If those performances were good enough for you, preseason or not then I don't know what else to say to you. He's facing the biggest challenge of his United career, should be giving everything right now to get into the starting 11 against Leicester.
he was certainly really good second half the game on Tuesday, thats no question about it, if you dont agree feel free to rewatch it, cant argue about the rest of the games because I dont remember them that clearly but I think he was just average. What I found stupid though is that people want him to be sold. He might not be a starter for us but a great squad player tp have for sure, he had so many good games against top sides and swinning the POTY that he cant regress just like this. He is still valuable fullstop

edcunited1878

Looked extremely gassed again when he went off. Lots of huffing and puffing from the central area today but that shouldn't have been a surprise. He'll be fine once the setup is made for the league campaign.

Loublaze

ATLien
he was certainly really good second half the game on Tuesday, thats no question about it, if you dont agree feel free to rewatch it, cant argue about the rest of the games because I dont remember them that clearly but I think he was just average. What I found stupid though is that people want him to be sold. He might not be a starter for us but a great squad player tp have for sure, he had so many good games against top sides and swinning the POTY that he cant regress just like this. He is still valuable fullstop
I don't think he should be sold either.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Dreadful this pre-season. Really, really, really bad. Off the pace when trying to tackle, poor in possession. Very worrying. Should fall behind Pereira and Fred in the pecking order.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's shite. Should be added to the list of deadwood. Will probably stay for another 2/3 years in and around the team because he's 'passionate' and 'gets United' etc. Useless midfielder.
Can't see him lasting that long, if Mourinho's still here next summer I don't think Herrera will be.

Godfather

His attitude is top notch. That's about it though. He was wank last season and will be this season.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
so funny that everyone is on top of him for a bad performance but the same people say nothing after he puts in MOTM. There was no better player in our shirt last night, complete midfield performance from Ander

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Absolutely no problems with him as an important squad player.

AR87

Selling Herrera would be stupid because for the first time in years we actually have a number of quality options and good depth in midfield with Herrera, Pogba, Matic, Fred, Pereira, the much maligned Fellaini and McTominay.

Herrera as a nailed on starter week in, week out isn't great, nor is it when you have to depend on him as a creative force. When you can shuffle him in and out to rest players, rotate because of injuries or for specifical tactical reasons (i.e. man marking Hazard in a make shift back 3) he's an excellent player to have.

kundalini

Failing to jump at the corner from which they scored, therefore allowing a straightforward header to score, just about summed up Anders' performance. Seemed to lose possession within a second or two most times he got the ball. Our midfield was awful.

Riz

Not performance based but...
Don’t think he’ll be missed much. Be a shame not to get a fee though. Nowadays we could probably fetch £20m for him, maybe more.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
If we're entirely honest with ourselves, Bilbao, or Tottenham is about his real level.

meamth

Don’t think he’ll be missed much. Be a shame not to get a fee though. Nowadays we could probably fetch £20m for him, maybe more.
Another media propaganda to gain click bait. Herrera always so passionate about the club, this is just another crap journalism.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Another media propaganda to gain click bait. Herrera always so passionate about the club, this is just another crap journalism.
He is but that's not a reason to keep him around (it's like keeping Mata because he's a nice guy). Herrera's never lived up to his potential for us so I'm not against him leaving next summer

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Has to start the next game. Every f’n season he starts outside of the first XI and every year he forces his way back in cos he’s one of the few who puts it on the line for the fans.

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Really adds very little these days. Still like the guy and would probably keep him as backup but to be starting games like this you need to bring more to the table.

Bwuk

I really like Herrera.

You can’t blame him for tonight. Why on Earth did we play him at CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.