Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally Cinnamon

He's a footballer, and we need a footballer. That Thiago thread has melted my brain into nothing.

Ekeke

I'm never sure on here to be honest. I think it's gone over your head though, I probably should have said "whoosh" a post or two back.
Should have said it after people responded to your idea about buying Veloso. Got us good with that one

Ferguson

ANDER-HERRERRAH he's a fantasista.
ANDER-HERRERRAH he isn't a trequartista.
To the left, to the right, to the Spanish beat tonight.
He is class with a brass, and he shits on Spain's regista.

Brophs

The One and Only
The transfer forum has really gone to pot of late, and that's saying something.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The fact that we have whole forum for stuff that's 99.99% bollox means it's partly our fault. A transfer thread in the football forum and a United Transfer Thread in the United forum would be better, .

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
The transfer forum has really gone to pot of late, and that's saying something.
I blame the Hazard fiasco - happened way too early; usually matters like that drag on well into July at least. Now there isn't much to obsess over and the forum is suffering for it.

Sad sight :(

Ish

Lights on for Luke
From the limited times I've seen him, I'd describe him as a superior Joe Allen type of player.

Might be wrong though. Hope some more knowledgable caftard can shed some light.

Ekeke

So this lad's name seems to be cropping up more and more when Bilbao are mentioned, but I've never seen him in action. Can anyone shed some light on how good/what type of player he is?
Was in the hole midfielder/am behind a striker for Spain national youth side. At Bilbao he's playing in a 3 in midfield next to a defensive midfielder and De Marcos who is high energy. I believe Ander is playing a more defensive role than in the past and that helps explain why he has 2 red cards already this season as he learns to control his discipline. He's 6 feet tall so he's not one of Spain's small more fragile midfielders but he's a good passer who can create.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Excellent feet, great instinctive dribbler in central areas. I'd say he's a similar player to Jack Wilshere. Great touch, good short-passing game, and can skip away from challenges in a busy central midfield. I have been a fan for a while, and I'd love him here, although doubt it will ever materialise with Cleverley and Powell around.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Was in the hole midfielder/am behind a striker for Spain national youth side. At Bilbao he's playing in a 3 in midfield next to a defensive midfielder and De Marcos who is high energy. I believe Ander is playing a more defensive role than in the past and that helps explain why he has 2 red cards already this season as he learns to control his discipline. He's 6 feet tall so he's not one of Spain's small more fragile midfielders but he's a good passer who can create.
I believe one of those red cards was a laughable decision for two handballs the second one where he turned his back to the ball it hit his arm by his side and he was still sent off.

Edit: Might have been Javi Martinez last season, certainly happened to a Bilbao player.

yamo123x

Super young player haven't seen us linked with him lately tho. Would like Munain here most of all.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

His game against us. Improved vastly last season in terms of consistency. Box-to-box. Dynamic. Creative. Aggressive. Technical. Great passer of the ball - short or long, one-touch play, left or right foot. And young. Can't believe he is still in Bilbao. If Manchester United buy Fabregas, I bet Barcelona will replace him with Ander Herrera. Would suit Manchester United perfectly, though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

His game against us. Improved vastly last season in terms of consistency. Box-to-box. Dynamic. Creative. Aggressive. Technical. Great passer of the ball - short or long, one-touch play, left or right foot. And young. Can't believe he is still in Bilbao. If Manchester United buy Fabregas, I bet Barcelona will replace him with Ander Herrera. Would suit Manchester United perfectly, though.
He was amazing in that game. I have no idea if that's how good he is generally or that was him playing out of his skin.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He was amazing in that game. I have no idea if that's how good he is generally or that was him playing out of his skin.

It was him playing towards his potential at the age of 22. Very inconsistent season overall in 11/12, something we saw in other games in Europe that season. On the other hand he has been a lot more consistent this year. I would say that his development are according to schedule, then. Players like Scholes, Xavi, Lampard, Pirlo Modric and Vidal was also closer to 25 before they started playing at their potential at regular basic. Its players in this mould we should be searching for. Not "impossible-to-get-players" like Fabregas. We are not Real Madrid. Nor should we try to be.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Might be made up but I'm sure I read that he has a 36m Euro release clause. Given that it's Bilbao, a buyer either has to activate that clause or wait until he's available for nothing.

He certainly doesn't look like a 36m euro player, presumably the reason why no one has made serious moves from him, despite the fact that he's clearly a very tidy player.

Brightonian

Players like Scholes, Xavi, Lampard, Pirlo Modric and Vidal was also closer to 25 before they started playing at their potential at regular basic. Its players in this mould we should be searching for.
So people like 23-year-old Tom Cleverley? Or is the grass not green enough that close to home?

For me Herrera is not good enough for us to be spending the sort of money we'd have to to get him. He's hyped on here because of a great game against us, but he hasn't proved that he can produce that level consistently.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
So people like 23-year-old Tom Cleverley? Or is the grass not green enough that close to home?

For me Herrera is not good enough for us to be spending the sort of money we'd have to to get him. He's hyped on here because of a great game against us, but he hasn't proved that he can produce that level consistently.

Not many midfielders have proved that they can produce a higher level consistently than Ander did this season in mediocre clubs. Ander Herrera was great this season, consistently. To be able to play further towards his maximum level he might need better players around him. That might be the reasons why we did not manage to see a player like Vidal, or why Gundogan managed to rise his performance so much in Dortmund. Waiting for players to put in world-class performances consistently before purchasing might imply waiting until they have played for a world-class club. Thats an expensive strategy.

That being said, I do agree that £32 mill (or something like that) is £12 mill to much. On the other hand, his wage bill would probably be relatively reasonable. The total would not be that bad. And considering our situation, and his potential, we should be willing to stretch ourselves in my opinion. Tom Cleverley, at the same age, does not have Ander Herreras potential. Besides, we need both anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Herrera is an outstanding talent. It appears you turn your nose against any player who was not developed in Carrington or something.

I imagine he'll sign for Barcelona if Cesc leaves anyway.

Ekeke

I don't think we'd see Barcelona signing him, but he's a good central midfielder and better than Cleverley

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Imagine Herrera, Itturaspe and Susaeta 40m for the three. The cheque book would be out faster than you can say Woodward.

Brightonian

Herrera is an outstanding talent. It appears you turn your nose against any player who was not developed in Carrington or something.
:lol: Just because I think Herrera is overhyped doesn't mean I don't rate any non-United players. Don't be ridiculous. Consider the possibility that like you I have seen a lot of Herrera and I don't think he's quite in the same bracket as some of the other midfielders whose names are being bandied around.

Castia

Would be a great signing, lets wait and see if there's any truth to it.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Would be lovely if true, but doubt it. What's the sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.