Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

Are all the people throwing their toys out of the pram this morning going to give credit where it's due for extricating a player from a club who are notoriously difficult to negotiate with?

I'm looking at you, @Lynk
Its unsurprising to see Lynk throw his toys out of the pram. I've had him on ignore for years.

Revan

Assumptionman
Mother of God, we are signing him. A midfielder. With two legs and normal hair. That is quite good - in fact - that is very good. Amazing.

@Lynk is sad cause he can't blame Woodward for at-least a few hours now.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
People need to learn to be a little patient. We always had this.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
When I logged off last night, he was supposedly at Carrington and now the BBC says Bilbao have rejected a bid. What's happening? Has it gone tits up?

Brophs

The One and Only
I was keeping an eye on who Athletic follow on Twitter. They did follow 36 people... now 35. You guessed it, they have unfollowed Herrera :lol:
Like 14 year olds after their first failed romance.

WHAT???? I was a late bloomer, okay?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
When I logged off last night, he was supposedly at Carrington and now the BBC says Bilbao have rejected a bid. What's happening? Has it gone tits up?
Are you not reading this thread? Its basically a done deal. Herrera submitted what he has to regarding his buyout clause. Athletic have sort of announced it on their website.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't triggering the clause mean we end up paying way more due to taxes?

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Doesn't triggering the clause mean we end up paying way more due to taxes?
Nobody really has a definitive answer on this. All we know (or think we know) is that Bayern didn't when they signed Martinez in the same manner.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As I demanded this morning, official United confirmation on about 250 pages. Worthy offering to Ander.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Around £28-29m which is around 36m Euros.
I was just reading a telegraph story that went up 30 mins ago saying Bilbao reject our £28 million offer.

I don't get why we would make an offer if we could just get him to buyout his contract. Probably just paper rubbish though.

goin4glory

So much for us not being able to attract players without Champions League football when he's leaving a club in the Champions league to join us.

RedBistro

Next person to ask: "what is happening?" I'm sending you a picture of my bumhole.

Sam

It looks like we've executed this deal perfectly. Fair play to Woodward and the club.

As an aside though, I really don't like they way Athletico vilify any player who leaves. Surely they can understand why players would want to move on to bigger clubs?

stu_1992

Well this has turned around quite dramatically since I lasted checked it around lunch time. Great news, now to just await the pictures of him at the training ground. I hope he turns out a great signing for us, I certainly feel way more positive than when we signed that other "midfielder" last year.

Also just want to say that Athletic Bilbao have came across very bitter in al this. I never saw the likes of the farce this morning on Twitter and that statement, when announcing his buy-out, was extremely bitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.