Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
COPE, Spanish radio station. They were talking about Thiago to Bayern before most I think.
Yeah, they broke the Thiago Bayern news when everyone was saying us, then Guardiola confirmed it the next day.

Revan

Assumptionman
Reports in Spain that United have bid €30m for Herrera. Too goo to be true...?
That's a lot of money. Knowing Woody we have bid 3m but somehow they have added the 0 after the number 3.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How good is Herrera? I remember him playing really well against us but I haven't seen much of him beyond that. Certainly seems to be the type of midfielder I'd like us to get, so is he quality?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Decent little player but certainly an extortionate price if we are genuinely in for him.

If he performed and we were successful there is no issue, but given the uncertainty about united for the forseeable future fans aren't going to be filled with confidence about anyone who isn't a big name.

Wouldn't be against Herrera though, we need a new midfielder...at this stage I think anyone decent will do to ensure we have some level of depth. I really don't see us getting Fletcher back anywhere near his previous level, or at all.

MDFC Manager

Looks really expensive to me... but with signing even Fellaini being uncertain at this point, I guess its worth it.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I've honestly not watched him nearly enough to judge him, but if he's good enough and the club are truly interested I really don't hope they piss about just for €6m.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Moyes wasn't sure about Thiago coping in the PL I cant see why his opinion of Herrera would be any different

Revan

Assumptionman
Too late to get him by using the release clause I'm afraid (even if we want to).

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Seems out of the blue, the little bits I've seen and read about him makes me excited.

Incredible the depth of Spanish players. At 24 and being linked with large moves like this and never capped. Look at England, the moment a player shows on ounce of potential they get the call.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
A very good player, i remember he did well against us at OT but is he worth £31m euros?

IF we sign him then i would also want Fellaini too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just when I thought my heart had found peace for the summer. I am a big Herrerra fan, been singing his praises for a couple of years now. Technically superb, great feet and passing off of both feet.

Must say I thought he'd end up at Barcelona.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If Moyes wasn't sure about Thiago coping in the PL I cant see why his opinion of Herrera would be any different

By all accounts, Moyes had concerns over Thiago's ability to handle the physicality. Anyone who saw Herrera against United when Bilbao destroyed us would be hard pressed to think he'd struggle with the physical aspect.

Anyway, COPE's report says that we've offered €30m but Bilbao aren't minded to enter negotiations, meaning the only way United will get him is to trigger the clause. Come on Woodward, it's only another €6m!

walsh

Just fecking buy him, give them what they want. Our budget for the summer was apparently 'unlimited' so if we end up spending £30m there can't be too many complaints from upstairs. If true, Moyes seems determined to buy a Spanish midfielder.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just when I thought my heart had found peace for the summer. I am a big Herrerra fan, been singing his praises for a couple of years now. Technically superb, great feet and passing off of both feet.

Must say I thought he'd end up at Barcelona.
That is what i thought, i think there was some talk of him leaving earlier in the summer but i guess with Fabregas staying and the fact Real have bought a few players then it would seem logical his next move might out of the La liga.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Incredible the depth of Spanish players. At 24 and being linked with large moves like this and never capped. Look at England, the moment a player shows on ounce of potential they get the call.
Well...Andy Carroll only played a couple of matches for England before making his mega buck deal to Liverpool. I love how you can bring Carroll to almost any example.

I agree with what you are saying though!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Just fecking buy him, give them what they want. Our budget for the summer was apparently 'unlimited' so if we end up spending £30m there can't be too many complaints from upstairs. If true, Moyes seems determined to buy a Spanish midfielder.
This. We have fecked about enough. Let's not fail again for the sake of 6m

MDFC Manager

I've honestly not watched him nearly enough to judge him, but if he's good enough and the club are truly interested I really don't hope they piss about just for €6m.
That sums up my take on this situation too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.