Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Thought this lad was brilliant tonight, only the second time I've seen him though. The first time was for Spain u21's and I thought 'this guy is good but surely a Barca youngster'.

What were his passing stats like tonight? I'm looking forward to the second leg already just to see if he can play that well again.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He was superb, would not mind him here at all (same applies for Martinez and Munain), it's unfortunately a bit more difficult to find passing stats for the Europa League.

gaz1185

Can't find any passing stats in the Europa League, but here's his passing stats from La Liga this season:

Apps......Assists......Key Passes ......Avg. Passes......Pass Suc%
15(5).........5...............1.2 ................52.5...............80.7

Not quite reaching the heights of Carrick & Scholes 90.1% / 90.5% pass rate so far this season, but still not bloody bad!

Ekeke

He can get forward and support the striker too. And at 6'0 he can get his head on things as well. I'm glad to see him getting credit as well as the likes of Llorente, Munian and Martinez because his name isnt as well known as they are. What a ball for De Marcos' goal as well. Retains the ball, supports the striker, creates chances and can score with his feet and head. What more do you want? If he was a bit more flashy in his style he'd be on the lips of all the transfer muppets.

pocco

loco
He can get forward and support the striker too. And at 6'0 he can get his head on things as well. I'm glad to see him getting credit as well as the likes of Llorente, Munian and Martinez because his name isnt as well known as they are. What a ball for De Marcos' goal as well. Retains the ball, supports the striker, creates chances and can score with his feet and head. What more do you want? If he was a bit more flashy in his style he'd be on the lips of all the transfer muppets.
That ball to Susaeta aswell, that was by Herrera too wasn't it? The one where Susaeta tried to lob De Gea.

This lad wasn't flashy but there was more substance to his play. Fergie will like this, I'm sure. I'd lve to know these stats for last night though, he was literally all over the pitch and linking up everything.

Ekeke

That ball to Susaeta aswell, that was by Herrera too wasn't it? The one where Susaeta tried to lob De Gea.

This lad wasn't flashy but there was more substance to his play. Fergie will like this, I'm sure. I'd lve to know these stats for last night though, he was literally all over the pitch and linking up everything.
I think so yeah.

Thats what I'm a fan of too, because as we all know looking classy on the ball and putting a few stepovers into your game means you cost about £5 million more but doesnt make a great difference to your effectiveness on the pitch. Still he brought out the flashy passes now and again during the match and most importantly, they worked.

pocco

loco
I think so yeah.

Thats what I'm a fan of too, because as we all know looking classy on the ball and putting a few stepovers into your game means you cost about £5 million more but doesnt make a great difference to your effectiveness on the pitch. Still he brought out the flashy passes now and again during the match and most importantly, they worked.
Yeah he picked his moments well, his decision making was top notch. His ability to use quick footwork to get out of situations and flicks round defenders were also good. Another performance like that in the second leg and we have to take notice.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He was very solid for Spain during the U21 EC last summer. I did not read to much into it at the time, because its very difficult to judge a player based on a performance in a tournament like this. Actually I have not seen much of him since, but on Thursday I was very, very impressed.

He put down one of the best midfield displays I have seen at Old Trafford for a very long time. According to Telegraph he had 96 passes, with a completion rate of 91 %. That is more than Giggs and Jones put together. Iturraspe and Martinez was second on the list with 63 passes (and a completion rate of 90 for both of them). He was obviously the focal point of their team, and a player who always was available for a pass. That is a great quality to have. He also had an excellent work rate, and came across as a player who could play in a 442.

With great technique, awareness, quick feet (though not fast) and intensity to his game he came across as a typical, well schooled, Spanish midfielder. That is obviously a compliment these days, and just as obvious a player we lack in our team. Herrera proved that he is definitely one to watch for Ferguson.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I find it hard to judge opposition players in games against us and probably didnt notice him amidst the cohesiveness of the bilbao unit. I noticed munain much more because he was obviously more of a flair player and also because he's more well know so the commentators would make sure one knows his involvement.

So, what are his defensive abilities like?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Hope so. Martinez would be a wet dream.

Susaeta, Herrera or Ituraspe would be more our style. To be fair i'd have all three!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Herrera, Javi Martinez or Muniain would be better signings than Gaitan. Imo Martinez would be the perfect signing but Herrera was impressive against us and looks a very good player himself.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'd like to recommend Herrera as someone to obsess over this summer. There doesn't seem to be much buzz around him compared to some others this summer, we might be able to go under the radar on this one.

Would make losing Pogba much easier to take.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was very poor in the Europa League final, looked orite when he came on against Barca the other night, only signed for Bilbao last summer so he wont be going anywhere this summer.

Martinez and Muniain are both better talents as well.

MUFC07

To the Herrera thread!!

To the Muniain thread!!!

To the Kagawa thread!!!

Open new threads!!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Ander Herrera ‏@anderherrera8

@rioferdy5 it was a pleasure for me to share the antidoping control and a good chat with you about football in Bilbao.Regards
Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5

@anderherrera8 nice to hear from you! Was great to meet you. Good to see a young player who loves the game purely for what it is.
Its ON!!!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Good work Rio, the best way to recruit a player may well be through other players. if Rio wants to suggest that he'd fit in well at United and should join us immediately he's not breaking any rules.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Anders has obviously been taking English lessons is preparation for his move :drool:. He's already better than Rio.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Are there any rules about players trying to recruit players from other teams?
I don't see how you can legislate friends saying they'd like to work together, besides it happens all the time, like Scrumpet's example.

But then coaches are often talking about other team's players and never seem to be punished either.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Are there any rules about players trying to recruit players from other teams?
There are rules, but they don't apply if you have a mouthpiece/fanzine dressed-up as a sports publication that happens to feature relatives of rival players talking about how he should join Real Madrid before those relatives die :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.