Ander Herrera: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the right man for Man United despite 'tough job ahead'

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Buy a capable midfielder like Neves or Tielemans and this prick will be forgotten.
What a stupid post, calling one of the few players who actually looked like he cared, a prick, hope you don't get through the newbie system.

Canagel

Some caf posts from his first and second season here:

How does Fellaini get so much shit and this guy gets away with everything? After Di Maria, one of the worst signings in the clubs history.

He's crap but just like Mata as he's a "nice guy" gets away with murder.

He's lucky that he didn't play next to someone like Keane. He is spineless and loses every 50/50.

He's been terrible this season. Don't think he knows what he's supposed to be doing

He has been shocking, A little pussy out there. Disgraceful effort

Spineless pussy, he is the epitome of what is wrong with this team

I love Herrera but he was absolutely brainless tonight

Complete crap season from him

He's been utter garbage for a few months now, might be best to just sit him out for the rest of the season.

We would have lost nothing by keeping hold of Tom Cleverley and keeping this chancer in Spain

He has regressed so much this season from last season, it's absurd

he's a kidder when it comes to the physical stuff. Quite clever at making himself look up for a battle but when it comes to a 50/50 my money's on the other bloke.

Cowardly display I'm a fan of Herrera but he looked like he shit himself

Complete lack of discipline

He was terrible and ill-disciplined which makes you wonder why he lasted as long as he did. Been disappointing this season

He's had a woeful season. I don't think he's got much of a future here either

He's turned into the kinda player we easily laugh at. He's pointless, can't control, can't pass and concedes a stupid amount of dangerous FKs

Every time he is poor or nothing special theres a good excuse amd it some other player's fault.

He's just not going to look good unless we have Carrick, or more ideally a "new Carrick", behind him

Weak and ineffective. Simply hasn't got the dynamism to be a Utd player.

He looks a shadow of the player we saw in the second half of last season. Frail, ill-disciplined, unintelligent, inconsistent technique, inaccurate passing; Just a miserable performance.

He's having a rubbish season. He's overrated on here

The only thing he guarantees consistently is a cheap yellow card and a half-arsed dive in a lame attempt to win a pen.

He's had a shocking season, especially given the expectations we had for him

Talks the talk but on the pitch the guy needs an overhaul

He's been such a disappointment. If Mourinho comes in, is he safe this summer? I'd question it.

The season has been a complete and utter write off for him.
Great post .Fans now acting like he is some example to be followed when in reality he had been as inconsistent as the rest. 2 managers had never chosen him as fix for the season.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Sooooo many caf posters take shit so personally like little high school teenagers. I'd ban so many of you if I could.

Loublaze

ATLien
Great post .Fans now acting like he is some example to be followed when in reality he had been as inconsistent as the rest. 2 managers had never chosen him as fix for the season.
This. He's never been a dead cert starter. He's been mistreated by the club though, 200k a week player. feck outta here :lol:. I doubt he'll complete the duration of his PSG contract but he'll say nice things to please the fans.

roseguy64

I have been following this forum since 2010, I hardly post but used to read through all posts. And honestly I have never seen this forum turn so much caustic. Fans are turning on managers without even giving them a proper chance. No regard for club legends. We used to mock talking reds forums for it's stupidity, what the heck is happening here??
Less success so bitterness rises. People looking for something/someone to blame.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Loublaze still trying to convince the world Herrera is shit? :lol: It's unhealthy mate.

I'm just going to address the salty and petulant posts about Ander with what I said in the thread about Herrera's departure...

Pleased that Ander's getting mostly positive wishes; the salty ones calling him a money-grabber etc. are pathetic.

If we'd offered him say £130-£150K a year earlier, I guarantee he'd have signed. I think it was the lackadaisical attitude towards renewing his contract and subsequent feeling of not being valued that's led to his departure.

Secondly, even though £200K is certainly too steep for a player with his limitations (though he's still been a good signing), those accusing him of chasing the money should take into account that the fact he didn't quibble with £70K for years is impressive when you compare his salary to others in the squad - so many players with far less ability are on far more money:
  • Phil Jones is on £120K for God's sake, and he's a terrible footballer who's also always injured.
  • Martial, a perennial sulker who delivers once every 10 matches and doesn't give a solitary shit is on £250K.
  • Juan Mata, who I love as a human being but is pretty much on a par with Herrera in terms of his contribution is on £140K.
  • Matic has been largely shocking for us and is on £120K.
  • Ashley Young is on £110K. Ashley Young. Let that sink in for a moment.
  • Jesse "I don't score or assist" Lingard is on £100K.
Being paid significantly less than these wasters must have pissed Ander off no end and contributed towards his excessive demands.

Lastly, here's a question to those criticising Herrera - if you were a Spanish born player who didn't grow up as a United fan, would you really turn down this offer from PSG, even if you grew to love United?

He's getting a £130K pay rise, guaranteed league titles for the next few years, and guaranteed CL knockout football. It's petulant to expect every United player to hold the same undying loyalty to the club that you do as a supporter. If you were offered a new job that trebled your salary, no one would criticise accepting this, even if you had an affinity with your current company.

Loublaze

ATLien
@Loublaze still trying to convince the world Herrera is shit? :lol: It's unhealthy mate.
He's nothing special and im not trying to convince anyone, those are posts from his first two seasons and there are more examples. He was never anything more than a rotational player. LVG and Mourinho both trusted Fellaini (who was nothing special either) more. Matic too for Mourino

ti vu

Haha. Hat of to Mr Jones.

No doubt Woodgate is responsible, although I am quite sure if Ole in March, having seen Herrera as one of his preferred eleven in a wonderstreak (and having followed United closely as a fan previously, not to forget), felt that Herrera was an important player to his project, he would have said to Woodgate something along the lines of ‘we need him, match the PsG offer’, and said to Herrera: I really want you in my plans, please do stay for three years’, it would have carried a lot of weight. I don’t know this for a fact, of course, but I would be surprised if Solskjær viewed him as an essential piece and had no influence.
Even OGS requests, Woodward (Who is Woodgate) can decline OGS request for all we know. The decision ultimately is in Woodward hand. And for all we know, Ander might already sign pre agreement with PSG by that time. From a player perspective, it's understanding he has to look after himself or he risked an big injury and ended up with no club

BlueHaze

I'm just going to address the salty and petulant posts about Ander with what I said in the thread about Herrera's departure...

Pleased that Ander's getting mostly positive wishes; the salty ones calling him a money-grabber etc. are pathetic.

If we'd offered him say £130-£150K a year earlier, I guarantee he'd have signed. I think it was the lackadaisical attitude towards renewing his contract and subsequent feeling of not being valued that's led to his departure.

Secondly, even though £200K is certainly too steep for a player with his limitations (though he's still been a good signing), those accusing him of chasing the money should take into account that the fact he didn't quibble with £70K for years is impressive when you compare his salary to others in the squad - so many players with far less ability are on far more money:
  • Phil Jones is on £120K for God's sake, and he's a terrible footballer who's also always injured.
  • Martial, a perennial sulker who delivers once every 10 matches and doesn't give a solitary shit is on £250K.
  • Juan Mata, who I love as a human being but is pretty much on a par with Herrera in terms of his contribution is on £140K.
  • Matic has been largely shocking for us and is on £120K.
  • Ashley Young is on £110K. Ashley Young. Let that sink in for a moment.
  • Jesse "I don't score or assist" Lingard is on £100K.
Being paid significantly less than these wasters must have pissed Ander off no end and contributed towards his excessive demands.

Lastly, here's a question to those criticising Herrera - if you were a Spanish born player who didn't grow up as a United fan, would you really turn down this offer from PSG, even if you grew to love United?

He's getting a £130K pay rise, guaranteed league titles for the next few years, and guaranteed CL knockout football. It's petulant to expect every United player to hold the same undying loyalty to the club that you do as a supporter. If you were offered a new job that trebled your salary, no one would criticise accepting this, even if you had an affinity with your current company.
I don't want to live after reading this. Jones was on 50k a week prior to extending. He actually got a 70k RISE? I knew about Young making 110k a week already but seriously most of us bust our arses off the entire week meanwhile these horrifically bad players get payed absurd sums.

Absolutely disgusting.

Will Singh

Sometimes I can show no mercy but this place is pushing me to new heights, people are forgetting how important Herrera has been and he was 1 of the few who showed the United spirit and as someone already pointed out our captain without the armband!

Sorry to see him go and sorry how you was treated....!

beergod

Would anyone stay in their job if their bosses messed them around, then they were headhunted and offered a massive pay rise?

Why are people being salty? He didn't deliberately run his contract down and his comments are not at all outrageous.
I certainly wouldn't have been as professional as he was when underpaid.

Ekeke

He's nothing special and im not trying to convince anyone, those are posts from his first two seasons and there are more examples. He was never anything more than a rotational player. LVG and Mourinho both trusted Fellaini (who was nothing special either) more. Matic too for Mourino
Yes they did thats true. One of the reasons those managers didnt do well and got sacked.

You can probably find a bunch of stupid comments about every player. People think differently and some are quick to throw out insults and suggest that the players are terrible.

But yes for Ander 16/17 was the first season the manager had him in the starting lineup most of the time and it was his breakthrough season at United. The first 2 seasons he played a more attacking role and although he was our goalscoring midfielder, he didn't look a great attacking player.

In the first season he did win the ball a lot but I dont think many people appreciated that because they were expecting a Spanish midfield pass master like a Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas. Not a goal scoring ball winner. It did prompt Scholes to say that he was going to be a midfielder who scored a lot of goals for United though. He was wrong and Ander developed a lot more defensively and played deeper

Loublaze

ATLien
Yes they did thats true. One of the reasons those managers didnt do well and got sacked.

You can probably find a bunch of stupid comments about every player. People think differently and some are quick to throw out insults and suggest that the players are terrible.

But yes for Ander 16/17 was the first season the manager had him in the starting lineup most of the time and it was his breakthrough season at United. The first 2 seasons he played a more attacking role and although he was our goalscoring midfielder, he didn't look a great attacking player.

In the first season he did win the ball a lot but I dont think many people appreciated that because they were expecting a Spanish midfield pass master like a Xavi, Iniesta or Fabregas. Not a goal scoring ball winner. It did prompt Scholes to say that he was going to be a midfielder who scored a lot of goals for United though. He was wrong and Ander developed a lot more defensively and played deeper
What role did he play at Bilboa? Before he signed I read he was indeed more of an attacking midfielder and that's what many supporters thought they were getting. He never did establish himself as a dead cert starter here. Its probably the reason they took time putting an offer on the table because Mourinho was in charge.

Those comments were not stupid, the player did struggle those first two seasons and was largely underwhelming as you acknowledge yourself. Scholes questioned his passing ability and so did Rio, although Rio thought it was a lack of confidence. Never a 200k a week player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Odd then, the frequency in which you post about him. I mean, you're now on to questioning his work rate earlier on at the club. It's bizarre. :confused:

Ekeke

What role did he play at Bilboa? Before he signed I read he was indeed more of an attacking midfielder and that's what many supporters thought they were getting. He never did establish himself as a dead cert starter here. Its probably the reason they took time putting an offer on the table because Mourinho was in charge.

Those comments were not stupid, the player did struggle those first two seasons and was largely underwhelming as you acknowledge yourself. Scholes questioned his passing ability and so did Rio, although Rio thought it was a lack of confidence. Never a 200k a week player
He played in the hole behind the striker, but he pressed and won the ball from there. His creative play wasnt up there with the best players in that kind of #10 position. And he got booked a lot and was sent off that last season so I can remember suggesting back then that he would have trouble playing in a normal central midfield role because of the bookings. I was wrong about that obviously.

Scholes questioned his passing this season I thought? Not in his first 2 seasons. Again after his first season where he scored 6 league goals Scholes was fully hyping him up.