Ander Herrera - PSG player

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

SATA

Mark Noble lifting him off the pitch was perhaps the highlight of his United career here. Can’t believe none of our players went over to him and actually allowed this to happen. We really had some spineless players at that time

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mark Noble lifting him off the pitch was perhaps the highlight of his United career here. Can’t believe none of our players went over to him and actually allowed this to happen. We really had some spineless players at that time
No, that was him getting Gerrard sent off very quickly

Nickelodeon

Are we any better now? The Everton goal on the corner was a clear foul on De Gea. It would certainly have been ruled out by VAR had the players applied some pressure on the ref. Don’t think Fred was wrong about the lack of togetherness point.

Marcelinho87

Herrera is OK, for me was always just a squad player who was overhyped due to his man marking jobs.

Didn't offer anything spectacular and under any team with ambition would always be a bench option.

Red_toad

In addition to his wage he gets a signing on fee over the duration of his contract (much like Sanchez at United). You're quoting his base salary which is not his full earnings, only part of them.

Where did your publication get their information from, that makes is none tabliod BS?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Herrera is OK, for me was always just a squad player who was overhyped due to his man marking jobs.

Didn't offer anything spectacular and under any team with ambition would always be a bench option.
Better than Magic, Fred n Mctomminay though

Ekeke

They're about the same level, I don't understand this need some have to shit on our previous players as a way to justify their departure.
They're quite different though. Fred is better attacking but leaves something to be desired defensively, while Ander takes responsibility with defending and doesnt play with such an expansive passing style

Ekeke

The man marking and defending job, plus being our best player in most big matches is what was spectacular. And we've done nothing to show we're a team with ambition, in fact since he's left we've shown we have very little

Ekeke

Saw a tweet saying he is starting for PSG today...at right back. Looking at the team it looks like they are heavily rotating with the CL midweek.

Seems fair to say he hasn't exactly impressed, which doesn't really surprise me.
He's been out with injury a lot but when he's played he's continued to be a very good ball winner. Its just that in Ligue 1, 20 points clear at the top, when PSG are dominating inferior teams they need players to help break down defenses. So while Ander has won the ball more, Gueye has been the one who offers more offensively as well and is likely to be picked more often when PSG don't have a big attacking threat to deal with from the opposition. PSG are also a much better balanced side and squad than Ander was with at United so he's not going to be as important.

We might see him start in the champions league against another big team where PSG might not think they'll just outscore an opponent

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ahhh, I missed him exchanging the Euros into pounds.

Weird to mentioned pounds to be honest, as the figure could be completely different in a month.
His source is in Euro and the poster he responded to mentioned a wage in Pound sterling.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah but I mean, last June when Ander had already agreed his PSG contract, €650,000 was £575,000. That's a 35 grand difference in just 8 months.
I don't follow, he is paid in Euros and lives in the Eurozone. There is a zero euro difference and it's also a miles away from the 300K reported in the british press.

I don't follow, he is paid in Euros and lives in the Eurozone. There is a zero euro difference and it's also a miles away from the 300K reported in the british press.
I don’t understand why fans exchange salaries from Euros to Pounds or vice versa, as I just showed you, it can change completely in just a few months.
Easier if people just quote the currency they are paid in.

300k is like Sanchez though right JP? As in, that includes the massive signing on fee received by Ander for joining as a free agent, paid over the length of the contract.

JPRouve

Scout
I don’t understand why fans exchange salaries from Euros to Pounds or vice versa, as I just showed you, it can change completely in just a few months.
Easier if people just quote the currency they are paid in.

300k is like Sanchez though right JP? As in, that includes the massive signing on fee received by Ander for joining as a free agent, paid over the length of the contract.
In principle I agree, I don't really like to exchange transfer fees or salaries but bbrbb responded to a post that did it and that used an article in pound, he did it to avoid confusion. As for the bonus part, it's frankly nonsensical(not you but in general) because no one knows how much it represents and all players have them whether we are talking about contract extensions or transfers and no it's not necessarily paid over the length of the contract, it depends on how you negotiated it and some of it can be conditional, typically the "loyalty bonus".

kouroux

They're quite different though. Fred is better attacking but leaves something to be desired defensively, while Ander takes responsibility with defending and doesnt play with such an expansive passing style
They're different footballers for sure but overall their levels, at their best, are pretty similar. Useful players who will never be world class. I'm just bemused by how bitter some of our fans are, to the point of creating their own versions of reality

Ekeke

They're different footballers for sure but overall their levels, at their best, are pretty similar. Useful players who will never be world class. I'm just bemused by how bitter some of our fans are, to the point of creating their own versions of reality
Agreed. Both could be a part of a good team, doing a lot of leg work that the "stars" dont want to do. But they wont be the stars. They can be an important character and bring balance to a team, or specific tactic, but neither will be on the cover of the next Fifa game

Fred recovers an outrageous amount of possession though and works harder than anyone I’ve seen in United’s midfield for years.
People like Kouroux might call it bitter, but in reality I much prefer Fred because he is an expansive player and I simply prefer that type of midfielder to someone who plays within himself. Herrera aside from a handful of big games just always underwhelmed for me, a likeable lad and a decent enough player, but dropped all too regularly by managers which tells a story in itself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hugely underrated player. You would think our inability to control midfield and play out from the back wasn't a glaring weakness. He was and still is massively missed. Retained the ball well and his stats for winning the ball back were as good as anyone's in the premier League era.

If we hadn't fecked around for so long with our contract renewal he'd still here.

kouroux

Fred recovers an outrageous amount of possession though and works harder than anyone I’ve seen in United’s midfield for years.
People like Kouroux might call it bitter, but in reality I much prefer Fred because he is an expansive player and I simply prefer that type of midfielder to someone who plays within himself. Herrera aside from a handful of big games just always underwhelmed for me, a likeable lad and a decent enough player, but dropped all too regularly by managers which tells a story in itself.
I won't call you bitter for that, I'm not like that. You can prefer a player to another with your own valid reasons, it's getting to point when one twists history to say that Herrera was shit. Same thing often happens with Lukaku, Smalling and even Fellaini.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I won't call you bitter for that, I'm not like that. You can prefer a player to another with your own valid reasons, it's getting to point when one twists history to say that Herrera was shit. Same thing often happens with Lukaku, Smalling and even Fellaini.
Herrera isn't shit, he's just never worth the £300K a week that was mooted. For that reason, we were right to let him go.

I don't think he is exactly setting League 1 alight.

Herrera isn't shit, he's just never worth the £300K a week that was mooted. For that reason, we were right to let him go.

This. At the same time, Herrera obviously got a massive signing on fee and a good contract length so fair play on both sides here, him for saying yes and United for saying no. Sometimes things just make more sense, Young to Inter, Haaland to Dortmund, Herrera to PSG etc.

Ekeke

Right. But neither should he have been offered a paycut which is also what was mooted. For that reason, we were stupid

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
At that time? We still do. The squad is littered with scared, don't-give-a-feck pricks.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Right. But neither should he have been offered a paycut which is also what was mooted. For that reason, we were stupid
Duncan Castles who is just agenda driven cnut reported it, obviously we are stupid but not that stupid.

Like others reported, the timing was the issue and how we handled the negotiations, like extending his contract without any formal notice or how late we left the talks which pisses off any player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The highlight was probably winning the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year. Or being a key player in our FA Cup win or Europa League win.

Champagne Football

I’d have Herrera over Fred any day of the week.
Id have McTominay and Fred over Herrera any day. Herrera could never string a run of more than 2 decent performances together as he was just not cut out physically for the premier league. He'd come off the bench and have a really top performance, then he'd be the worst player on the pitch the following week as his body couldn't handle it. But stick him in the team in the league cup or against weak Europa League opposition and he'd always stand out as that was his level really.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Id have McTominay and Fred over Herrera any day. Herrera could never string a run of more than 2 decent performances together as he was just not cut out physically for the premier league. He'd come off the bench and have a really top performance, then he'd be the worst player on the pitch the following week as his body couldn't handle it. But stick him in the team in the league cup or against weak Europa League opposition and he'd always stand out as that was his level really.
Is this about Herrera or Depay?