Ander Herrera - PSG player

Walters_19_MuFc

Still average. Actually, when I saw PSG's midfield, I was quietly confident. Hard-working, yes, but in terms of creativity, there's not much.

Verrati and Paredes would usually start. Ander did look really good last CL final though. Today he was invisable
feck me @Stadjer, Ander made just 23 passes in that CL final and was pulled at 71 minutes. Yes there were a couple of nice passes in there, but 23 passes from a CM isn't "looking very good". Just as with his time here, the CL final was him being "alright" on the less dominant side.

I liked Ander, but he's quite frankly the most overrated United player in my entire lifetime, all cause he apparently "got the club", whereas his departure actually suggests otherwise.

I've mentioned before that Fred is much better than him so wasn't surprised at all as to what happened when they faced off.

Stadjer

feck me @Stadjer, Ander made just 23 passes in that CL final and was pulled at 71 minutes. Yes there were a couple of nice passes in there, but 23 passes from a CM isn't "looking very good". Just as with his time here, the CL final was him being "alright" on the less dominant side.

I liked Ander, but he's quite frankly the most overrated United player in my entire lifetime, all cause he apparently "got the club", whereas his departure actually suggests otherwise.

I've mentioned before that Fred is much better than him so wasn't surprised at all as to what happened when they faced off.
He created a huge chance for Di Maria if i remember correctly. I didnt look at the stats from him in the final but he was involved in PSG their dangerous moments. He isnt an amazing player and Fred is, at the very least, not worse than him.

PSG midfielders dont have to make loads of passes. They dont play tika taka. Get the ball as quickly as possible to Di Maria, Mbappe or Neymar and provide cover. That is their job and Ander does do that job well.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Love him but it was the right decision to let him go. Scot and Fred offers more than him .

acnumber9

He’s always been a cnut. People just fell for his badge kissing shctick.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Does anybody seriously still buy into his club man bullshit? He's a mercenary cnut who held the club to ransom and then like Lukaku, LVG and Mourinho, attempted to use the dislike of upper managment to weazle his way out of coming off like the mercenary cnut he is.

RedDevil@84

Does anybody seriously still buy into his club man bullshit? He's a mercenary cnut who held the club to ransom and then like Lukaku, LVG and Mourinho, attempted to use the dislike of upper managment to weazle his way out of coming off like the mercenary cnut he is.
That's bullshit. He played his heart out for Man Utd. Now he is doing that for PSG. He is not the one who goes to PSG and says "I wanted out of Man Utd in 2 days" or such nonsense,
Yes, he is a cnut and comes with a shady bag of tricks. But that's how he ticks and good for him.

Ekeke

Came on, won the ball pressing Fred which started the move where PSG had Bakker's shot saved by DDG and they scored from the corner. The end of that was 3 mins after he came on. Another 4 mins later and Fred is sent off.

All downhill for United from there

Idxomer

I can honestly say I've always disliked his playacting and diving, same as Ashley Young when he was at United.

arnie_ni

Think he'd slot right in beside dvb and Bruno and take us to another level. He's so good at breaking up play

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Changed the game when he came on, no matter how he did it.

He doesn't come on, PSG don't win.

arnie_ni

Came on, won the ball pressing Fred which started the move where PSG had Bakker's shot saved by DDG and they scored from the corner. The end of that was 3 mins after he came on. Another 4 mins later and Fred is sent off.

All downhill for United from there
Yep, changed the game for them i thought. It was even him who had the shot that then led to the goal.

RedDevil@84

Screaming his head off when Fred clearly got the ball first

twat
He is here to help his team to win. It was obvious his first job will be to get Fred sent off. I even called it on the matchday thread, the moment he was subbed on.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
We always knew he was a twat, it should be no surprise he acted like it against us in order to win for his team - it’s kinda his job basically.

Zoo

I don’t think he changed anything. Tuchel did that by changing the shape moving Neymar and Mbappe centrally. Herrera ran around a lot and theatricallly seized his chance to get someone sent off

arnie_ni

Yeah, what a shot...
He was involved in everything. Won the ball to start their counter that led to the corner.

Had the shot for the goal.

Won the ball of Fred that got him sent of.

Broke up play all over the park.

Ekeke

Yep, changed the game for them i thought. It was even him who had the shot that then led to the goal.
True. I think he obviously had an impact, I think it was more than just Ander coming on that changed the game though.

Its also on Fred getting caught on the ball and our usual trouble defending a corner. Seems like every season for years thats how we concede goals often. And then of course Fred diving in when hes lucky to be on the pitch and/or Ole not taking him off. So he had an impact, Fred's immaturity and our ability to defend set pieces played into it and the combination of those 3 led to the change in the scoreline. Then there was bringing AWB off and PSG scoring from a break down our right side right after, with Maguire diving in ahead of the halfwayline and never getting back to defend the chance properly for the final goal.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Did what he does, we've replaced him wih Fred, which IMO was a downgrade (Herrera is less expansive in possession, and maybe covers less ground, but more disciplined, and tidier with the ball).

Member 90887

He was involved in everything. Won the ball to start their counter that led to the corner.

Had the shot for the goal.

Won the ball of Fred that got him sent of.

Broke up play all over the park.
It's easy to do when you're playing against 10 men. Fred got sent off 5 minutes after he came on.

You call that a shot?

And he had 14 passes and 2 interceptions and you're saying he broke up play all over the park. And all this against a weakened midfield both in terms of numbers and fatigue.

We saw how good he was in Paris when we played them...

He's nowhere near united quality and today didn't change that perception at all.

arnie_ni

It's easy to do when you're playing against 10 men. Fred got sent off 5 minutes after he came on.

You call that a shot?

And he had 14 passes and 2 interceptions. Against a weakened midfield both in terms of numbers and fatigue.

He's nowhere near united quality and today didn't change that perception at all.
He was the one that got us down to 10 men. He beat Fred to the ball.

He walk into this team ahead of Fred and mct imo

Idxomer

You call that a shot?

And he had 14 passes and 2 interceptions and you're saying he broke up play all over the park. And all this against a weakened midfield both in terms of numbers and fatigue.

Yes, it was a nothing display. United players and coaches shot themselves in the foot, PSG's win had very little to do with themselves.

AshRK

Was never a fan of his and am glad he is no longer here. Average player.

GledTheRed

Did what he does, we've replaced him wih Fred, which IMO was a downgrade (Herrera is less expansive in possession, and maybe covers less ground, but more disciplined, and tidier with the ball).
Fred is way better than Herrera who is shit and a diving cnut.