Ander Herrera - PSG player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was the one that got us down to 10 men. He beat Fred to the ball.

He walk into this team ahead of Fred and mct imo
No he didn’t. Fred got there first. If anything, Hererra fouled him. Watch a replay.

And no way would he walk into this team ahead of Fred. Maybe ahead McT but he has age on his side. Fred is inconsistent but has generally been better for us over the last year than we ever saw from Hererra at United.

GledTheRed

Was one of PSG's best players in a champions league final, while Fred cant stay on the pitch or help us to get one. Fred is better than McTominay
We let him leave for a reason, he's bang average.

Why could he not get a game tonight in front of Paredes and Danilo? Hardly world beaters.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is such an average player I really dont see why people like him over Fred.

The guy is hardly dominant in a whole team game and is only best at marking a single player out of one.

Fred absolutely annihilates his footballing ability.

I find him one of the most overrated United players that gets a bit of love because well - he kind of showed some love to United.

Bwuk

Herrera is a far better player than Fred.

Herrera didn’t give it away in stupid positions constantly, and could actually hold his position at 6. He had far more intelligence in his game.

AndersB

Really liked him as a United player. Surprising how little time it's taken for me to feel he's somewhat of a cnut on the pitch.

Ekeke

Herrera should have dived, feigned injury to get a United player sent off? Weird take but OK.
He won the ball and both went down from Fred's sliding challenge and follow through. He bounced right back up and wanted a freekick, clearly turning to the ref

You're trying to make out he dived and rolled around. He didnt.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Really liked him as a United player. Surprising how little time it's taken for me to feel he's somewhat of a cnut on the pitch.
Seriously? He was an absolutely horrible, snide player at United. Constantly acting the maggot. It was kind of endearing at the time because you knew it must drive rival fans up the wall but it was always going to become intolerable if/when he ended up playing for another club against us.

arnie_ni

Herrera didn’t give it away in stupid positions constantly, and could actually hold his position at 6. He had far more intelligence in his game.
Agree entirely

stevoc

Think he'd slot right in beside dvb and Bruno and take us to another level. He's so good at breaking up play
Its a pity he didn't find the time to take us to another level in the 5 years he was at United.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Exactly the player I didn't want to see come on with Fred on a yellow. He is (and I say this with some affection) a cynical little prick.

Ekeke

What did people expect him to do? Go easy on us? He plays for another team now people...
He was supposed to let Fred have the ball and walk past him, then wipe his ass with some £100 notes so that our fans could say they were right and hes all about money

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Definitely agree. Ander is dependable. Fred is vastly overrated due to his work-rate, there's no other good quality about him.

Obiorahking_

Yeah I take Herrera over Fred 9/10. Herrera is a better passer, comparable workrate, better movement, and better tackling skills. That being said, Fred has made major improvements in his game. At this point last year he couldn't pass the ball 5 feet ahead of him, now he's capable of hitting open runners from yards away, so I wouldn't put it past him to become a better player than Herrera even if he isn't a long term starter here.

Sylar

Herrera had some great assists for United even when playing deeper or being a man marker. I want to see Fred add that especially if he's gonna be box to box

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Fred is way better than Herrera who is shit and a diving cnut.
Herrera went toe-to-toe with the Bayern midfield in the CL final and was their best player. He doesn't have a loose touch. Maybe his tackling isn't as good as Fred's because his second touch isn't always a tackle, maybe he shows less constant energy because he doesn't always have to chase back after passes he misplaced. Even in good games those 2 things are a constant risk with Fred. Maybe he has a higher ceiling, but Herrera is more consistent.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You need cnuts like Herrera in the team tbf. Guys who'd rile opposition up and push the opposition players' buttons. Milking out the most from the faintest of touches to waste time/get an opposition player carded

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is such an average player I really dont see why people like him over Fred.

The guy is hardly dominant in a whole team game and is only best at marking a single player out of one.

Fred absolutely annihilates his footballing ability.

I find him one of the most overrated United players that gets a bit of love because well - he kind of showed some love to United.
He really doesn't now, does he ? Both of them are ok players and that's it. They're more or less at the same level

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I still like Ander, he is nasty and sly, just what this side misses, however neither him or Fred and good enough ability wise to take us back to the top.

He's a cnut on the pitch, we already know that but i cant hate him for it. He always gave his all for us and was better than our managers allowed him to be, but he's a limited player at this age and it's good he's not here anymore. He can't get in an average PSG side now and Fred is that little bit better than him in every area.

Footy van de Geek

Herrera's 2016/2017 season is either undervalued or forgotten about. He was brilliant.

But not consistent enough throughout his entire Manchester United career.

He was PSG's best player against Bayern in The CL final. He created several good chances.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So Fred is going to do more than be one of his teams best players in a champions league final? Looking forward to that, very much dont expect it
So you judge players on one match? Anderson was a big game player, doesn’t mean I thought he shouldn’t be replaced. Lindelof somehow contrives to have some good games, doesn’t mean that I think he shouldn’t be upgraded.
jordan Henderson was good for Liverpool in a CL final doesnt mean that I think he’s a good footballer

in my opinion off course but I think Herrera didn’t become the player he could have been. Loved him though
isint that the difference between potential and actuality though? If Herrera didn’t fulfil his potential - doesn’t mean his potential wasn’t higher than Fred? I think Fred is making the most of his limited ability to be honest.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
isint that the difference between potential and actuality though? If Herrera didn’t fulfil his potential - doesn’t mean his potential wasn’t higher than Fred? I think Fred is making the most of his limited ability to be honest.
I mean that Fred has the potential to be a better player than Herrera was at his peak. Herrera is 31 now so he’s not going to get better.

AndersB

Seriously? He was an absolutely horrible, snide player at United. Constantly acting the maggot. It was kind of endearing at the time because you knew it must drive rival fans up the wall but it was always going to become intolerable if/when he ended up playing for another club against us.
True, for sure, I did notice. Just surprised how quickly the feeling turned for me. He felt intolerable yesterday, and didn't even do that much

izec

Good squad player. Could easily play instead of McTom, Fred or Matic. Much smarter than Fred