Ander Herrera - PSG player

Ekeke

So you judge players on one match? Anderson was a big game player, doesn’t mean I thought he shouldn’t be replaced. Lindelof somehow contrives to have some good games, doesn’t mean that I think he shouldn’t be upgraded.
jordan Henderson was good for Liverpool in a CL final doesnt mean that I think he’s a good footballer
Anderson was not a big game player. The opposite if anything

Actually you probably meant Ander since its his thread, in that case I obviously agree. Ander had more to his game so its hard to see an argument for why Fred would have a "higher ceiling".

stevoc

He was player of the season in our best season since saf retired
I’m aware he was player of the season in 16/17 but that doesn’t negate my point.

Look I liked Herrera he’s a good player but I just don’t agree he’s a player capable of taking United to another level and putting us into title contention.

He was here for 5 years and never showed the ability to be that level of player. At 30 I doubt he’s ever going to either.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I still like Ander, he is nasty and sly, just what this side misses, however neither him or Fred and good enough ability wise to take us back to the top.
I agree, but Herrera would still be a valuable asset to the team. He's a lot better than Donny, Fred and McTominay, more reliable than Matic, and always brought the best out of Pogba when playing together.

He was better defensively than all of those midfielders, was reliable in possession, was one of the best big game players we've had post Fergie, etc. Our midfield still needed strengthening with him and a younger Matic, but we actually downgraded by adding Fred, McTominay and Donny. Incredibly silly from us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm okay without my midfielder diving about everywhere to influence the sport when he can hardly pass, defend or attack to influence from centre midfield instead.

The sport has progressed too much in the last few years to have just one or two clubs fighting for a trophy with a midget like Herrera trying to influence red cards rather than influencing the football directly by goals in and out whilst influencing points and growth as a whole team.

Conor

Considering there are cameras at the majority of traffic lights in cities, it's a bold claim to make(if he's spoofing).

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Them Bois de Boulogne ain't for everybody.

ashneel

So Bois de Boulogne is a prostitute hotspot, his car stops at the traffic lights and a transsexual opens Herrera's car and robs him of his mobile phone. He then negotiates to have his phone back for 200 Euros and drops that person further away.. Could happen to any of us

Brophs

The One and Only
As a mate said in a WhatsApp group, don’t all modern cars have doors that autolock after a few seconds? Maybe it was an inside job.

AneRu

Our midfield misses Ander
He wasn't world class but he still is what we needed as he had a balanced skill set. Very good harrier but with enough ball skills to pass it around, score the odd goal or get an important assist.

How Woodward and Co thought leaving his contract until the last year was a good move is one of his worst decisions among many. He is much better that McTominay and Fred.

Sviken

How Woodward and Co thought leaving his contract until the last year was a good move is one of his worst decisions among many. He is much better that McTominay and Fred.
I just do not understand our board sometimes (okay, more like all of the time). They think Ander would cost too much, but yet they're content to hand out expensive contracts like candy to Martial, Baily, Jones, Mata, Matic, etc when they barely any football whatsoever and most of the time they spent injured? This level of incompetency is borderline criminal.

AneRu

I just do not understand our board sometimes (okay, more like all of the time). They think Ander would cost too much, but yet they're content to hand out expensive contracts like candy to Martial, Baily, Jones, Mata, Matic, etc when they barely any football whatsoever and most of the time they spent injured? This level of incompetency is borderline criminal.
Self sabotage to be honest, imagine we kept Jones and let Herrera go. Like you said, it's criminal negligence.

MattofManchester

Self sabotage to be honest, imagine we kept Jones and let Herrera go. Like you said, it's criminal negligence.
It's more baffling that we'd decided to spend 50 mil on his B-Tec addition in preparation for his leaving.

lex talionis

Whenever I see Ander’s name pop up here, I’m reminded of the stupidity of our board. Fred and McTominay are massive downgrades from Herrera.