Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootsyCollins

IF this goes thru we are as dumb as can be.
We should have renewed his contract years ago.

Football changing and its fast becoming a players world, with more powerful agents(not saying that is the case here) and more powerful players.

steakpie

What is Woodward playing at? Giving a new contract to Jones but not Herrera.

Robertd0803

Utterly stupid if this happens. Instead of trying to make the team stronger in the summer we are weakening it.

Giving Jones a fecking lifetime contract when he has done nothing to warrant it and not renewing the likes of Herrera/De Gea is just shameful.

Zoo

Everyone is (rightly) blaming Woodward but it also would make a slight mockery of what Ander has said or stood for through the years if he goes from being an important player player at United to plastic PSG for a bit more money. Hopefully it's just his agent putting pressure on the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:(. Will be extremely sad to see him go, I think someone has just truly dropped the ball on this one, focusing on others. Wish him all the best though.

Bojan11

Jones, Smalling, Young and Shaw have had contracts. Yet Herrera who has performed better than them hasn’t been signed up.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jones, Smalling, Young and Shaw have had contracts. Yet Herrera who has performed better than them hasn’t been signed up.
Those were easy contact renewals. I can't see real wanting Jones or young

Fracture90

I couldn't agree more. The squad management is an utter disgrace.

This would be a huge loss if he leaves. With no end in sight to the De Gea transfer saga and Mata's contract running down, all 3 could leave this summer.

That would be a huge blow for the squad.
Honestly wouldn't mind Mata leaving at all, but Herrera and DDG would be a huge blow.

Really hoping that this isn't true, considering how vocal Herrera has been about loving the club and his commitment to us.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I love Ander Herrera. He has been a very solid player for us

but

if this means that we are gonna get an upgrade on him and on the midfield then I am not really that upset. Let's face it, Ander is good but he is not that good. We need better players to reach higher levels. Top squaddie but we need better for first XI.

lysglimt

Scout
For all we know - he might have had an offer on the table for months, but he has been given a better deal with PSG. Some people seem so convinced we have offered Jones a contract and not Herrera. Maybe its as simple as that Jones wants to stay and Herrera who has more offers....doesnt want to stay ?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Stupid and disappointing if true. Rabiot and/or other options should also be in advanced stages if we're not trying to keep Herrera.

theralyst

This surprises me. I really thought Ander bought into our club and was destined to be a future captain.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm not yet, but if we let him go for nothing, yet have renewed Phil Jones etc I will cry. If he was going back to Bilbao I would be happier, but to scumbag team with scumbag fans like PSG I will be devastated. It's the fact we would then have to replace him and it will cost millions. Maybe they are sure of getting Rabiot, so going from a great dressing room influence, who always gives his best to a spoilt child who you cannot guarantee what you are going to get.

Of course it could be all rubbish. International break, no press conference from Ole to confirm or deny it. PSG stirring it up because we knocked them out

mu4c_20le

If reports are true and they are offering him 150k then fair play. He's been a good servant but it's time to upgrade.

DomesticTadpole

This surprises me. I really thought Ander bought into our club and was destined to be a future captain.
It might not be true, but he has a family and will want guarantees about his future. It looks like the club are taking things for granted.

DomesticTadpole

If reports are true and they are offering him 150k then fair play. He's been a good servant but it's time to upgrade.
How much is that going to cost us? The fee and then the wages will be more than Ander is getting. We will still need a Matic upgrade and money spending elsewhere. As usual we will not strengthen where we actually need to strengthen and sit here wondering why other clubs do better than us.

Another thing that makes me sick - why are we letting him go for free? yet we renewed Jones contract when he's been nothing but a sick note for years?

AngliaRed

He loves United. He’s probably flirting with PSG to get a better deal here. It’s good enough for Ramos and Ronnie.

Strachans Cigar

Looking at it from Herrera’s point of view he was in and out of the team for yonks before Ole, so he’s been bypassed, under appreciated & generally fecked about prior to Ole.

If he’s got the chance to go to PSG for a big wage increase, playing with Neymar & Mbappe, almost certainly guaranteed a league title & a better shot at the CL (dubious last minute pens aside) you can see why he’d be open to the idea & can you really blame him?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
For all we know - he might have had an offer on the table for months, but he has been given a better deal with PSG. Some people seem so convinced we have offered Jones a contract and not Herrera. Maybe its as simple as that Jones wants to stay and Herrera who has more offers....doesnt want to stay ?
Probably.

POF

Honestly wouldn't mind Mata leaving at all, but Herrera and DDG would be a huge blow.

Really hoping that this isn't true, considering how vocal Herrera has been about loving the club and his commitment to us.
I've always worried about Mata finding a new club before De Gea agreeing a new contract. If Mata and Herrera both leave, it will take an absolute fortune to keep De Gea.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He probably has an offer on the table but PSG are paying more.

aditya826

Ander Herrera will be missed and it will sting us in our future.
You can improve over his quality and his talents but what you cannot guarantee his workrate!!!!!!!!!!!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Another thing that makes me sick - why are we letting him go for free? yet we renewed Jones contract when he's been nothing but a sick note for years?
What makes you think we haven't offered him an extention?

Fracture90

I've always worried about Mata finding a new club before De Gea agreeing a new contract. If Mata and Herrera both leave, it will take an absolute fortune to keep De Gea.
Yup, they're his Spanish posse, hence why I was hoping he'll have Herrera staying but that plan might be out of the window as things stand.

mu4c_20le

Our clubs stupidity continues to impress me. Pathetic if he leaves because you just know we won’t replace him properly.
There is already a possible replacement, Fred. If he settles, he has a higher ceiling than Herrera.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s funny how we dismiss these sorts of reports when it’s players we are linked with as “contract negotiation tactics” and yet when our players are negotiating with us and get linked to other clubs it down to our stupidity and we are definitely losing said player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So we keep a defender whose only good in facial expressions and then let Herrera go? This is crazy.
This.
It's a no brainer for them. Get a very good midfield option on free.

This policy is extending contracts in the last six months was bound to hurt us. Stupid by Woodward.
& this. We end up extending the contracts of deadwood and lose our better players. FFS.

Now at least we know how PSG is getting their revenge for their R16 UCL exit :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.