Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

When you see things like this, it does make me think of a domino effect of other important players leaving.
Free up some wages, not a bad thing. Hopefully Rojo, Darmian are getting ideas.

Nickosaur

You'd think someone like Ander, who utterly gets the club, we'd have tied down a long time ago.

fecking state of this club

OldTrevil

This would be utterly idiotic, especially given the Jones and Young extensions

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair the whole “getting the club” means nothing to me when he’ll no doubt been offered a deal by us and is turning it down to go to PSG. He wants out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair the whole “getting the club” means nothing to me when he’ll no doubt been offered a deal by us and is turning it down to go to PSG. He wants out.
He'll probably get PSG just as much :lol: saying that though he's probably been offered much higher wages, and maybe he wants to go there and win a few guaranteed trophies. Can't say I blame him as he's really not had much in his career so far.

It will be gutting though as he's very important to us on his best day.

Charles Miller

When they got embarrassed in the champions league they take a player of the adversary club as revenge.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hopefully he'll tweet something soon to squash the rumours.
If he doesn't have an offer on the table from United then I doubt that.

redshaw

Hope we have good replacements coming in if true, he's very important. Fred doesn't look up to much so far.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We desperately need 2 CM's now in the summer. I wanted 2 even if Herrera stayed but we won't be getting 3.

izec

He would have extended a while ago if he was going to stay. He would only stay if we gave him a better offer, which we wont. So he is likely off. 4 year contract with higher wages no club will offer him. You must really be naive and surprised. I said a few months ago he wont renew, his interviews said as much. No player keeps it this late to resign if he really wants to.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Don't leave contract extensions until the players only have one season left of their contracts. Certainly not for our most important players. Incompetent. Praying he stays.

mu4c_20le

Aye, I'll be gutted. Always liked him. Hope this is all BS. Or else...pass me the kleenex.
Im sure you'll get over it when we use the wages freed up to sign someone like Sancho.

Jib

I tought he loved the club not like Pogba the mercenary...

Our next captain huh...

Sanche7

Don't get why people are bashing the club and Woodward. If reports are to be believed, he's being offered 150k 4 year contract. No way are we offering that especially considering the fact that he relies on his energy and aggression, which will diminish with age. He'll be a bench warmer within 2 years on 150k!

Also don't get the Young and Jones comparison. Both wanted to sign new contracts / didn't have other offers on the table and so it was way easier for the club to get them to sign a new contract.

If you ask me, the club is now being very careful with handing over lengthy contracts to 30+ year Olds. Matic who was signed when he was 28/29 was given only a 3 year contract IIRC, Mata has been offered a one year contract and IIRC the club was very reluctant to give a two year contract to Fellaini but had to when Mou insisted. I feel Ander wanted a longer contract (3-4 year) but we were willing to give him only 2 years. And personally, as much as I love Ander, I don't think he's the best we can do and also I feel a 3-4 year contract for him at 125-150k would have been excessive

Cassidy

Very very unlikely that we haven’t offered him a deal.
When a player has less than 6 months left on their deal something is up. Maybe its the length on contract offered on the table. I should have said 'good deal on the table' instead of deal

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Quite likely. Regardless, the clubs habit of leaving it late with contracts is very annoying.
Agreed this looks likely to bite us on the ass repeatedly if they don't change their ways. Would be really bad business to have him go for free.

MadMike

For all we know - he might have had an offer on the table for months, but he has been given a better deal with PSG. Some people seem so convinced we have offered Jones a contract and not Herrera. Maybe its as simple as that Jones wants to stay and Herrera who has more offers....doesnt want to stay ?
Timing is relevant mate. If you run a player’s contract down (that was Uniteds doing, he wanted to stay but Mourinho didn’t fancy him) then you invite others to offer him a contract. Which you then have to match if you want to keep the player.

Herrera would have accepted a contract renewal any time in the last 2 years, he has been very vocal about that. It was us who were stalling, so we can’t play the card “oh he wants to leave” when other clubs offer better money to a player we didn’t tie down.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Im sure you'll get over it when we use the wages freed up to sign someone like Sancho.
Yeah, cannot wait to repalce a central midfielder, one of our hardest working ones, with a winger.

Those who were getting into Woodward's ass recently (for not buying player X because he's old, because we'll surely hire a DOF, because he 'stood up' to Mourinho, etc., etc.) are looking more and more silly with each passing day. Surely we're leaving it all for the summer though when we sign a DOF, plenty of young players, etc., etc. Just like the last summer.

deadrevelz

What does this mean for Ole? Herrera has been a guaranteed starter for him, Ole has been here since December. Does that mean the club have ignored his recommendation?

It seems the club is enforcing the Logan's Run law. Any player over 30 (or turns 30 in their new contract) will be told to feck off apparently.

I don't buy the idea that Herrera was offered a good contract and turned us down. More likely we tried to play hardball, then when his value increased under Ole and he had already got offers from other clubs, we maybe tried to offer him a slightly increased contract, but it was too late.

Pathetic if true.

Cassidy

Don't get why people are bashing the club and Woodward. If reports are to be believed, he's being offered 150k 4 year contract. No way are we offering that especially considering the fact that he relies on his energy and aggression, which will diminish with age. He'll be a bench warmer within 2 years on 150k!

Also don't get the Young and Jones comparison. Both wanted to sign new contracts / didn't have other offers on the table and so it was way easier for the club to get them to sign a new contract.

If you ask me, the club is now being very careful with handing over lengthy contracts to 30+ year Olds. Matic who was signed when he was 28/29 was given only a 3 year contract IIRC, Mata has been offered a one year contract and IIRC the club was very reluctant to give a two year contract to Fellaini but had to when Mou insisted. I feel Ander wanted a longer contract (3-4 year) but we were willing to give him only 2 years. And personally, as much as I love Ander, I don't think he's the best we can do and also I feel a 3-4 year contract for him at 125-150k would have been excessive
Given we don't have many midfield options we can trust. I would suggest securing Herrera is a must before the summer. We still need to figure out what to do with Fred.

Letting Herrera go would mean replacing him (and we have work to do with our squad as it is)

mu4c_20le

Yeah, cannot wait to repalce a central midfielder, one of our hardest working ones, with a winger.

Those who were getting into Woodward's ass recently (for not buying player X because he's old, because we'll surely hire a DOF, because he 'stood up' to Mourinho, etc., etc.) are looking more and more silly with each passing day. Surely we're leaving it all for the summer though when we sign a DOF, plenty of young players, etc., etc. Just like the last summer.
Herrera isn't starter quality. Fred does similar things and having both seems redundant. If anything we might actually sign a midfielder who offers different qualities.

reddaz71

In Eds world we already have replacements for Fellaini and Herrera in Garner and Mcctominay, Glazernomics folks.

Judas

Open to offers
Herrera isn't starter quality. Fred does similar things and having both seems redundant. If anything we might actually sign a midfielder who offers different qualities.
Fred can’t be compared to Herrera until we see him actually perform to Herreras level, hasn’t come close yet. He might, but it’s clearly far from guaranteed.

Red Stone

Herrera to PSG and Rabiot to ManUtd, at least something to compensate the loss.
Letting a character like Herrera go for free so we can bring in an utter cock like Rabiot would be a travesty. Herrera should retire at United, preferrably as captain.

MadMike

Because if we had offered him a 4 year contract 2 years ago when he started asking for it (at the 3 year mark of his current deal, after we won the EL) with improved terms, he would have signed for less than 150k. And he would be tied down for a couple more years but not till 34. Instead we signed Matic, consigned him to the bench and didn't offer him a deal.

We chose to run the contract down and now we either lose him on a free or we overpay/overextend for a new one. Yep, totally nothing to blame the club for :wenger:

Last edited:

Snafu17

PSG wouldn't be offering him more money, if his contract wouldn't be expiring which is only happening because we bumbled around for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.