Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sure but on what salary will a new player be?
People wanting Saul, if City get involved, what would we need to give him to convince him United is worth joining? It would be eye watering. Doubt he will come anyway, he will sign a nice rejigged contract at Atletico.

Ban

Who cares? They'll be worth it. Herrera is pushing for a huge pay rise based on other players contracts currently at the club, I might be stupid but that's not a meritocracy, that's salary inflation.
I thought we need to cut the big salaries things not continue it.

crossy1686

career ending
No FBs or a CB?
I don't think we're going to sign any this summer, or I will be surprised if we do. I think we're going to go down the route of getting our forward line sorted as pure inspiration can win you games even if your back line is dog shit. We'll all see high scoring games as 'progress' next season, even if we have a few high scoring draws, and we'll bemoan our defence but be happy that we're playing well.

I think we'll bodge the defence next season with what we've already got and go big for a VVD figure the following summer along with a LB or RB.

Politically, that's what the board will be thinking in my opinion.

izec

Still surprised he’s going there, surely he’s already got enough money to give his family the best possible life and never has to work again.

I’m not shocked he’s leaving us but more shocked he’s going there
He wasnt earning much here or at Bilbao. Below 100k. Now he gets 200k for a few years. That is some proper money for a football player

Irrational.

Anyone else think PSG are signing him out of spite as part of their small-time crusade against us? Is he really going to get regular playing time ahead of Verratti, Marquinhos, Matuidi and Paredes?

Bitter, bitter club.

DomesticTadpole

We do need to cut the wage bill, but we won't. The players going are going to be replaced, unless they are all kids, by ones of a lot more money. Bloody Sanchez. I get angrier the more I think about it.

Ban

I don't think we're going to sign any this summer, or I will be surprised if we do. I think we're going to go down the route of getting our forward line sorted as pure inspiration can win you games even if your back line is dog shit. We'll all see high scoring games as 'progress' next season, even if we have a few high scoring draws, and we'll bemoan our defence but be happy that we're playing well.

I think we'll bodge the defence next season with what we've already got and go big for a VVD figure the following summer along with a LB or RB.

Politically, that's what the board will be thinking in my opinion.
Maybe but one wc CB would do wonders.

crossy1686

career ending
I think the big salaries will still exist but they need to be for the right players, and by right players I don't mean signings, I mean players who've earned them at the club by playing for us. I suspect our signings this summer will be mostly young, hungry players signed for big fees on relatively low salaries.

Skills

Snitch
Anyone else think PSG are signing him out of spite as part of their small-time crusade against us? Is he really going to get regular playing time ahead of Verratti, Marquinhos, Matuidi and Paredes?
Marquinhos is a CB and Matuidi left a few years ago. They desperately need CMs - they were reduced to playing Dani Alves and Marquinhos there in the CL games against us.

DomesticTadpole

Probably not, but he will be getting well paid for it. That is not Anders problem. Yes PSG are that petty. Which is why people enjoy their failures so much.

beergod

Still surprised he’s going there, surely he’s already got enough money to give his family the best possible life and never has to work again.

I’m not shocked he’s leaving us but more shocked he’s going there
Reportedly only on 75-80k here. We've underpaid him and that doesn't get you a discount when the player is at his age.

Ban

We do need to cut the wage bill, but we won't. The players going are going to be replaced, unless they are all kids, by ones of a lot more money. Bloody Sanchez. I get angrier the more I think about it.
Maybe that's the way to come back to the top and once we establish ourselves again and start winning stuff we'll be able to cut the salaries. It's still a bad way of dealing with things.

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe but one wc CB would do wonders.
Agreed, completely, but it would take up too much of our budget and if we're still playing Matic and Sanchez next season people are going to lose their shit. Solskjær won't get the time he deserves as long as Pochettino is till at Tottenham so they have to get it right this summer.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yes, but I have skipping between that many things I cannot remember where. I just worry the overhaul might be too much. If we get two midfielders, will we get that RW, or will it be Mata and Lingard. Dalot pushed up with Young still stinking out the RB position. Are we going to get that CB? Ole future is going to depend on what we do this summer and I just hope they don't let him down.
That's a worry of course, but if the club finally wants to to get rid of some players not good enough that's a good sign. Even if it's going to take a while I'm all for going out and spending money on young, exciting players.

Brophs

The One and Only
If he can get a 4 or 5 year deal at that sort of money then good luck to him. It’s a short career and we (rightly IMO) obviously think the value he puts on himself is too high.

Skills

Snitch
The question is, why didn't get an extension at the end of the 2016/17 season? He was our player of the year, and he would've had 2 years left on his deal at the age of 27. It just looks extremely poor.

DomesticTadpole

Maybe that's the way to come back to the top and once we establish ourselves again and start winning stuff we'll be able to cut the salaries. It's still a bad way of dealing with things.
Just looking at by spelling. I must be angry.:lol: I just don't know who we will sign. Unless we offer absolutely ridiculous money I cannot see Sancho coming. CHO will not be sold by Chelsea if they do have an incoming transfer ban.

Ban

That's a worry of course, but if the club finally wants to to get rid of some players not good enough that's a good sign. Even if it's going to take a while I'm all for going out and spending money on young, exciting players.
If only the club decided that before renewing Jones contract.

crossy1686

career ending
Fred and McTomminay should only be backup squad players next season. Matic needs more time on the bench also. Let’s being two quality CM’s in to start with Pogba.
I'd honestly be more than happy to pick up Tielemans and Neves next summer, it would show that we've done some actual scouting for players we think will suit the way we want to play instead of this stop gap approach. I'm not saying I want those two exclusively but they're the kind of players we should be looking to add to the team moving forward.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If only the club decided that before renewing Jones contract.
If only Jones wasn't mentioned every other post.

And you probably realize they can't get tid of all the players in one summer.

macheda14

It’s quite sad that we need Herrera to leave to invest in a good midfielder, we needed one anyway, they’re all dross bar Pogba.
It was probable we'd be in for a midfielder if he stays, but this means we for sure will be. I'd rather him stay and we get a better midfielder to start ahead of him

steakpie

Very bad decision by the club/Woodward.

I also blame Mourinho. Herrera was world class in 16/17 at DM. What did Jose do after that season, signed a new DM (Matic).

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Adapting to the Prem isn't the problem. The most important is the system and buy players which suits our style. Ole wants to play dynamic and quick attacking football so we need midfielders with skill and good passing . In the past we bought players without plan on how they will be integrated into our squad and tactical plan.
That is true. We saw some of that philosophy earlier on when he first got appointed. Hopefully, he finds the right players to bring us back to that level. I m worried about our recent performances and I hope it doesn’t represent his true managerial acumen.

beergod

The question is, why didn't get an extension at the end of the 2016/17 season? He was our player of the year, and he would've had 2 years left on his deal at the age of 27. It just looks extremely poor.
Our accountants play too much FM. :lol:

El Zoido

Why is he even demanding that much? That’s over double his current salary. United would have rewarded him well enough but this is just greed.
I doubt he’s “demanding” it, more like that’s what PSG are offering, cause they can. Might be that we offered £180k and they went higher than we were willing too. Standard part of a contract negotiation, it is what it is.

izec

People will tell you Jose didnt like him. But Jose wasnt the one to decide who to keep long term or not when he survives 3 years at clubs. If we listen to short term managers, no wonder we are in a mess squad wise.

I criticised the clubs policy in waiting til the last year of contracts in the past. The triggering of the one year clause instead of extending was bothering me for quite some time. Thats fine if it is for dross players, but valuable players should get contracts extended much earlier. If you leave it that late, this happens if a big club comes in.

Skills

Snitch
Our accountants play too much FM. :lol:
It doesn't win you much good will among your playing staff. He had two years left, had a great season and deserved an extension and a payrise. But we decided to run his contract down another year, where he could've gotten some injury and damaged his stock.

Now we're rightly getting shafted by losing him for free in an expensive market.

Skills

Snitch
Why is he even demanding that much? That’s over double his current salary. United would have rewarded him well enough but this is just greed.
We were the ones being greedy (a football club that makes almost £600m a year), by keeping him on his sub market value contract for longer than required. He took a risk by letting it completely run down, and now he's rightly being rewarded for it.

NinjaFletch

:(

Wish him the best and don't blame him for going but will miss the little bastard. We're an absolute shambles off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.