Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Not ideal of course, but he could easily just sign the United deal now. This is a leak from Herrera's side to try point blame at the Club when he could easily accept United's offer now if he really wanted to stay. The money from PSG has turned his head and he wants to leave, its that simple.
There's literally no reason why he should just accept United deal without thinking about his future and how much he'll earn here and there.

SATA

Fred is on 160k per week? I simply cannot believe that. I don't believe the club is even that stupid to do that. City backed off, so nobody bidded for him besides us anyway

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not ideal of course, but he could easily just sign the United deal now. This is a leak from Herrera's side to try point blame at the Club when he could easily accept United's offer now if he really wanted to stay. The money from PSG has turned his head and he wants to leave, its that simple.
Obviously but both sides have been briefing to get their side of the story across. Every report I saw from France via Sport Witness mentioned he'd be offered £150,000 per week, which is far less than £200k that's been getting play in England. Also the stuff that's been written today mentioned Herrera wanted the same money as Fred, which is nowhere near £200k.

Clearly its in United's interest to make Herrera looking like a money grabbing blood sucker, and its in Ander's interest to make it look like he's been hard done by. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. However, nobody can deny the whole Herrera renewal talk went very quiet some time ago.

iKnowNothing

I read somewhere that we've not renewed his contract after the initial 5 year contract that he was signed on. That's very poor by the club- I'd rather we get him to sign a contract 2-3 years into the existing contract than leave for free.

Johan07

Ander is a very good player to have in the squad. I can understand his situation in that he's been here 5 years and still on the same original wage of around 80k a week (I think - as reported). I don't like this policy of the club trying to save money by waiting until the very end to re-negotiate. This should be sorted ahead of the final year of contract. You can understand why he would be miffed if other players in the squad around his level are on twice as much as him. What would that tell you about how much the club values you. If he was not out of contract at end of season and Utd wanted to sell him they could get around 25m for him. If he's been on comparatively low pay for the last few years you can understand why he now may want to go where there is more money offered.
For a Herrera on 80k a week maybe.
There is no way that we would get 25m for a Herrera on 150-200k a week come the end of last season or next though. Being over 30 and everything. Because its pretty obvious that would it would have taken to extend his contract one or two years ago. We would also have been paying much more for his services the last couple of years.
This narrative of us losing money on this situation is incorrect at best. It would also tie us up even more in the transfermarket the next couple of years along with the Sanchez contract. In one year Fred and McT could have taken such steps that they would have overtaken Herrera and we would be sitting with another longterm contract for essentially an old squad player.
The clubs principle of just granting one or two year extensions for older players is really a good one to be honest.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If this is true and then you take into account the fact that until Mourinho's sacking he was barely used then you can understand his position. Barely playing for an entire season could have destroyed his value(wage) from other clubs POV. This is typically the type of things that should see the people in charge of HR on the hot seat whoever that is Woodward included.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If this is true and then you take into account the fact that until Mourinho's sacking he was barely used then you can understand his position. Barely playing for an entire season could have destroyed his value(wage) from other clubs POV. This is typically the type of things that should see the people in charge of HR on the hot seat whoever that is Woodward included.
I know that players didn't always leave on good terms in the past, most did however. I just get the impression that we have forgotten how to treat them as human beings and not commodities.

dove

I think most people including me wouldn't be against Herrera leaving as unfortunately he is not good enough to play in our starting XI every week. However it's really frustrating that we decide to keep literally useless players like Jones, Young, Darmian, Valencia (looks like FINALLY he is leaving...) while we let Herrera go who is a good squad player to have IMO. If we manage to replace him then it's fine but I have 0 confidence in that. We will mostly spend £40m on another mediocre player.

el3mel

Basically summarizes my opinion on his contract situation. Before blaming him for asking for money, we should look at how his underperforming teammates are getting paid. How can he not look at them ?

I won't have any hard feeling against him when he leaves. Good luck for him in PSG.

LoneStar

If it brings some kind of structure to our wages, then be it. It will hit us now but will help us standardize things in the long run. Even the mighty City backed out with Sanchez .

We got to draw a line and say , enough is enough and half decent players will not milk us.
Absolutely this. It still amazes me that we have one of the highest wages in any club in the world. We have Pogba and DDG who have some sort of claim to those wages (not saying it's justified by any means), and literally no one else.

The fact that a majority of these average players earn 100k+ a week is absolutely baffling.

The Sanchez situation has worsened this. But also, any average players asking for more money based on that should be asked to feck off.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Basically summarizes my opinion on his contract situation. Before blaming him for asking for money, we should look at how his underperforming teammates are getting paid. How can he not look at them ?

I won't have any hard feeling against him when he leaves. Good luck for him in PSG.
So because we overpaid before, we should carry on doing that with a 30 year old Herrera who is reported to want in excess of £200k a week? if the reliable James Ducker is to be believed..

LoneStar

Ander is a very good player to have in the squad. I can understand his situation in that he's been here 5 years and still on the same original wage of around 80k a week (I think - as reported). I don't like this policy of the club trying to save money by waiting until the very end to re-negotiate. This should be sorted ahead of the final year of contract. You can understand why he would be miffed if other players in the squad around his level are on twice as much as him. What would that tell you about how much the club values you. If he was not out of contract at end of season and Utd wanted to sell him they could get around 25m for him. If he's been on comparatively low pay for the last few years you can understand why he now may want to go where there is more money offered.
Yes, but we need to step in and stop this cycle. Next thing we know another player will feel the same way and do the same thing.

Say no to a couple of players, and then that will set a proper precedent. Giving away huge long term contracts to players turning 30+ soon is a bad idea and needs to be stopped.

el3mel

So because we overpaid before, we should carry on doing that with a 30 year old Herrera who is reported to want in excess of £200k a week? if the reliable James Ducker is to be believed..
He's earning a 75k a week. For a player who plays and performs way better than many others it's terrible for him to see how much others are getting far more paid than him.

Can you blame him for asking for more money ? I really can't. Not with our wage structure. He has 100% the right to ask for +150k if Young is earning 110, Mata 140 and Sanchez 350.

Whatever we should give him the contract or not, the issue is we should have never been in such position to start with. If we were giving each player what he deserves, I doubt he would have asked for 200k.

C'est Moi Cantona

Perhaps we're learning, Mata , Young, Sanchez, all sat on fat contracts, all in massive decline.
Herrera likely won't be far behind, so why repeat the same mistakes.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's earning a 75k a week. For a player who plays and performs way better than many others it's terrible for him to see how much others are getting far more paid than him.

Can you blame him for asking for more money ? I really can't. Not with our wage structure. He has 100% the right to ask for +150k if Young is earning 110, Mata 140 and Sanchez 350.

Whatever we should give him the contract or not, the issue is we should have never been in such position to start with. If we were giving each player what he deserves, I doubt he would have asked for 200k.
Maybe the club are trying to reverse this now.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

agree pretty much.

he is a far better footballer than those mentioned.

Mcking

The figures really did change quickly.

DomesticTadpole

agree pretty much.

he is a far better footballer than those mentioned.
Yet some don't think people should be rewarded. It should have been done a couple of years back. Then he would still be here and we wouldn't be in need of renewing his contract at this minute and instead are having to spend a fortune on a new player. Who by the way will want a darn sight more than Herrera was on.

The_Bloods

Fred is on 160k per week? I simply cannot believe that. I don't believe the club is even that stupid to do that. City backed off, so nobody bidded for him besides us anyway
How is that stupid? How much do you think a Brazilian international midfielder should be paid at a leading European side? You're not going to get them for tuppence ha'penny a week!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I don't blame him for asking for 200k a week. I'm glad we haven't bowed down to his demands. This might even be a blessing in disguise for us if we sign a cm who would be a improvement on him. We just need to be patient and see who comes in.

DomesticTadpole

Maybe the club are trying to reverse this now.
So we are going to pay wages from 5 years back and expect players to join us. Not sure we have that sort of pulling power any longer unless they support United. If we do not get CL, then we will pay them gazillions.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Yet some don't think people should be rewarded. It should have been done a couple of years back. Then he would still be here and we wouldn't be in need of renewing his contract at this minute and instead are having to spend a fortune on a new player. Who by the way will want a darn sight more than Herrera was on.
I remember him almost spitting out that he would be here this season when he was asked about his contract last season.

I cant blame him for being bitter. Woodward and the board are complete arseholes.

reddevil702

You can never blame anyone for asking for more money, especially if there's another team out there that's willing to pay it. But for all we know this contract offer has been on the table long before he was able to speak with other clubs and he's rejected it. United seem set on what they feel his value is and that's not changing. My expectations for next season wouldn't change with or without Herrera, he's a player we can replace with Fred or McTominay and potentially upgrade this summer.

DomesticTadpole

I remember him almost spitting out that he would be here this season when he was asked about his contract last season.

I cant blame him for being bitter. Woodward and the board are complete arseholes.
I don't like the sort of people running this club. I can understand people not wanting to pay over the odds, but they should still treat people with a modicum of respect. Although not sure you can expect that from latter day yuppies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A couple of years ago he was pissed about by LVG and then Mourinho. I can't really blame the club for not rushing to give a bit part player a contract in that time period.

deafepl

I can't believe we are paying Fred 250K, wtf is the club board thinking of?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I can well believe it, especially looking at Sanchez’s wage. Ok, he came on a free but still..

Status
Not open for further replies.