Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ridiculous news. One of our very few reliable performers and could and should have been made captain is allowed to leave. Seems like the sort of player who keeps himself fit and would have been useful for a few years still. We have been run by morons.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is the risk attached to not renewing contracts early. We will make the same mistake with Pogba.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the reasons he's supposedly looking elsewhere is the fact he's been given information regarding Uniteds upcoming transfer strategy which will likely include the purchase of a couple of first team midfielders.
Where did you get this from?

wolvored

Herrera before he came here I was expecting a Robsonesque type player, albeit nowhere near the real thing and have been mainly disappointed. He is nothing special, has the odd good game, but rarely stamps his ability on a match like Robbo and Keane could. Im sure we can buy better out there than him, and to me wont be much of a loss. Best thing he did was got Gerrard sent off in his last match with us.:lol:

Kapardin

Where did you get this from?
I would assume we are buying midfielders and reasonably confident of keeping Pogba this summer if this was the case. We really aren't stupid enough to sell him without replacing him this summer.

If his sale paves the way for the purchase of quality midfielders, I'm happy. Herrera is a good player and a loyal servant, but he isn't irreplaceable and can certainly be upgraded on. I don't think he would want to remain as 3rd choice if we buy midfielders and shunt him to the bench.

Sylar

Sign him up and make him permanent captain. Seriously. I dont get why our player contracts are being run down like this.

We really are turning into Arsenal.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It’s funny how we dismiss these sorts of reports when it’s players we are linked with as “contract negotiation tactics” and yet when our players are negotiating with us and get linked to other clubs it down to our stupidity and we are definitely losing said player.
My first reaction as well. I can see why PSG would go for a revenge signing - that's their go to after a CL exit. But why would Herrera leave? He's surely worth more to United, and we can match the wages and come close to the signing on fee. On top of that, he knows he is loved and adored by the fans and is integral to the manager as a starter for next season. I simply see no reason why he'd leave. These are contact negotiation tactics.

He would have extended a while ago if he was going to stay. He would only stay if we gave him a better offer, which we wont. So he is likely off. 4 year contract with higher wages no club will offer him. You must really be naive and surprised. I said a few months ago he wont renew, his interviews said as much. No player keeps it this late to resign if he really wants to.
Which interviews?

Why do I feel like this is just them running the story because They hate us (for losing the last 16)?

Total nonsense. Herrera doesn't have a connection to PSG, won't be a flashy signing, is 29 and loves ManUtd. But I read it somewhere that Darmian has been a proper PSG fan since He was a child.
Exactly my points as to why they'd go for him. They'd be better of getting Ndombele.

Ban

All the not the end of the world posters don't get its just one more position we need to buy a player for together with other more urgent positions.

wolvored

Doesn't say much about us that PSG are a better prospect. I actually don't think there is anything in it. Either PSG shit stirring or Barcelona doing it just before we play them.
Well if he does go there hes guranteed to win the league I suppose

Matt007a

If I had to list our midfielders in order of who we should sell and shouldn't, only Pogba would be a worse sale than Herrera. He's comfortably better than Matic/Mata/McTominay/Fred/Pereira.

Saying that, despite being our 2nd best midfield player he still isn't great in world football terms. There are a lot of better options out there but I don't trust Woodward to get any of them.

Janson

We will obviously have plans to replace him if he goes. I never thought he was starting material for us.

Tiber

We wasted years of his career by making him rot on the bench. Would be hard to blame him

Should have been a long term starter, and extended last summer on the day he was appointed captain

CM

It's bizarre how we haven't extended him already. Herrera is a vital cog in this team and sets the tone for how we play under Solskjaer, how have we let this get to the point where he can leave for free in the summer?

Snafu17

Has he not been offered an extention? Looks like PSG are offering more money and a four year deal.
This situation could've easily been avoided if we didn't wait until his last year to offer him an extension.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
For all we know - he might have had an offer on the table for months, but he has been given a better deal with PSG. Some people seem so convinced we have offered Jones a contract and not Herrera. Maybe its as simple as that Jones wants to stay and Herrera who has more offers....doesnt want to stay ?
You're right, he probably has an offer on his table for a few months. Problem is that it should have been there a year ago at least. Anyone could assume he will be targeted on a free considering his qualities and the current market.

Hope it is a false alarm, but I doubt it... This club has been run without any plan or vision when it comes to football. Purely in a reactive way.

Kapardin

All the not the end of the world posters don't get its just one more position we need to buy a player for together with other more urgent positions.
Not like we don't have the money. We could spend 350 mil in one summer and it would likely cover what we need, but it's on the Glazers.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We need to announce the DoF/manager ASAP and get DDG sorted out before it's too late.

Knowing Woodward, he wouldn't even have a shortlist of DoFs yet, and still be wondering whether or not Ole should be appointed while he works on another diaper marketing deal.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You're right, he probably has an offer on his table for a few months. Problem is that it should have been there a year ago at least. Anyone could assume he will be targeted on a free considering his qualities and the current market.

Hope it is a false alarm, but I doubt it... This club has been run without any plan or vision when it comes to football. Purely in a reactive way.
Jim! Been a while bud. Hope you're well.

On the bolded bit - indeed. Barca was interested in him a couple of times, so at worst, he'd be a valuable squad member for anyone & PSG aren't exactly stacked in CM positions - with no real quality holding mid there.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Ander loves us. He’s not going anywhere unless we have an agreement to get a run at Mbappe or Neymar
Thought he was in the last year of his contract and could leave for free?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

No idea about reliability.

dove

Have we done it before?
We keep players like Jones, Young, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Bailly (and Jones even apparently deserved a new 5 year contract according to our board) but we can't be arsed to offer a new deal for Herrera (unless I missed it) who is certainly good enough to be at least a good squad option. I can bet we will replace him with someone with similar quality or even worse for £50m in the summer and then yet again don't sort our joke of a right side cause we spend all our budget on CM that didn't even need replacing.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Jim! Been a while bud. Hope you're well.

On the bolded bit - indeed. Barca was interested in him a couple of times, so at worst, he'd be a valuable squad member for anyone & PSG aren't exactly stacked in CM positions - with no real quality holding mid there.
Cheers mate, been a bit busy recently. Hope the same with you. :)

Aye, as you say, he is at worst a great squad option to have for every top club, so him having good offers is least surprising. Baffling we didn't sort if before tbh.

Camilo

Wasted a fair few years here, no bloody wonder he wants away. He'll get good money and he'll play loads. If he stays here there's no guarantee of anything.. He's not even been playing much in recent years, and Ole is still a gamble pure and simple.

fergosaurus

I know this is probably me being naïve but I don't see PSG and Ligue 1 being that attractive to an intelligent and highly competitive player like Ander.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Cheers mate, been a bit busy recently. Hope the same with you. :)

Aye, as you say, he is at worst a great squad option to have for every top club, so him having good offers is least surprising. Baffling we didn't sort if before tbh.
I am well bud, just a tad busy as well.

Seemingly we've been too busy sorting out offers for players like Jones and Fellaini (last summer before selling him anyway). Mind boggling at times.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
If he goes then it basically increases the cost of what we need to do this summer by 60m at least. That's how much he'd be if his contract wasnt expiring. Hope it's not true anyway. A step backwards for us as hes one of the few who is tidy in possession under pressure because his technique and quick thinking is one of his strong points. We'll see though.
He turns 30 in August. £60m is a bit excessive!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We keep players like Jones, Young, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Bailly (and Jones even apparently deserved a new 5 year contract according to our board) but we can't be arsed to offer a new deal for Herrera (unless I missed it) who is certainly good enough to be at least a good squad option. I can bet we will replace him with someone with similar quality or even worse for £50m in the summer and then yet again don't sort our joke of a right side cause we spend all our budget on CM that didn't even need replacing.
He has an offer but apparently PSG are willing to pay him more and give him a four year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.