Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I can well believe it, especially looking at Sanchez’s wage. Ok, he came on a free but still..
I can as well. City were supposedly after him as well and backed out, so yes we would be that stupid to either offer what he wanted or god help us even more.

el3mel

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Are you even looking at the websites you are posting? The Daily Star?

Players wages are not disclosed, ever. Anything you read in the media is a guess.

soccergirl

Supports
Italy national team
I adore Herrera, whatever he decide to do, I wish him the best.

Anyways, McTominay only get 25,000 a week (one site said 15,000). Dude, seriously, pay him more than that United, he will be your relying midfield here once Herrera is gone.

15K or 25K a week, that is nothing given his tallent and what he can offer to United. omg, poor McTominay.

el3mel

Are you even looking at the websites you are posting? The Daily Star?

Players wages are not disclosed, ever. Anything you read in the media is a guess.
Yeah what's exactly the problem ? It's not an exclusive news about something to claim the Daily Star is faking them.

The numbers are the same everywhere.

These things aren't secret any longer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Basically summarizes my opinion on his contract situation. Before blaming him for asking for money, we should look at how his underperforming teammates are getting paid. How can he not look at them ?

I won't have any hard feeling against him when he leaves. Good luck for him in PSG.
So? The point is mute tbh. There are lot many players who will put in the same effort as that of Herrera for half of his wages. Dont get me wrong - i bloody love him but is that a huge loss ? Fecking No.
We will be alright.

Young and Mata is now on one year extensions. I would be surprised if they are getting that money (may be with incentives included) .

Sanchez was a statement signing. He was the best player in the league. Just unfortunate it didn't work out.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah what's exactly the problem ? It's not an exclusive news about something to claim the Daily Star is faking them.

The numbers are the same everywhere.

These things aren't secret any longer.
The numbers are not the same everywhere. In the 3 links you posted Lingard is on 3 different salaries!

That Sillyeason bollocks you posted even admits it takes it numbers from other sites.

el3mel

The numbers are not the same everywhere. In the 3 links you posted Lingard is on 3 different salaries!
They didn't add some of the new contracts. For example Shaw is now earning more than 70k he entered the season with. Smalling also got a new contract and should be earning more now. As for Lingard, he's on 100k as far as I'm concerned.

RedDevil@84

Not ideal of course, but he could easily just sign the United deal now. This is a leak from Herrera's side to try point blame at the Club when he could easily accept United's offer now if he really wanted to stay. The money from PSG has turned his head and he wants to leave, its that simple.
Oh ya. Woodward can do no wrong. All things perfectly handled always.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So Jose goes, Herrera plays well, and everyone loves him and says how hard done by he's been not playing more.

Then it looks like he's off, and all of a sudden he's "average" and on too much money.
With no one seeing the irony that loyalty is a double edged sword.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm sick of this briefing coming from Ander's camp and our board I presume. If he's signed for PSG that's fine. No need for anymore explanations and leave the briefing out of it especially when we have important games coming up. It just irritates me.

Ramsay and Arse board couldn't come to an agreement so they've parted ways. You don't hear any fuss from Ramsay, he just gets on with his job.

When they say we went quiet for 3 months I reckon we put the offer there and left him to take it or leave it. What more is there to discuss? Now he's made his decision he just needs to chill and remain professional.

Cliche Guevara

I'm sick of this briefing coming from Ander's camp and our board I presume. If he's signed for PSG that's fine. No need for anymore explanations and leave the briefing out of it especially when we have important games coming up. It just irritates me.

Ramsay and Arse board couldn't come to an agreement so they've parted ways. You don't hear any fuss from Ramsay, he just gets on with his job.

When they say we went quiet for 3 months I reckon we put the offer there and left him to take it or leave it. What more is there to discuss? Now he's made his decision he just needs to chill and remain professional.
Yeah this annoys the feck out of me too. Players ask for piss take money through their agent then expect the club to make all the running after they reject our best offer.

I’m sure Ander was still being spoken to by the players and management in the changing room. The fact we didn’t go grovelling to him (his agent) is just tough shit.

It goes both ways and players really do seem to be in love with themselves these days.

USREDEVIL

ESPN reporting he's chosen PSG even after a later bid by United. I mean he's 30 years old and supposed to be box to box. Might be a blessing in disguise because in a year or two we will be wondering what the hell we were thinking paying him that much and trying to find a replacement.

Someone pack him a baguette, straw hat and a hoe.

criticalanalysis

If Herrera goes, it will just be another typical episode that represents his time here.

He's very firmly in the middle of the squad in terms of ability and contribution but treated just like a throwaway squad player.

Negan

He was never United quality.

Never wanted him here. Had a few good moments but so did Fellaini. Infact, Fellaini had more.

Thanks for the service. But if you were as passionate as you were letting on, you’d sign that contract regardless of the wage. You’re just another passion merchant who said the right things and gained a cult following to mask the fact that you really aren’t all that special of a player.

Spanish Tom Cleverley in my book.

sdb4884

Solid player for us but replaceable. Good to see we are starting our clear out. With Valencia on his way out too, hopefully Mata follows suit. Jones and Matic next would be the way to go.

crossy1686

career ending
This is absolutely from Herrera's camp but he would have been more than aware we've had an interim manager and no one is getting their contract renewed until that's sorted, so it's bollocks in my opinion.

Ban

He was never United quality.

Never wanted him here. Had a few good moments but so did Fellaini. Infact, Fellaini had more.

Thanks for the service. But if you were as passionate as you were letting on, you’d sign that contract regardless of the wage. You’re just another passion merchant who said the right things and gained a cult following to mask the fact that you really aren’t all that special of a player.

Spanish Tom Cleverley in my book.
What a lousy post, sorry.

Ban

This is absolutely from Herrera's camp but he would have been more than aware we've had an interim manager and no one is getting their contract renewed until that's sorted, so it's bollocks in my opinion.

It should have been done before the beginning of this year imo.

Okey

I'm more concerned with who the club get if he goes. I love Ander, but he's eminently replaceable. He's sadly no elite player. Darren Fletcher basically. Great servant, but no mainstay. Looks like we already have a replacement in McT as well! Now go out and get a quality starter or two for that midfield Ed (or whoever the mythical DoF we're waiting for is).

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Doesn't it say more about the people running the club than Herrera, otherwise we wouldn't have been constantly changing managers. Good luck to him. Just wish people on here could be a bit nicer when people leave and thank them and wish them luck. Instead of behaving like a bunch of dumped girlfriends. Some people really need to get some dignity.

ottosec

Good luck to the lad, he's been a solid player for us in his years here. Always did his job when called upon, and he's a very nice guy.

Xaviboy

It's a joke we didn't offer him a contract last summer. Club only worried about extending contracts to the likes of Young and Jones etc.

Would of been nice to have Herrera as squad option and we focused on upgrading our midfield.

Pogba
Herrera
Fred
McTominey
Doucoure or NgDombele
Perreria

We need energy in midfield. Fred and McTominey showed what is needed in midfield the other night. Herrera gives us that when he plays so be another option when injuries happen.

Just hope the club has plans in place now for our midfield.

bondsname

Good luck to him, always loved him. I loved the fact that all my friends who support rival teams despise him as well, Herrera was our cnut.

I am also impressed with the board for not bending over, we need the wage structure to be stabilised again. Herrera is entering his thirties and 200 000 pounds a week is just too much.

Ban

Doesn't it say more about the people running the club than Herrera, otherwise we wouldn't have been constantly changing managers. Good luck to him. Just wish people on here could be a bit nicer when people leave and thank them and wish them luck. Instead of behaving like a bunch of dumped girlfriends. Some people really need to get some dignity.
You're really asking too much. Just look at this page. Spanish Cleverley ffs.

Zed 101

Like him, cannot blame him, but ultimately if he wants to go he can feck right off

Kostov

No grudges towards Ander, he has to think about himself and what is best for his future. Stupid from us to leave it this late and having to overpay if we want to convince him to stay.

SirAF

Ageist
It should have been done before the beginning of this year imo.
Yeah, having an interim manager is no excuse for the club. A contract should never run into its last year, let alone six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.