Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snafu17

This would be a lot less dumb if we had any alternative to him in the squad, but we don't.

Davicho

You what? He was our best player today. Probably won the ball back 10 or 12 times
And then does nothing with it.

He was our best player for sure, but thats not the standard required to dominate the league and europe again. We need to buy a first choice DM and CM. If he decide to stay, he will be a excellent squad player.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Matic was comfortably better.
I'd have them on par. Then again, Herrera has come straight back into the team after a month out which is impressive.
It was Matic's best game since... playing next to Herrera. It's all coincidence though, right? :wenger:

mu4c_20le

I'd have them on par. Then again, Herrera has come straight back into the team after a month out which is impressive.
It was Matic's best game since... playing next to Herrera. It's all coincidence though, right? :wenger:
He's not a bad player, and i dont want him to go, he's just not worth that kind of money and is replaceable if even a past-it Matic cand o what he does best, which is winning the ball and harrowing people. If we want to fight for top 4 again next season then keep him, if we want to challenge for lets say top 2 at least, then we can and should do better.

ivaldo

He's not a bad player, and i dont want him to go, he's just not worth that kind of money and is replaceable if even a past-it Matic cand o what he does best, which is winning the ball and harrowing people. If we want to fight for top 4 again next season then keep him, if we want to challenge for lets say top 2 at least, then we can and should do better.
You wot? Matic categorically cannot do what Herrera does best. You couldn't have picked a player less capable than current Matic is. Replace him by who and for what price? We don't even really know the actual amount, and is more likely to be 160k than the crazy 250-300k figures being flung around. We are in this situation because of our own negligence; we are cutting our nose off to spite our face.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
There were reports last night that he was not asking for that sort of money, it was the contract length that was the sticking point.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
You are one of those that uses meaningless stats to assess players

Herrera often gets rid of the ball as soon as he receives it by passing sideway to his closest team mates and doesn’t take responsibility with the ball going forward.

This doesn’t mean that he is great at keeping the ball in tight situations when surrounded with opposition players

Not at all. I watch his game closely. Worth a try sometime.

GazTheLegend

He was our best player for sure, but thats not the standard required to dominate the league and europe again. We need to buy a first choice DM and CM. If he decide to stay, he will be a excellent squad player.
I think I actually hate our fans

red4ever 79

Very good yesterday considering that was his first match in quite a while. Showed an energy and press that the rest of our midfielders seem incapable of providing. Will be a miss Herrera when he leaves. Sums up the recruitment shambles at the club. Never mind, maybe we can play Jones in CM next year to compensate this loss.

kkengvib

I hope he stays... actually my favorite player in the squad at the moment. To me he's got the intelligence and awareness of a top midfielder. Good workrate as well. Just lacks the technical ability. If he had the passing range and shooting ability of someone like Scholes he'd be our Pogba

RD94

Agree with you.Herrera has his purpose which you said correctly and offers nothing more and we need more from that position.Yesterday Matic was better but after first half our performance was awful compared to the first half.
We press for 45mins and after that just sit deep waiting for counter and dont have a clue how to break up opponent.
You wot? Matic categorically cannot do what Herrera does best. You couldn't have picked a player less capable than current Matic is. Replace him by who and for what price? We don't even really know the actual amount, and is more likely to be 160k than the crazy 250-300k figures being flung around. We are in this situation because of our own negligence; we are cutting our nose off to spite our face.
Overrating.Herrera has played here for 5 years and never was a first choice midfilder consistently because he misses ability to be a player which makes difference in games.

Matic is a holding player which means you have to have ability to hold the ball and shield it which he did good yesterday but awful recently,Herrera has no ability to do that, so there is no point in comparing them as they play different roles.

We play a defensive,counter football like Van gaal said recently because we have bunch of overrated players with Herrera being one of them,who have no other ability than press and even that he can do for 45mins only.We play counter even against mid table teams.

He can stay as a squad player,no question but nothing more.
Not at all. I watch his game closely. Worth a try sometime.
He has no ability take a run with ball forward and often does get rid of the ball as soon he receives it by passing sideways,or to the back and when you will see that he takes responsibility and makes a run with a ball forward,almost never.

red4ever 79

I hope he stays... actually my favorite player in the squad at the moment. To me he's got the intelligence and awareness of a top midfielder. Good workrate as well. Just lacks the technical ability. If he had the passing range and shooting ability of someone like Scholes he'd be our Pogba
He also has the right attitude to play for this club. Something many of the others do not possess sadly.

ivaldo

Overrating.Herrera has played here for 5 years and never was a first choice midfilder consistently because he misses ability to be a player which makes difference in games.

Matic is a holding player which means you have to have ability to hold the ball and shield it which he did good yesterday but awful recently,Herrera has no ability to do that, so there is no point in comparing them as they play different roles.

We play a defensive,counter football like Van gaal said recently because we have bunch of overrated players with Herrera being one of them,who have no other ability than press and even that he can do for 45mins only.We play counter even against mid table teams.

He can stay as a squad player,no question but nothing more.

He has no ability take a run with ball forward and often does get rid of the ball as soon he receives it by passing sideways,or to the back and when you will see that he takes responsibility and makes a run with a ball forward,almost never.
:confused: I didn't make the original comparison. It was the poster your just agreed with, in the exact post you just responded to...

He won our player of the year. He's been integral in Oles set up, and the stats so heavily weighted to support this they are impossible to ignore.

Your hyperbole makes it almost impossible to discuss with you. It isn't all he can do, you only have to go all the way back to yesterday to see him moving the ball well, turning players in tight areas, organizing the team and giving us a general sense of urgency and intensity we've been lacking in his absence. Can only press for 45 minutes? That's not even debatable, frankly, it's a big pile of steaming nonsense.

Ekeke has already posted ample statistics that show this notion he just passes it 'sideways and backwards' to be wholly untrue. We literally saw him turn his man while being tightly marked yesterday, in fact his little trick of shaping to go one way and the chopping the ball back the other in order to lose the man pressing him has become almost a trademark we've seen him use it they frequently.

Raw

Why is there always that group of people who always say that he's not good enough for a top team and he should be replaced? Do they think we're going to build a title winning team in one summer or something? Keeping him would be a huge help in getting through the rebuilding process. Sure, maybe he won't be good enough for a title winning team but he sure as feck is good enough for a team that can comfortably finish top 4 which is what we should be aiming to build towards this summer. And he'd be a fantastic squad option for a title winning team, if we ever reach that point in the near future.

lRed

I'd love to know the inside on Herrera's case.
Does he really ask for those huge wages ? Did United put a renewing on the table ?

I think we should seal the deal before it's too late, maybe it's already but worth it in my opinion.
It's weird that PSG wants him because they need at least one DM and Herrera is not that guy, they already bought Paredes as n°8 this winter.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

RD94

:confused: I didn't make the original comparison. It was the poster your just agreed with, in the exact post you just responded to...

He won our player of the year. He's been integral in Oles set up, and the stats so heavily weighted to support this they are impossible to ignore.

Your hyperbole makes it almost impossible to discuss with you. It isn't all he can do, you only have to go all the way back to yesterday to see him moving the ball well, turning players in tight areas, organizing the team and giving us a general sense of urgency and intensity we've been lacking in his absence. Can only press for 45 minutes? That's not even debatable, frankly, it's a big pile of steaming nonsense.

Ekeke has already posted ample statistics that show this notion he just passes it 'sideways and backwards' to be wholly untrue. We literally saw him turn his man while being tightly marked yesterday, in fact his little trick of shaping to go one way and the chopping the ball back the other in order to lose the man pressing him has become almost a trademark we've seen him use it they frequently.
Ekeke and you personally are trying to make some glorious player of Herrera which clearly he is not.

I cant bear nonsense you are saying repeteadly and posting stats in which you even including players who arent playing same position or role as Herrera and that only say how much you understand football.

He presses good for 45mins,with periods of rest,resting deeper in which we play good and after in second half we drop deeper because no one can press,run for 90mins constantly and we play counter or teams give us the ball because they know we are useless with our attacking play with the ball in our feet,possesion wise because of the likes of Herrera,Matic and other but mostly midfield fault.

And you mastermind compare Modric for example or I dont know Arthur from Barcelona in those your stats and you will probably think by them that Herrera is better in some passing range than them or that Herrera has less sideways passes than Arthur.

And after you will say Herrera is great passer of the ball because of not understanding how teams or way of playing team uses works and how players relate to style od play.

Eleven-Eighteen

There were reports last night that he was not asking for that sort of money, it was the contract length that was the sticking point.
If true, then this whole thing is bloody ridiculous. He was brilliant last night. Changed the way our midfield performs in the PL

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Ekeke and you personally are trying to make some glorious player of Herrera which clearly he is not.

I cant bear nonsense you are saying repeteadly and posting stats in which you even including players who arent playing same position or role as Herrera and that only say how much you understand football.

He presses good for 45mins,with periods of rest,resting deeper in which we play good and after in second half we drop deeper because no one can press,run for 90mins constantly and we play counter or teams give us the ball because they know we are useless with our attacking play with the ball in our feet,possesion wise because of the likes of Herrera,Matic and other but mostly midfield fault.

And you mastermind compare Modric for example or I dont know Arthur from Barcelona in those your stats and you will probably think by them that Herrera is better in some passing range than them or that Herrera has less sideways passes than Arthur.

And after you will say Herrera is great passer of the ball because of not understanding how teams or way of playing team uses works and how players relate to style od play.
I doubt anybody is saying Herrera is a glorious player and a great passer of the ball. The point that's being made again and again is that he's been good for us and for our play these past few years and it is a great shame he looks to be leaving the club when the likes of Jones and Young will still be around next year.

arthurka

This club is run by idiots.
Our only CM who can hold his own v most is allowed to leave on free!
Watch us sign some 50m player who hasn´t got a clue.

Womp

idiot
Losing our best midfielder for free. Classic .

He comes back in and we instantly look better. Maybe all that talk about us turning to shit after losing him wasn’t so wrong after all

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He brings so much energy to the middle, closes down, frees up other players.

Gutted he may be going, I’d have him easily in our top five best players

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
One of our best players, I think. Not good that he's off.

Ekeke

In the first half especially his link up play with our other players going forward was very good. So he absolutely does something with it. He also plays more forward passes than any of United's or PSG's midfielders other than Pogba and Veratti. A lot of people want us to sign Rabiot on a free but despite playing more passes overall, Ander plays more passes forward than he does and a lot less backwards and sideways. Gueye has been mentioned he plays less forward passes and same age. McTominay had an awful lot of backwards and sideways passes... Allan is the only one who I know of that is a combative midfielder like Ander but passes the ball forwards a bit more :

Johnbouche

Herrera is our best midfielder, provides all the qualities the others lack. He conducts himself brilliantly on and off the pitch. He should be the one we should be going all out to keep. We need to a squad that match his qualities, Im not saying he is a world beater but it players like him that are essential in a team. 90% of the rest of the squad are replaceable as they just don't cut it as UTD quality....Herrera however does and it would be a massive mistake to let him go on a free.

red4ever 79

In the first half especially his link up play with our other players going forward was very good. So he absolutely does something with it. He also plays more forward passes than any of United's or PSG's midfielders other than Pogba and Veratti. A lot of people want us to sign Rabiot on a free but despite playing more passes overall, Ander plays more passes forward than he does and a lot less backwards and sideways. Gueye has been mentioned he plays less forward passes and same age. McTominay had an awful lot of backwards and sideways passes... Allan is the only one who I know of that is a combative midfielder like Ander but passes the ball forwards a bit more :

Ive mentioned the boy from Everton numerous times. Good player, good intensity and would be obtainable.

Kaglish10

I would love him to stay but not on the wage he requested. We have MCTominay who's been recently unfit in our last 3 matches or so and there are players such as Lemina who can replace him. If I had my way, every players on 150k+ wage would be let go and also, Lingard.

Raw

Why don't PSG take Matic, we don't want a transfer fee, just take him. We'll give Lingard as well.
I don't think adding Lingard helps that deal in any way :lol:

Christ could you imagine Lingard and Neymar together? I'd cringe myself to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.