Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
One down, ten to go. The majority of our players arenot worth what we are paying them. Anyone who joins us will expect a huge contract to match the others.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
166k a week. The big difference is 4 years. We probably offered him 150k at 2+1 years

Assuming it is before tax. Seen somewhere after tax, which is crazy if true.
€8m/y is £132k/w.

izec

€8m/y is £132k/w.
I calculated in Euros. I still think the length of contract and the lack of wanting him signed quicker sealed the deal. Dont think he would go back to Bilbao, but PSG or Barca and he would jump immediately

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It would be dumb for the club to try and match PSG's offer and it would be dumb for him to not take PSG's offer. No one is wrong here.

Loublaze

ATLien
Never said he was Messi but he puts in a shift compared to the other muppets collecting a check.
Putting in a shift is not a qualification in singularity for playing in a club chasing for honors neither is it automatically an indication of quality. Not saying he never tried or never contributed, he was massively overrated though and not deserving of the wages he was demanding IMO. He'll be 30 in August, PSG are foolish in offering him a 4 year contract

Irwin99

Ridiculously underrated by some on here. He's not a world beater but he has the same profile/qualities of Liverpool's midfield and they're doing pretty well. If we want to play a high intensity press then Ander should be a part of our plans.

I'll miss these types of performances when he goes :(

HailtotheKing

Ridiculously underrated by some on here. He's not a world beater but he has the same profile/qualities of Liverpool's midfield and they're doing pretty well. If we want to play a high intensity press then Ander should be a part of our plans.

I'll miss these types of performances when he goes :(

Exactly, it's not just about his own talent, it's about what he brings to the team - intensity, drive, captain.
Plus he made Pogba purr. But that's another discussion. He's everything this team should be about, and it's a travesty he's going.

PaulRich

I probably agree that long term we need an upgrade but looking at the level and magnitude of utter shite that needs weeding out before him I think it may be prudent to give him that contract - even at worst he's a decent squad player. As for the inflated wage demands - well we have Ed and Alexis to thank for that.

Renegade

It would be dumb for the club to try and match PSG's offer and it would be dumb for him to not take PSG's offer. No one is wrong here.
It’s our fault for letting his contract run so close to the end. Should have wrapped it earlier.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
It’s our fault for letting his contract run so close to the end. Should have wrapped it earlier.
We have been in negotiations for about 18 months, not the club's fault if he isn't interested in accepting the offer and rightfully so if he is getting a higher offer from PSG.

scholesyboy18

Herrera is probably only one of the very few players who can be in our starting 11 or in squad. He is an instinctive passer of the ball with high energy for pressing.
The way some of the posters are saying that he can be easily replaced is laughable.
The club not able to tie him up with a contract should tell us how badly this club is run from the football side of things.

Revaulx

They fit the wage budget and have feck all to do with Herrera’s contract offer, nor playing position. Herrera isn’t a £250k a week player, if you think he is, then well what can I say.

Good luck to the lad, looks like he’s joining them just as they’re about to spiral down. Least he’ll earn a few bob doing so.
€32m over four years is about £135k a week.

But keep on making stuff up as long as it makes you feel better.

Revaulx

166k a week. The big difference is 4 years. We probably offered him 150k at 2+1 years

€32m over four years is €8m a year. Which is €153,846 per week. At today’s exchange rate of 0.86 that’s about £132,300. Which is sod all in relative terms.

Obviously if it’s post-tax it’s a whole lot different.

Ban

Good riddance absolutely rubbish, runs around like a headless chicken with zero quality on the ball. Hot and cold form throughout his years here and people give Pogba stick for inconsistency ?

There are numerous midfielders in world football who are more useful in possession and will improve the starting 11. Even Solskjaer said that when we lost the PSG home leg, they were on another level particularly in the midfield that's where the game was lost.
:lol: I mean what can you do but laugh..

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He may have just wanted a longer contract on the wage offered. We were never going to offer him a 4 year deal, most likely 2.

Eleven-Eighteen

Absolutely agree. It's all about incentives.

No one should get a fixed salary irrespective of outcomes. Forwards should especially be incentivised for goals and assists. Keepers and defenders should be incentivised for clean sheets and the like.

Woody should be incentivised to leave
I'm going to repeat myself with a clarification.

It's stupid what the club is doing with "reverse incentives" i.e. penalising players when they don't make CL. The only thing that does it create an air of cutbacks and despondence.

We need to instead baseline players salaries lower and give them positive incentives for better performance.

The club is not only failing on the football side, they're also now seemingly taking poor business decisions.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For just 150k a week?? What the actual feck
In euros, in sterling it'd be even less.

We're losing Herrera cos we aren't willing to pay him more than Ashley Young and Phil Jones. :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
In euros, in sterling it'd be even less.

We're losing Herrera cos we aren't willing to pay him more than Ashley Young and Phil Jones. :lol:
No. We're not willing to give him a long contract, which is very sensible. Giving him a 4 year deal at his age is madness and we're smart to not do it.

arnie_ni

We have been in negotiations for about 18 months, not the club's fault if he isn't interested in accepting the offer and rightfully so if he is getting a higher offer from PSG.
No they haven't. There is links is thread stating they only got in touch with him the last few months.

His 1 yr extension was done via post ffs

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Can't imagine him jumping over for 166k a week gross, unless he's getting a massive signing on fee up front.

It's more likely to be the 150k euros a week net as reported. Similar to Ramsey

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He may have just wanted a longer contract on the wage offered. We were never going to offer him a 4 year deal, most likely 2.
Think that is the likely scenario. I can understand as a foreign player with a young family that you want stability. His little girl is coming to school age and would want to be settled somewhere, not constantly worrying that you could be on the move again.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think that is the likely scenario. I can understand as a foreign player with a young family that you want stability. His little girl is coming to school age and would want to be settled somewhere, not constantly worrying that you could be on the move again.
Yeah, very good point

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
No they haven't. There is links is thread stating they only got in touch with him the last few months.

His 1 yr extension was done via post ffs
This article by Ducker says we have been in negotiations since last summer.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ping-agree-deal-man-utd-despite-psg-interest/

And this article says about his demands being unreasonable
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-herrera-contract-negotiations-a4099446.html

And here Luckhurst talks about negotiations being on for 18 months.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-transfer-news-solskjaer-16128855

Last edited:

arnie_ni

This article by Ducker says we have been in negotiations since last summer.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ping-agree-deal-man-utd-despite-psg-interest/

And this article says about his demands being unreasonable
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-herrera-contract-negotiations-a4099446.html
extended by post last year....

Everything is in this thread and has already been discussed...

arnie_ni

arnie_ni

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
extended by post last year....

Everything is in this thread and has already been discussed...
I am not even disagreeing about being informed via post. There are enough reports saying that we have discussed his new deal last year but he is demanding a lot more than we are prepared to give w.r.t. salary as well as contract length.

john moran

I am not even disagreeing about being informed via post. There are enough reports saying that we have discussed his new deal last year but he is demanding a lot more than we are prepared to give w.r.t. salary as well as contract length.
And what will we give to replace him ?. This is incompetence on an unbelievable scale and its what happens when you place a merchant banker in a position that includes contact with humans .

Status
Not open for further replies.