Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

This isn't the first bonehead mistake we've made with the squad in recent years. No news flash here but we're in serious trouble of remaining a mediocre squad for years to come.

Eleven-Eighteen

It’s fairly bog standard to have a wage decrease in a contract. Most mid table sides have most of their players on wage deductions should they be relegated from the premier league. Makes perfect sense for a club of our stature to do the same for failing to qualify for the Cl.
We aren't a mid-table club. Not yet at least.

Relegation from the premier league is far more detrimental to a club's finances than not making the CL.

My point is that one should baseline lower and incentivise for better performance, as it encourages better behaviour. The reverse is morale dampening, and should be only used in extreme cases.

Ludens the Red

We aren't a mid-table club. Not yet at least.

Relegation from the premier league is far more detrimental to a club's finances than not making the CL.

My point is that one should baseline lower and incentivise for better performance, as it encourages better behaviour. The reverse is morale dampening, and should be only used in extreme cases.
Our players play like mid table players, feck it, treat them like it.
But anyway I’m sure they have plenty of incentives in their contracts, with bonuses for achieving this and that. Too bad they haven’t fulfilled it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Going by Solskjaer's press conference, he is gone. He said probably he will announce where he will continue his career later.

-Supreme-

Going by Solskjaer's press conference, he is gone. He said probably he will announce where he will continue his career later.
He has been here for 5 years and provided many inconsistent performances.

Our summer rebuild job is starting to take place and I'm looking forward to it

roonster09

Scout
He has been here for 5 years and provided many inconsistent performances.

Our summer rebuild job is starting to take place and I'm looking forward to it
We are losing a good player and have left so much to do now. We have Matic who is poor, so midfielders we are left with are Pogba, McT, Fred, Matic. Matic doesn't have legs to cover ground quickly, Fred is still inconsistent. If Herrera leaves we might have to sign 2 midfielders.

This might mean we have to compromise signing player for other position when we need CB, RW, RB and even striker.

roonster09

Scout
Quotes? We dont even have a presser thread
Ole on Herrera: “He will probably announce himself where he’s going to continue his football.” #mufc
Not sure if any twitter reported it, I listened to the press conference, he said this. He was asked about Valencia, Ole said Valencia will play some part and then was asked about Herrera.

Mugiwarared71

Enjoy sitting on the bench for the majority of the season and walking the league Ander.

lets see stay at a club who don't value you half the time don't play you majority of the time are punching well below their weight and are run like a circus or get a huge signing on fee earn as much money as you ever could play with Mbappe Neymar and a host of other world class players and be serious challenger for champions league .

Ander has been the only consistent outfield player that puts his heart and soul into every game and the fact we let his contract run down is one of our worst mistakes since appointing Moyes not his fault .

-Supreme-

We are losing a good player and have left so much to do now. We have Matic who is poor, so midfielders we are left with are Pogba, McT, Fred, Matic. Matic doesn't have legs to cover ground quickly, Fred is still inconsistent. If Herrera leaves we might have to sign 2 midfielders.

This might mean we have to compromise signing player for other position when we need CB, RW, RB and even striker.
Not dismissing him as a bad player, but the wages he wants and he will be 30 this summer I'd rather give his spot to our youth (i.e. Mctominay) and buy a new player we feel will improve our starting XI - unfortunately this person isn't Herrera.

roonster09

Scout
Not dismissing him as a bad player, but the wages he wants and he will be 30 this summer I'd rather give his spot to our youth (i.e. Mctominay) and buy a new player we feel will improve our starting XI - unfortunately this person isn't Herrera.
Agreed, wages are too big if the rumors are true. Just that we will end up spending too much money, or we will end up needing to do too much at wrong time.

Untd55

I don't think he is amazing. I think he severely lacks in creativity, which is a major issue in our team. Should have been put as a defensive midfielder, but I think there are better around.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
People don't really expect us to pay those wages? We need better players than him if we want to move forward. We can't keep giving huge salaries and to squad level players

Full bodied red

People don't really expect us to pay those wages? We need better players than him if we want to move forward. We can't keep giving huge salaries and to squad level players

Yeah...

It would be nice if for once we actually sign someone who wants to play for us and doesn't want to sign for us because we pay big wages.

gr3yham3

Won't be surprised if our interest in Godfrey is not just as a CB, but to play the "Herrera" role of disciplined DM who tackles hard, with good stamina and pace to cover the ground and shield the defence.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
If he goes its fine. Hes too inconsistent for my liking. He can be a great player but if he doesn't like the place no point in him staying.

We need to freshen up the midfield anyway. Sometimes you just need a different style/blend of players.

Herrera might be better than the player we bring in but if hes the right blend we may be better off.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This isn't the first bonehead mistake we've made with the squad in recent years. No news flash here but we're in serious trouble of remaining a mediocre squad for years to come.
I'm not over the moon about it, but he wasn't exactly making us not mediocre

Lee565

We lost out on the perfect free replacement for him if he leaves in iconically a player with the same second name as him in Hector Herrera, why we wasnt all over this guy who is known for having amazing stamina I dont know?

iHicksy

I feel like the people don't rate him just don't understand football and go off of fifa stats. If you've ever played at a decent level you'd know how valuable a player like Herrera is to the team, not only to his quality on the pitch but his determination and actually understanding what the club is about and playing for the shirt is something that you can't really put a price on and what's more these are the qualities that the majority of our team are missing. Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Rio, Neville etc all had these attributes. The fact that we're selling one of only a few players at the club who have the attributes to actually play for a Manchester United team is what really sticks in the throat of the fans who get it.

SER19

We really should try to keep herrera. Type of character on the field that we need

We need an rvn

he's been here for 5 years and has been part of a very mediocre team (in terms of title challenging teams). If he was that good, he'd have been starting every match and dominating midfield in whatever his strength is. He's done neither, nor do I really know what type of midfielder he is. Why should we keep mediocrity and pay them £200k p/w - maybe it's a club philosophy change to stop paying and we'll start to see more of the culls on players demanding £200k when I think only 1 player at spurs is on that and look where they are.

He's a nice guy and sad he's leaving, but I'm not losing any sleep over this at all.

Let's see what we do over the summer before we start to criticise who goes out.

lsd

The Oracle
I feel like the people don't rate him just don't understand football and go off of fifa stats. If you've ever played at a decent level you'd know how valuable a player like Herrera is to the team, not only to his quality on the pitch but his determination and actually understanding what the club is about and playing for the shirt is something that you can't really put a price on and what's more these are the qualities that the majority of our team are missing. Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Rio, Neville etc all had these attributes. The fact that we're selling one of only a few players at the club who have the attributes to actually play for a Manchester United team is what really sticks in the throat of the fans who get it.

I feel the same about those who do rate him

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I'm sad to see him go, I'd compare it with Liverpool getting rid of of Alonso.
:confused:

One good season in 5. People talk about being elite and then they keep hanging onto average players. Let him go, we get a chance to get an upgrade on him!

Status
Not open for further replies.