Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Part of me feels like his supposed loyalty and attachment to our club was all fake and he's just a mercenary chasing the money.

The other part of me feels like he felt a strong attachment to this club, was hurt when we lagged on contract talks then offered him less than what he is genuinely worth and ultimately he did what he had to do.

Overall I'm not that fussed. He's 30 as of next season and if this is a chance for him to get a long-term well-paid contract that we wouldn't offer then it's hard to argue.

He always tried on the pitch, more than can be said for most of the current crop, but he's replaceable.

Mugiwarared71

Probably Smalling, I like Herrera but we need more.

past 6 seaons hes one of the only players here for that long but as far as consitant good performances go that is false
:confused:

One good season in 5. People talk about being elite and then they keep hanging onto average players. Let him go, we get a chance to get an upgrade on him!
the problem is he is not average he is those types of players that are key to a good overall team and we are letting him go on a zero business wise its a joke there are far worse players and i could give u at least 15 Man utd players that are less important than him any fan who doesn't appreciate what he brings and the loss he will have simply don't understand the huge predicament we are in and how terribly run we are .

Last edited by a moderator:

Donut

Glad we didn't resign him on the wages reported. He's an okay player, and shouldn't be close to our starting line-up. He's not going to play much at PSG.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
past 6 seaons hes one of the only players here for that long but as far as consitant good performances go that is false

the problem is he is not average he is those types of players that are key to a good overall team and we are letting him go on a zero business wise its a joke there are far worse players and i could give u at least 15 Man utd players that are less important than him any fan who doesn't appreciate what he brings and the loss he will have simply don't understand the huge predicament we are in and how terribly run we are .
No. We don't keep such a player on the kind of wages he wants.

redshaw

Hope he doesn't get on the mic at OT telling us he's moving to the oil club.

Save it for twitter or something

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Alonso? Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga, World Cup, Euro Championship winner Xabi Alonso?

Get a grip man. I like Herrera a lot but there's a reason he's always been in and out of the side in his time here.
You are spot on. Herrera is a million miles away from the quality of Alonso. A laughable comparison.

Hammondo

lets see stay at a club who don't value you half the time don't play you majority of the time are punching well below their weight and are run like a circus or get a huge signing on fee earn as much money as you ever could play with Mbappe Neymar and a host of other world class players and be serious challenger for champions league .

Ander has been the only consistent outfield player that puts his heart and soul into every game and the fact we let his contract run down is one of our worst mistakes since appointing Moyes not his fault .
Serious challenger?

Irwin99

Part of me feels like his supposed loyalty and attachment to our club was all fake and he's just a mercenary chasing the money.

The other part of me feels like he felt a strong attachment to this club, was hurt when we lagged on contract talks then offered him less than what he is genuinely worth and ultimately he did what he had to do.

Overall I'm not that fussed. He's 30 as of next season and if this is a chance for him to get a long-term well-paid contract that we wouldn't offer then it's hard to argue.

He always tried on the pitch, more than can be said for most of the current crop, but he's replaceable.
I'd be pissed if I was the club's player of the year in 16/17 with 11 assists and a consistent run of good performances including man of the match in the Europa League final only to be instantly dropped and replaced next season by a slow and lumbering Serbian midfielder. His form when he got back in the team because of Pogba's injury was rubbish and i think that Jose and the club made it clear that they were in no rush to renew his contract. You can't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere.

If we want to play a more defensive system (like Jose 17/18) then he's not a big miss. If we want to play a fast, aggressive system of pressing (Liverpool) then he'll be a big miss.

Patrick08

Going by Solskjaer's press conference, he is gone. He said probably he will announce where he will continue his career later.
Business club thinking about the business more than the team. What a disgrace if he goes just because he is 29 while the club hold on to dead weights like Matic and Mata who are on similar age absolutely contributing nothing to our team except bodies as squad fillers.

I will have a meltdown if he leaves as we are not going to replace him in the team.

Patrick08

What a disgrace.. You extend jones and smalling and rojo..possibly mata too. But not the team man and hardest worker in the club Herrera.. Just because he is 29 and your new dumb policy does not allow it. Such a shame

Only a business club can make this decision while I am sure, we won't be replacing him in the team buying a 3rd midfielder.

Forget the title for 3 more years.. I am totally ashamed of what this club has become today.

If you can't give him what he wants then sell him and reinvest the money, but you let your asset become a free agent and lose out on the fee as well and sabotage your own teams chances in next upcoming seasons.

This is exactly like arsenal. The clubs mentality has rotten and stinks.

Ef off Woodward you stink.

Pretty sure this also resulted poor form of de gea and other players which resulted in us being dumped out of top 4.

Mainoldo

All the best Ander. Hopefully we don’t replace you with some championship player we think we can develop.

Kostur

海尔的老板
What a disgrace.. You extend jones and smalling and rojo..possibly mata too. But not the team man and hardest worker in the club Herrera.. Just because he is 29 and your new dumb policy does not allow it. Such a shame

Only a business club can make this decision while I am sure, we won't be replacing him in the team buying a 3rd midfielder.

Forget the title for 3 more years.. I am totally ashamed of what this club has become today.

If you can't give him what he wants then sell him and reinvest the money, but you let your asset become a free agent and lose out on the fee as well and sabotage your own teams chances in next upcoming seasons.

This is exactly like arsenal. The clubs mentality has rotten and stinks.

Ef off Woodward you stink.
While I don't think that him leaving will be all that bad (depends on how other departures pan out), I wholehertdly agree that it's an absolute pisstake that we've extended with shite like Jones, Rojo and Young and fail to extend with Herrera.

Patrick08

While I don't think that him leaving will be all that bad (depends on how other departures pan out),
It already did the damage with us being dumped out of top 4 with poor form in midfield, now we weaken the squad and also the depth of it to cope with injuries as we won't be replacing him while already losing out the revenue.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
One of the only players in our team who truly gives his all every game is leaving. You can't really blame him he's 29 and he's one of our least paid players and there are a lot of players in our team who don't deserve it and are paid much better than him. Him leaving is a result of our flawed structure.

Tiber

He should be our captain. Instead we snubbed him for Valencia of all people and yet again underused him on the field.

Hard to blame him for taking the chance to earn more money while playing in a better team

MrSingh2002

Average player who on his day could be a key man. Not bothered about him leaving as long as he's replaced by a better player. Rakitic type player that Pogba should've been. A real CM.

izec

The club knows they fecked up and feared a backlash. He was a popular member of the first team inside and outside the dressing room. That is the state of United in 2019, not only for releasing the video but also the player. Everything feels so amateurish these days. Oh yeah, and Ed Woodward.

gulli_G

I like him but he was not worth the big last contract, I'm glad Ole and Co have made a stance, getting rid of overpaid high earners who are not super players should be part of the reboot.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Young, Jones and Smalling get extensions. Herrera doesn't.

Something doesn't add up.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Young, Jones and Smalling get extensions. Herrera doesn't.

Something doesn't add up.
Those three signed what was offered to them. Herrera didn't. What doesn't add up? You wanted the club to give him 200k/week?

-Supreme-

If the reports are true that Herrera is asking for around 200k a week then we have dodged a bullet there

Just because the club have made mistakes by renewing Jones and Rojo contracts doesn't mean the rest of the average squad players should follow suit.

Suvvernmanc

I absolutely love Ander Herrera but if hes off to PSG for insane wages then I have no problem with him leaving. Someone of his age or quality should not be getting £200k week or what ever hes being offered by PSG. I would say UTD have done the right thing and stood firm in his contract offer.

We obviously need new players in the midfield now and with him leaving, it could be a blessing in disguise. We now have the opportunity to buy a young and hungry midfielder to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.