Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

It’s just frustrating. We extend Jones and let Herrera go. It should really be the other way around.
We did offer him a contract, he refused. He made his mind up yonks ago when he wasn't playing as much under Jose and we bought more players in. He said he probably wouldn't be re-signing in April 2018.

Time to lock the thread.

stevoc

had we extended 18 months ago - which we should have - 300k offers/demands wouldn't have been a thing

We messed this one up sadly
18 months ago we signed Sanchez and gave him £450k per week, thats where the crazy wage demands from other players likely came from.

So i doubt he would have extended for way less back then.

SAFMUTD

18 months ago we signed Sanchez and gave him £450k per week, thats where the crazy wage demands from other players likely came from.

So i doubt he would have extended for way less back then.
Still it was poor management, the way to do it is you renew each player year after year when they are in their prime, if they don’t want to renew then you freeze them for one season and then sell them. This wage you hold all the cards and the wages don’t increase that much. Thats the way Spurs handle themselves.

Other option is you start negotiating a renewal when the player have 2 years left, if you can’t find an agreement then you sell them while he still haves value. If you wait until the last year of contract then the player holds all the cards and will ask for amazing wages, just like Herrera and De Gea.

stevoc

Still it was poor management, the way to do it is you renew each player year after year when they are in their prime, if they don’t want to renew then you freeze them for one season and then sell them. This wage you hold all the cards and the wages don’t increase that much. Thats the way Spurs handle themselves.

Other option is you start negotiating a renewal when the player have 2 years left, if you can’t find an agreement then you sell them while he still haves value. If you wait until the last year of contract then the player holds all the cards and will ask for amazing wages, just like Herrera and De Gea.
Well i largely agree but to be fair the club did start negotiations with him 2 years ago. A few months later we signed Sanchez which overnight raised the upper limits of how much a player can earn at Man Utd and it was around this time it seems that Herrera and his agent decided he was worth £300k per week but the club felt otherwise. So while it may have been smarter to sell him 12 months ago theres no guarantee he would have agreed to leave.

We'll See Out There!

Got carried off the pitch by Mark Nobel a few seasons ago like a child!! Not exactly a warrior in the Robson/Keane mould now was he? Best thing he did was get Stampy G his cards during his famous 41 seconds at Anfield. Squad player at best.

Decomposing In Paris

He's 29, not 35
He'll be 33 by the end of that big 4 year contract (if he ever actually signs it), and has had niggling injuries regularly... I didn't want us to sell him, and I think he's anything but the average player many on here claim... but we don't know how it would go. You are right, he's 29, not 35. He's also not 23.

buckooo1978

Well i largely agree but to be fair the club did start negotiations with him 2 years ago. A few months later we signed Sanchez which overnight raised the upper limits of how much a player can earn at Man Utd and it was around this time it seems that Herrera and his agent decided he was worth £300k per week but the club felt otherwise. So while it may have been smarter to sell him 12 months ago theres no guarantee he would have agreed to leave.
if we did start negotiations 2 years ago then you have to question our management

surely at the beginning of last summer you make Herrera a take it or leave it offer and if he isnt up for it we should have cashed in

more mismanagement by the looks of it

SATA

I think i'll throw up a little when i see him pose and smile in a PSG jersey, which should eventually be very soon. Yucks

RedDevil@84

He's a good player and i'm sad he's leaving but if its true he wanted £300,000k per week then its the right decision. He's almost 30 and while he may have been first choice under Ole it's not guaranteed as he's never been a nailed on starter in 5 years at the club.
Now it is 300k. By the start of next season, this value will probably reach Messi levels

mu4c_20le

if we did start negotiations 2 years ago then you have to question our management

surely at the beginning of last summer you make Herrera a take it or leave it offer and if he isnt up for it we should have cashed in

We are never a club that 'cashes in' I feel, not like the Chelseas or the Spurs that always seem to be ready to turn their players over for a profit. We are a terrible selling club, whether it's because of the United brand I dont know, but even under Fergie we would buy high and sell low more often than not.

NotQuiteManc

He may or may not be the best player at United, but IMHO United's start of poor form was in correlation with Hererra not being in the team. He kept the midfield ticking, and provide the safety net so Pogba could be given (more) freedom to attack and not worry too much in defending.

deafepl

Is he retiring from football? Only PSG who is interested in signing him but it seems PSG has cooled their interests down.

SAFMUTD

You have to sell the player as soon as he doesnt agree to a new contract, we are really soft and poor negotiating contracts at the moment. We should be ruthless, we keep raising and raising the wages eventhough the results are getting worst and worst. Players getting increased wages like Rojo just make me sick.

stevoc

Definitely but we're pretty good at mismanaging assets. 2 years ago we probably could have got £10-15m for Darmian but we priced him out of a move only for him to sit on the bench picking up a wage, then we did the same last year and probably do the same again this year and then let him leave on a free next season.

Now it is 300k. By the start of next season, this value will probably reach Messi levels
Thats what pretty much all reports including Forbes are saying he was asking for from United. Are all those reports wrong are you privy to how much he was asking from United to extend his deal?

Last edited:

stevoc

You have to sell the player as soon as he doesnt agree to a new contract, we are really soft and poor negotiating contracts at the moment. We should be ruthless, we keep raising and raising the wages eventhough the results are getting worst and worst. Players getting increased wages like Rojo just make me sick.

In an ideal world wastes of space like Rojo and Darmian shouldn't even be getting wages from the club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He cared so much for the club that he let his contract run down so we got feck all for him.

I’ve got two words for you, feck him!

Motorman

What if they say no?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He cared so much for the club that he let his contract run down so we got feck all for him.

I’ve got two words for you, feck him!
And I suppose you work for free and would turn down a similar offer at your work place? Because as much as people go on about loyalty, this is a job for him and we've hardly treated him with a lot of respect over the course of 2 clown managers.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
And I suppose you work for free and would turn down a similar offer at your work place? Because as much as people go on about loyalty, this is a job for him and we've hardly treated him with a lot of respect over the course of 2 clown managers.
He alleged demanded over £100k extra per week. If I asked for a 100% pay rise my work would tell me to get fecked.

Loublaze

ATLien
Most overrated player in this team.Not one Spain manager preferred him over years because he is simply not good enough.Dani Parejo,Sergio Canales,Ceballos are picked over him and they are only good players who would never play in a top team and how many midfielders went through and play for Spain and he was never picked because he is just not on a top club level.

What a drama for a player of his worth.He was in talks two years for a new contract,its not he wasnt offered but he wanted wages which were too high,we didnt want to kneel to those demands for a 30 year old player,declining and made a right choice of saying thank you and goodbye.
Good post. PSG will be trying to get rid of him after one season on those ridiculous wages. They are clueless

SAFMUTD

What if they say no?
Let them rot on the reserves for the rest of the contract, you don’t have to do it with every player just with one. That would settle the example that you mean it and no player with cross you again.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He alleged demanded over £100k extra per week. If I asked for a 100% pay rise my work would tell me to get fecked.
He did that because we failed to raise his wages by resigning him earlier. Had we paid out a bit less a bit quicker, we would not have had this issue at all.

He knew he could command higher wages because of the situation. We're now set to go for a 30-year-old Everton midfielder who is no better than Herrera and pay £40m. Allocate that fee over 4 years and signing Ander would look like a bargain. Now we're stuck with average dross like McT and Matic who will make Herrera look like Scholes next season.

Houdini

Disappointed that he left the club. If he went for money than... hmm I liked him :(

Kaglish10

He may or may not be the best player at United, but IMHO United's start of poor form was in correlation with Hererra not being in the team. He kept the midfield ticking, and provide the safety net so Pogba could be given (more) freedom to attack and not worry too much in defending.
Nah. He was part of the shambles against PSG. Nothing player while we are in possession. What Pogba needs is an option to have while he's in possession but Herrera hardly provided option.

Status
Not open for further replies.