Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
I think it's best for both parties if he moved on now. I can see him going back home to a Brazilian club for a few million. Such a shame, he was so highly rated when we signed him.

Not as a CM though. We converted him to that position.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Seel Ando. Lighten our midfield. Good plan.

Keep him unless we sign two CMs. If we sign 2 CMs, retire him and hire him to just travel with the team, keeping spirits up.

Silly point and silly idea, there are plenty of good CM's for whom if the money is right the selling club will sell, we should be focusing on bringing some of them in and getting rid of a player who even when fit isn't good enough to command a place in the first team. We simply don't seem to trust him as a starter unless the games mean nothing or there a very few other CM options and even then you expect to see him drift out of the game as it goes on and then get hauled off around the 60 min mark. Time to try something new, he has been given plenty of time to make it here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it'd be best for him to move on, because while I do think he is good enough and very talented, he's just had awful injury problems from day one. He had a great run of form in the first half of the season but then, like always, he got injured. Don't think it will be anything different next season.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He should be given as little choice of staying at United as possible then he might get the message that a period in Portugal would be very good for rebuilding his career.
I think strangely the comment I read was angled more from a 'behind the scenes perspective', he wouldn't enjoy it, nothing about the quality of football was implied I believe...

I see him suiting the Samba lands... perhaps Brazil?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we only sign Strootman or a similar player (Fellaini, McCarthy), he should stay.
If we only sign Thiago or a similar player (Marchisio), he can stay, but probably is better to leave.
If we sign Thiago and Strootman (or two similar players to them), he must leave.

In either case, no more bullshit like he will reach potential and become a great player for us, if he stays, he should simply be a back up and the last midfielder in our pecking order.

This. I don't know exactly Thiago and Strootman's injury record, but I don't imagine it being nearly as bad as Anderson's. He does well as a squad player, and we do need players like him here. He's not shit when he plays, in fact he is one of the only CMs that really drives us forward and brings an attacking sense to our game. If one of those mentioned above signs, that leaves 4 and a half CMs: Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Strootman/Thiago and Giggs (Giggs is a half because he just isn't a CM). You could use Jones there, but hopefully Moyes sees sense and just keeps him in defense. But with both Strootman and Thiago arriving (could very well happen) then that is enough of a squad not to have him.

If he goes I will miss him, as I do enjoy seeing him play and he seems a right character in the dressing room.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'd keep him, we are not exactly flush with CM options right now, particularly with scholes retiring. So we should be looking at keeping our current midfielders and bringing in an extra body. Plus, while he may be injury prone, I can't but help like the guy. I'd say he is good for the dressing room as well

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Assuming we actually, somehow, brought in Alcantara and Strootman, the first choice would be to thank Ando for his services and sell him. But I wouldn't mind keeping him around for the oddball league cup match or third round FA Cup match unless one of our youth mids made it up to the first team.

But let's face it, the Ando gambit never worked and the sooner we can cut our losses, the better.

humdinger

I like him but my patience is gone. Time for him to move on and be replaced with someone who can actually have a realistic chance of playing week in week out.

Liam147

On Probation
Don't know what wages he's on. If they're fairly low and he's prepared to be a backup then he may as well stay. Doubt we'd get too much from him anyway. Otherwise, get rid. Offers far too little on a regular basis. Shows flashes of excellence but never more than that.

Amir

No, I've had enough. It's not happening for him, and the cost to our team is too high. Time for him to go elsewhere and time for us to go on a different route.

blitz133w

His passing is absolutely horrondous. He has that drive but he loses the ball so often. When he's on a bad patch, he screws things up countless times. His hollywood balls is what frustrates me immensely. Still he keeps trying to pull scholes-like passes. Maybe he has it in him to make it at united, but he's not showing it. If that is not enough, his injuries pull him back more. He's a very likeable character in the dressing room I suppose. Even after so many years, he's not able to improve his stamina to desired levels. But in his defence, he sprints everywhere till he drops dead. Probably it's our fault for trying to make him a CM when it wasn't his position. This transfer will go down as a flop. He had his chances in the past and he failed to capitalize. There's no way he can blame anyone except himself(and maybe bad luck). It's time to move on. The only reason he got so many chances was because of the lack of midfield depth. Now if we buy one world class midfielder, his opportunities will keep decreasing. Better sell him now for some cash, it's best for both parties. He shouldn't regret his time here, he won major honours and worked under the best manager in the world.

Varun

Staff
Is it actually true? I wish there was a footballing version of Snopes.com

Arruda, the porto fan, has posted at length about this earlier. Ando flourished in a much more attacking role than the one we gave him here at United. He was not a CM. That said, his lack of stamina and his injury prone body has more to do with his failure here than his footballing abilities imo.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Last year was his make or break for him. He showed it glimpses, done well until his injury around Christmas, but never got the groove back. He isn't a bad squad player, but he wasn't bought to be just a squad player. It is probably best for him to move on if he wishes to recapture his form and revive his career.

But it also depends if he go buying players to replace him. With him and scholes gone, we'd be light in experience in the middle. So if we get one or 2 midfielders,checks defo gone,

NM

Silly point and silly idea, there are plenty of good CM's for whom if the money is right the selling club will sell, we should be focusing on bringing some of them in and getting rid of a player who even when fit isn't good enough to command a place in the first team. We simply don't seem to trust him as a starter unless the games mean nothing or there a very few other CM options and even then you expect to see him drift out of the game as it goes on and then get hauled off around the 60 min mark. Time to try something new, he has been given plenty of time to make it here.

No its not. We would obviously seell him if we were bringing somebody him. Nobody would offer good money for him either right now. What I said is there was no point selling him unless we add numbers there. If you disagree with that, enjoy watching Rafael in midfield again.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
Arruda, the porto fan, has posted at length about this earlier. Ando flourished in a much more attacking role than the one we gave him here at United. He was not a CM. That said, his lack of stamina and his injury prone body has more to do with his failure here than his footballing abilities imo.
Ah. I'll take his word.

But we do need a footballing snopes.

Rafa didn't have money to spend: Myth. Even after factoring in Gross Spending, Net Spending, Wages..​

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
No its not. We would obviously seell him if we were bringing somebody him. Nobody would offer good money for him either right now. What I said is there was no point selling him unless we add numbers there. If you disagree with that, enjoy watching Rafael in midfield again.

Fair point, however there is no real excuse for not bringing in anybody, we have had about 2 seasons to realize that we need new options in CM and by most accounts the money is there. This is also the first time for quite a few seasons that I can remember there being some really good CM options available who could improve our squad.

Strootman
Van Ginkel
Matic
Belhanda
Fellaini

To name a few are all players who would be available at the right price and I would back them to contribute more to out first team than Ando currently does. There is no reason why the money would not be there so the only real hindrance should be the attentions of other clubs.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I think I read something from him saying he wouldn't want to play in Porto now... maybe wrong but I thought that is what he said..

Good, that way they can't buy him for a small fee from us, then sell him on for 5 times the price, much like they have done for every other player they sold. They are smart motherfcukers I tell ya.

OJKernow

My heart wants him to stay and prove the naysayers wrong in the same way as it has done for the past 2-3 years but my head says maybe it's time to go.

I think it depends on what Moyes plans to do regarding setup and tactics. If we're going to be playing the same system that we have under Fergie then he'll probably move on and we will look to sign an out and out CM. However, if we look to go down a more dynamic route which has looked exciting in spells over the last couple of seasons when Cleverley and Anderson seemed to work well together, with Carrick in there as well as any new signing competing for a place then there's a fair chance he will stay.

Name Changed

weso26
I am indifferent. I like him. On his day, he is a very good midfielder and he offers something completely different.

On the other hand, he struggles badly with fitness. He is often clearly overweight. I really think this is unprofessional and a professional football should always be at a certain fitness, even taking in injuries. There is no excuse for being frequently unfit.

If he managed to get 100% fit, I'd love him to stay. I don't think he will at this stage though.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Fair point, however there is no real excuse for not bringing in anybody, we have had about 2 seasons to realize that we need new options in CM and by most accounts the money is there. This is also the first time for quite a few seasons that I can remember there being some really good CM options available who could improve our squad.

Strootman
Van Ginkel
Matic
Belhanda
Fellaini

To name a few are all players who would be available at the right price and I would back them to contribute more to out first team than Ando currently does. There is no reason why the money would not be there so the only real hindrance should be the attentions of other clubs.
We've needed new blood in CM since 2009. This is 20 fecking 13. There have always been CM players available. We brought Scholes out of retirement, and played the likes of Rafael and Park in midfield to avoid spending money. I'm just pessimistic about us making purchases in that department, and selling midfielders at this stage without having confirmed replacements doesn't sound wise.

NM

Strootman
Van Ginkel
Matic
Belhanda
Fellaini

Agreed. We need a CM.. All I said is we shouldn't sell Ando if we don't bring somebody in.. If we do, we can't count on Fletch.. So it might still make sense to keep him.

This sucks. Ando and Fletch are two of my favorites and both may be gone soon.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
We've needed new blood in CM since 2009. This is 20 fecking 13. There have always been CM players available. We brought Scholes out of retirement, and played the likes of Rafael and Park in midfield to avoid spending money. I'm just pessimistic about us making purchases in that department, and selling midfielders at this stage without having confirmed replacements doesn't sound wise.

Again fair point about not selling before we buy, but there is no excuse as far as i'm concerned for not buying so for me selling Anderson should be only a matter of time.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
His third last chance :lol:
He is still only 25 feels like he has been here ages. I don't think he is fat I feel he is buly like Hulk and they tend to look akward on the pitch. It may be a reason he gets injured alot losing muscle mass should help. Lets not talk about the potential he showed in his first season it hurts too much. What is his ceiling now. I don't think he will ever be one of the best midfielders he is a good squad player/starter to have different from what we already have as the youngsters come up maybe we ship him out.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Good, that way they can't buy him for a small fee from us, then sell him on for 5 times the price, much like they have done for every other player they sold. They are smart motherfcukers I tell ya.
I take it you saw that thread the other day on Porto, just be aware they pay a lot of 'extra' fee's to agents and undisclosed fee's. They are very good are returning a profit, but the figures that are being passed recently are exaggerated.

SirAF

Ageist
I want him to stay exclusively for his antics and mascot like qualities.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I did not read it no. But I can imagine they did not receive the "60 mil Euros" in total for Hulk, and that a lot of it went to other parties.

Still, if they had to give even half of that money, it's still good business from them, especialy when they are buying these players for less than 5 mil at a time.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In an ideal world we would have plenty of other choices. At this time I'd keep him. Lets see if Moyes can shake him out of his slumber. Maybe one of Moyes pre-seasons might get him fit for a change.

There are really no obstacles in his way apart from himself. Scholes has retired, Fletcher as we know is not fit, and may never be. He really only has to compete with Carrick, 39 year old Ryan Giggs & random defenders playing midfield.

If he cant breakthrough this year, he should be taken out into a field and shot

Shark

@NotShark
What would we gain by moving him on? I can't see us getting much for him, and we're thin in CM as it is.

I think that we'll continue to keep him in hope that he'll at least turn out to be a good squad player.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
In an ideal world we would have plenty of other choices. At this time I'd keep him. Lets see if Moyes can shake him out of his slumber. Maybe one of Moyes pre-seasons might get him fit for a change.

There are really no obstacles in his way apart from himself. Scholes has retired, Fletcher as we know is not fit, and may never be. He really only has to compete with Carrick, 39 year old Ryan Giggs & random defenders playing midfield.

If he cant breakthrough this year, he should be taken out into a field and shot

Or actually kill him.

Steven Seagull

He'll end up in Turkey or Portugal and do some spectacular things but nothing that's high enough quality or consistent enough for us. Bit of a shame we haven't encouraged his attacking play over the years but its hard to know how good he would've been in the attacking role anyway

The Neviller

I see no harm in keeping him as a squad player, even if we sign a couple of midfielders. I doubt he's on huge wages, and while he's under contract we might as well have him in and around the squad. It's not like we're going to get a substantial fee for selling him.

The point about a Moyes pre-season is interesting. Do we think Moyes will bring an extra level of fitness to our current players? If so, a fit Anderson would be an interesting prospect.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It would be cool if a mod was able to add a poll to the thread?

As much as I love Ando's character, it's time for him to move on. Every season it feels like "this could be his year" - & in the end t's contributed to us not strengthening that area IMO.

If he finds the right team, league, playing style etc, he could be a huge hit there but each season with us thus far has been blighted by injury, poor form etc. bit unlucky but tough

Status
Not open for further replies.