Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
No. I was unhappy. Unhappy for two reasons. First of all (the one that matters me the most) everyone could see that Ronaldo was a very talented player that would definitely help us achieve our campaign objectives. It was a bad deal period. If he was to play for us in Champions League, i have no doubt that we would sell for the double. That´s what i want us to do with Carvalho. I won´t have any problem if he leaves us next year. Porto was already doing big business at the time. And that´s because they have a very competent board in what concerns transfer deals. Our boards were the opposite. Until Bruno de Carvalho got appointed, i can´t remember a good deal besides Nani (which was a good deal by Soares Franco).
If Ronaldo was playing at Porto, i don´t have any doubt that he would be sold for the double or triple. If United didn´t want to pay the price, no problem. He would play another year and get further valorization. Quaresma was a bad deal, it can´t be used as an example. Porto sold him for the double or triple to Mourinho´s Inter. It was that money plus a player named Rochemback (who was average at best).
It was a question of timing. Not only Dias da Cunha was an incompetent chairman in what concerns transfers, he was feeling the pressure of making money because we had just inaugurated a brand new stadium. United couldn´t get better circunstancies to make a deal as our board was under financial pressure.
Good thing you guys have a firm and competent board now then. The way you guys have been firm on W.Carvalho even though the big clubs have been clearly interested in him is really impressive. It kind of shows you guys aren't desperate to sell and will only sell on your terms. Sporting also handled the Rojo transfer saga brilliantly as well, not bending to the demands of the player and his agents/fund. The way Sporting made him apologise for refusing to train before selling him was impressive and showed you guys weren't going to succumb to player power. Just hope you guys remember the Nani goodwill deal when we come knocking for Carvalho, Mane and Gauld ;).

NK86

:lol:

Although i have a soft spot for United, i´ve always resented the fact that you got Ronaldo for peanuts. Peanuts if you compare to other business Porto has done and even our Nani deal. But this Rojo deal has left me extremely pleased, so were good now.

Next year mate, next year.
I kind of understand but 12 million for a youngster at that time was a pretty good layout for Sporting. Now in hindsight it might seem peanuts but it was not the case at that time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I kind of understand but 12 million for a youngster at that time was a pretty good layout for Sporting. Now in hindsight it might seem peanuts but it was not the case at that time.
Not enough mate. There´s a little bit of hinsight but i remember the opinion of most of the Sporting fans on our forum at that time and it wasn´t a positive one. Everyone basically said the same thing. Use him in our Champions League and portuguese league campaign and sell him next year. He was only 18, had plenty of time to move abroad. Like i said in the previous post, United got lucky we were in need of fresh money. Board also choose the wrong strategy. They prefered to keep more experienced players, which basically gave us nothing but a couple of portuguese cups. I´m not saying we would win the Champions League with Ronaldo but we would probably win the league. With a decent Champions League campaign the 12 million would probably be easily turned into 24 millions. But Jorge Mendes was establishing himself and he desperatly wanted to enter the english market. That also helped pressure us to sell him.

NK86

Not enough mate. There´s a little bit of hinsight but i remember the opinion of most of the Sporting fans on our forum at that time and it wasn´t a positive one. Everyone basically said the same thing. Use him in our Champions League and portuguese league campaign and sell him next year. He was only 18, had plenty of time to move abroad. Like i said in the previous post, United got lucky we were in need of fresh money. Board also choose the wrong strategy. They prefered to keep more experienced players, which basically gave us nothing but a couple of portuguese cups. I´m not saying we would win the Champions League with Ronaldo but we would probably win the league. With a decent Champions League campaign the 12 million would probably be easily turned into 24 millions. But Jorge Mendes was establishing himself and he desperatly wanted to enter the english market. That also helped pressure us to sell him.
Could well be. I am not saying that 12 million was a lot of money but a lot of United fans at that time must have thought that it was an expensive buy for an 18 yo who had only ever played in the Portugese League. Many were also furious with him during his initial years as he was a lot of showboating but no end product. I will hold my hands up and say that I was one of them. But in hindsight 12 mil was a frickin steal :)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Our situation is so dire that if we don't make any new signings we only have 3 fit CMs at this time. He has to be kept if for nothing more than insurance.

montpelier

In a parallel universe far, far away. Anderson finally realising his early-doors vast potential is saving us shedloads of ££££ through not having to buy that top class dynamic MF player who must be arriving in the next 11 days.

soapythecat

Right, i'm going to put it out there.....I get a feeling he is going to do ok this season. Not stand out, but I just get the feeling LVG is going to turn it around for him. He won't be a starter but I bet he plays more this season that he has done thus far for United.
I'd love it if he did and i'm sure there are many United fans would too. Would be a brilliant story.
It's clear there is nothing to lose on any side as he isn't wanted anywhere, we have to pay his wages, may as well see what gives.
....i'm being a tad optimistic, aren't I?

ricky-romeo

Fellaini is going to be out for sometime now. Carrick is still 2 months away from return.

Ando could be starting for us in the next few weeks by the look of it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Only surprising thing is LVG hasn't yet called Anderson's fitness into question, like he did Shaw. Supposed Anderson hasn't played for him yet. Little turd usually starts huffing and puffing around the 60 min mark.

Gosh, no matter how irritating it is to still have him as a CM option, you still can't help but love the chap :lol/

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Right, i'm going to put it out there.....I get a feeling he is going to do ok this season. Not stand out, but I just get the feeling LVG is going to turn it around for him. He won't be a starter but I bet he plays more this season that he has done thus far for United.
I'd love it if he did and i'm sure there are many United fans would too. Would be a brilliant story.
It's clear there is nothing to lose on any side as he isn't wanted anywhere, we have to pay his wages, may as well see what gives.
....i'm being a tad optimistic, aren't I?
I'm with you!

With hindsight we bought a number 10 and tried to convert him to a b2b, something that never suited his ability and style. All together with his injuries and an unhealthy lifestyle who made him a sick note and not able to fulfill his potential. He will never become the same player he was as a teenager but I wish God use his power and give Ando some luck and maybe he can have a pay back time to all of us who have laughed on his behalf. He's worth it.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Do people here know about Anderson's story at Gremio?

When Gremio were at a very tough financial period, with bad players, the manager was eating with the team. At one point, the youth team came in the caffeteria, and there was a 16 year old kid with braids using two cell phones and two watches.

The manager saw it, and interrogated him angrily "Hey boy, why are you using two cellphones and two watches, do you think you are special or something?" Anderson responded "I don't think. I AM special"

Needless to say, the manager put Anderson in the starting line up immediately.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
The 2nd division playoff game (decided who was promoted), it was made into a DVD. Gremio away at Nautico.. packed stadium, immense nerves

Referee called a penalty against Gremio in the last seconds of the match (he had called a penalty earlier which Nautico missed).. Players revolted, and he sent off 4 Gremio players I believe.. Galatto makes a magical save, and Anderson scores in the counter, promoting Gremio

around 2:30 the incidents start, if anyone is interested

Last edited:

Dr Baltar

"and he shits on Fabregas!".

He's just been waiting for him to return so he can live up to the song again. It all makes sense now.

Get In Scholesy

The 2nd division playoff game (decided who was promoted), it was made into a DVD. Gremio away at Nautico.. packed stadium, immense nerves

Referee called a penalty against Gremio in the last seconds of the match (he had called a penalty earlier which Nautico missed).. Players revolted, and he sent off 4 Gremio players I believe.. Galatto makes a magical save, and Anderson scores in the counter, promoting Gremio

around 2:30 the incidents start, if anyone is interested

That was excellent, thanks for that mate. Remember watching him before we signed him, he was so electric and exciting.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
No wonder he is always happy and cherry. He gets to earn money every week without having to kick a ball and actually earn it.

Brophs

The One and Only

When Gremio were at a very tough financial period, with bad players, the manager was eating with the team. At one point, the youth team came in the caffeteria, and there was a 16 year old kid with braids using two cell phones and two watches.

The manager saw it, and interrogated him angrily "Hey boy, why are you using two cellphones and two watches, do you think you are special or something?" Anderson responded "I don't think. I AM special"

He sounds like an excellent, logical manager.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Is this the usual point in the season where we say he's looking trim and he will come good with a run of games?

ghagua

No. I was unhappy. Unhappy for two reasons. First of all (the one that matters me the most) everyone could see that Ronaldo was a very talented player that would definitely help us achieve our campaign objectives. It was a bad deal period. If he was to play for us in Champions League, i have no doubt that we would sell for the double. That´s what i want us to do with Carvalho. I won´t have any problem if he leaves us next year. Porto was already doing big business at the time. And that´s because they have a very competent board in what concerns transfer deals. Our boards were the opposite. Until Bruno de Carvalho got appointed, i can´t remember a good deal besides Nani (which was a good deal by Soares Franco).
If Ronaldo was playing at Porto, i don´t have any doubt that he would be sold for the double or triple. If United didn´t want to pay the price, no problem. He would play another year and get further valorization. Quaresma was a bad deal, it can´t be used as an example. Porto sold him for the double or triple to Mourinho´s Inter. It was that money plus a player named Rochemback (who was average at best).
It was a question of timing. Not only Dias da Cunha was an incompetent chairman in what concerns transfers, he was feeling the pressure of making money because we had just inaugurated a brand new stadium. United couldn´t get better circunstancies to make a deal as our board was under financial pressure.
At that point of time, that was a massive fee for an 18 year old with potential. You cannot compare the current crazy transfer fee with what United paid for Ronaldo 11 years ago. Any way you look at it, it was a massive fee at that time.

Lu Tze

I firmly believe that he should be employed as Fred the Red and/or the dressing room clown after his contract finishes. Just...no more kicking footballs.

Aboutreika18

At that point of time, that was a massive fee for an 18 year old with potential. You cannot compare the current crazy transfer fee with what United paid for Ronaldo 11 years ago. Any way you look at it, it was a massive fee at that time.
Not really. £30 million for an 18 year old Rooney a year later was a massive fee, £24 million for Cassano and almost £30 million for Saviola a couple of years before Ronaldo's move were big fees.

£12.24 million in 2003 for Ronaldo isn't even in the same ball park as those massive fees.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Rothwell and Pearson would run rings around Anderson. He doesn't need to be kept for anything.
If they could, they'd be training with the first team right now. Cleverley was touted as the best midfielder to come out of our academy since Scholes and look how that turned out. Don't count your chicken before the eggs hatch or something like that.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.

Heard this story before during his good form during first season with us. I think Anderson is rumored to have actually replied something like: "I bought these things because I wanted them now that I can afford them".

The thing I like about it most the story is that it was actually used at that time to show how mature and single minded he was for his age in standing up to the manager.

Now I look at it as a sign of exactly what is most importantly missing from his make up as a professional footballer.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I'm with you!

With hindsight we bought a number 10 and tried to convert him to a b2b, something that never suited his ability and style. All together with his injuries and an unhealthy lifestyle who made him a sick note and not able to fulfill his potential. He will never become the same player he was as a teenager but I wish God use his power and give Ando some luck and maybe he can have a pay back time to all of us who have laughed on his behalf. He's worth it.
Source?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
If they could, they'd be training with the first team right now. Cleverley was touted as the best midfielder to come out of our academy since Scholes and look how that turned out. Don't count your chicken before the eggs hatch or something like that.
They have. Rothwell was in the CL squad last season and was training with the first team for months. They've held their own against a midfield of Dembele and Bentaleb, two players also far better than Anderson.

Clevs still turned out better than Anderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.